You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Kuckoo

Georgia or Yoshi?

34 comments in this topic

[SYN]
Members
5,879 posts
13,316 battles

Can get either one but I'm on the fence.  Or I should simply keep the coal, which is where I'm leaning.  I dunno, lol.

Which would you get and why?

Regards.

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
5,200 posts
20,409 battles
2 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

Can get either one but I'm on the fence.  Or I should simply keep the coal, which is where I'm leaning.  I dunno, lol.

Regards.

If you play  BB's a lot. Ranked T9 is coming. Georgia might be a option.

[SIM]
Members
5,906 posts
9,414 battles

Georgia is currently one of the most unique ships in the entire USN fleet. High speed with a speed boost consumable, punchy 18” guns, and a raftload of secondaries. Even with Ohio in the pipeline, Georgia will remain distinct for her speed if nothing else. If you’re a USN BB player, she’s a very solid pick up.

Yoshino is kind of a bigger, slower Zao from what I’ve seen. It’s not that simple obviously, but Yoshino does a lot of what Zao does (strong HE performance, nasty torpedoes) with a super cruiser hull. If you like the IJN, specifically cruisers, then she’s not bad. As an extra bonus, her characteristics as a super cruiser mean that she’s good for training cruiser or battleship captains, since she straddles the line between them and benefits from both builds. 

The only new upcomimg Coal ship that has been announced (IIRC) is Smolensk, a tier X Russian cruiser that I honestly know nothing about. 

Edited by SkaerKrow

Members
4,477 posts
4,779 battles

Bet on me everytime. Everytime. 

Honestly though if you want a ship that can comfortably move close and go fast doing it, Georgia. If you like to play far away or dance with an explosive fate, Yoshino will fill that need. My reason was lame and I got Yoshino just to have an IJN premium at every tier. Personally i'd go with Georgia because its Mikasa but if the main cannons actually did something and the secondary crew were vets behind their guns. 

Edited by Yoshiblue

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
22,027 battles
21 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

Regards.

Probably neither … I waited months for a decent ship to come out and all I see is higher prices for meh

Finally got tired of seeing all the coal piling up and used it to buy Yoshino to see if that would get me interested in the game again

I still haven't sailed it - not even in co-op 

[SLI]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,544 posts

I really like my Georgia.  I am a big fan of secondary ships though so take that for what it is worth.

Regarding saving your coal, it isn't going to benefit you at all just sitting there being a currency number.  If you plan on continuing to play the game, it is not a limited resource.

I don't view it as "which one should I get", I view it as "in what order should I get them", because I am going to obtain them all anyway. 

Members
4,477 posts
4,779 battles

The ships could be though, but it's okay to wait. They usually announce when a ship will be retired from the armory/tech tree. 

[-RNG-]
Supertester
3,226 posts
6,204 battles

Georgia may not be characteristic of the USN BB lines, but she is super fun with her quick heal, secondaries, and fantastic alpha damage. 

Totally recrommended!

[SYN]
Members
5,879 posts
13,316 battles
50 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

The only new upcomimg Coal ship that has been announced (IIRC) is Smolensk, a tier X Russian cruiser that I honestly know nothing about. 

A typical Tier X dakka-dakka CL I think.

[NMKJT]
Members
3,363 posts
8,559 battles

Georgia is a lot more unique as a ship in general, nevermind just for the USN. She has one of the most bizarre array of qualities for a single ship in the game, and for that alone she's worth it unless you really can't make an even faster Iowa hull work.

Yoshino is more 'I'm going to epitomize everything awful about T10 and love it' cause you literally sit back farming damage with it most of the time. You could think of it as a T10 passive play punishment device, because all those people who try to snipe from further away will get punished by you. I'm getting Yoshino to do exactly that.

[TSF_1]
Members
3,301 posts
7,816 battles

Yoshino. Georgia has a high skill floor, but Yoshino has a high skill ceiling IMO. "Cruiser" gang.

[PSA]
Members
5,118 posts
3,738 battles

Both are very good ships. So pick the one fits your playstyle the most.

Georgia: medium range accurate AP sniper that can push aggressively and brawl if needed.

Yoshino: long range accurate HE spammer with incredible HE pen and alpha.

[ASHIP]
Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

Georgia is far better, she's straight up overpowered. Has the handling of a cruiser with more speed than most DDs in the game, with massive guns that have reduced reload, very good sigma and dispersion, and extremely strong secondaries and AA, with a capable protection scheme.

Yoshino is a mediocre "support" ship relegated to the back lines and kiting because of  hermassive size and extreme fragility, only real strength is her HE shell performance/gun caliber. Her guns don't even have good DPM, and the ship itself has zero utility or versatility. I'd take Zao over her easily is the vast majority of circumstances.

[TDRB]
Members
5,394 posts
13,743 battles

I took the Georgia and now I working towards the Yoshino. The French event has boosted my coal stash.

[HDR]
Beta Testers
324 posts
8,022 battles

It's simple do you like playing in the back or running around like a madman. I chose the Georgia and love it. 

[HELLS]
Members
2,890 posts
33,044 battles

Neither one. I am not a paper ship fan. Sitting on my coal until a mid-tier coal ship that actually floated in the world's oceans comes along. If you are a BB main, Georgia can handle the heat as long as you don't show any broadside....

• Boring 1

[USN]
Members
1,747 posts
21,972 battles

Georgia: plays somewhat differently than most other US BBs, as her secondaries are probably the best secondaries of any BB before Ohio comes in with improved 5in/54s, so a secondary build works, while only Ohio and Massachusetts would be worth speccing into secondaries. Alternatively, Georgia could work just as well as with a normal US BB captain.

Yoshino: have Zao and her perma camo? Have Atago? Have Azuma and don't like her? if the answer is yes to either of these questions, Yoshino wouldn't be advisable. She plays more like those ships, and Zao and Atago do it better. Although with IFHE changes as they stand, IFHE Henri loses the ability to pen 50mm of armor found on Stalingrad and Moskva, while Yoshino breaks 50mm from the shipyard, and has more damage per hit, and usable torps, so maybe she could take over the role of the flanking Henri in future clan battles, but she is also far squishier than Henri, so maybe not.

Upcoming coal ship Smolensk: If Kutozov and Grovzoi were to have a baby, this would be the end result. Very squishy, smoke, 16 DD guns with high potential DPM, but need IFHE to do any damage to anything other than DDs, and IFHE is possibly being changed that greatly affects this ship, so it might be better to wait and see how the IFHE changes affect this ship before pulling the trigger.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,878 posts
24,720 battles

If you have tha Massachusetts,  get Georgia.  Same fun ship with speed and best in game Alpha. 

• Boring 1

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,817 posts
38,539 battles
33 minutes ago, General_WTSherman said:

I got Yoshino to torture Kreml and GK.  10k HE salvos with fires.  

I can do that with Zao already.

I went for Georgia.

[BSOR1]
Members
35 posts
9,149 battles

I keep wanting to get Georgia, but am on the fence because of Ohio. If she is a coal ship I may not have time to get both.

[SYN]
Members
5,879 posts
13,316 battles
59 minutes ago, tfcas119 said:

Georgia: plays somewhat differently than most other US BBs, as her secondaries are probably the best secondaries of any BB before Ohio comes in with improved 5in/54s, so a secondary build works, while only Ohio and Massachusetts would be worth speccing into secondaries. Alternatively, Georgia could work just as well as with a normal US BB captain.

Yoshino: have Zao and her perma camo? Have Atago? Have Azuma and don't like her? if the answer is yes to either of these questions, Yoshino wouldn't be advisable. She plays more like those ships, and Zao and Atago do it better. Although with IFHE changes as they stand, IFHE Henri loses the ability to pen 50mm of armor found on Stalingrad and Moskva, while Yoshino breaks 50mm from the shipyard, and has more damage per hit, and usable torps, so maybe she could take over the role of the flanking Henri in future clan battles, but she is also far squishier than Henri, so maybe not.

Upcoming coal ship Smolensk: If Kutozov and Grovzoi were to have a baby, this would be the end result. Very squishy, smoke, 16 DD guns with high potential DPM, but need IFHE to do any damage to anything other than DDs, and IFHE is possibly being changed that greatly affects this ship, so it might be better to wait and see how the IFHE changes affect this ship before pulling the trigger.

Out of the three I have the "poor man's premium" ARP Atago.  Love it, though I tend to get very difficult matches with it.