Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
nastydamnanimal

I am now a DD MAIN..BEWARE

37 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[KW]
Banned
623 posts

Not a frenchy...not yet, might get one later.

But man you guys are in for some trouble now.

Bojangles club get ready better start crying and ponying up to WG for massive nerf hammers.

 

Edited by nastydamnanimal
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
265
[RAIN]
Members
284 posts
10,089 battles

hello i am a CV main.....i use american rocket/HE bombers :cap_haloween:

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,198
[SYN]
Members
5,879 posts
13,316 battles
1 minute ago, thebigblue said:

Why would you choose to “main” anything when there are so many excellent ships in all types to choose from?

Some might actually prefer play styles inherent in certain ship types, but I agree, there are a lot of excellent ships of all types in this game.

I started off with destroyers but eventually took a liking to cruisers as well.  Battleships are slowly growing on me but are still a bit too conspicuous for my tastes.

...and I still suck horribly in them.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,555
[KSF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,732 posts
19,688 battles
3 hours ago, nastydamnanimal said:

Not a frenchy...not yet, might get one later.

But man you guys are in for some trouble now.

Bojangles club get ready better start crying and ponying up to WG for massive nerf hammers.

 

Beware that ... you don't torp your own team mates by accident?

Or beware that your will be yolo swagging it into the nearest cap and dying within the first minute of the game?

 

Thanks for the heads up.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
616
[BOTO]
Members
1,475 posts
19,048 battles
3 hours ago, nastydamnanimal said:

Not a frenchy...not yet, might get one later.

But man you guys are in for some trouble now.

Bojangles club get ready better start crying and ponying up to WG for massive nerf hammers.

 

I'm glad, I love the XP from easy DD kills.  Thanks!:cap_like:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,969 posts

In order to further your conquest to purge WoWs of all its

4 hours ago, nastydamnanimal said:

Not a frenchy...not yet, might get one later.

But man you guys are in for some trouble now.

Bojangles club get ready better start crying and ponying up to WG for massive nerf hammers.

 

In order to further your Holy conquest to purge WoWs of all it's Heathens, sinners, and non-believers... I recommend you use the HMCS Haida to promptly deliver the heinous NooBB demons from evil...

Amen Father, and Godspeed!

Edited by ElectroVeeDub

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,003
[KAPPA]
Members
3,158 posts
9,567 battles
4 hours ago, Kuckoo said:

Some might actually prefer play styles inherent in certain ship types, but I agree, there are a lot of excellent ships of all types in this game.

I started off with destroyers but eventually took a liking to cruisers as well.  Battleships are slowly growing on me but are still a bit too conspicuous for my tastes.

...and I still suck horribly in them.

 

You remind me of me! When I started, I had a knack for DD and was okay at CL, but was terrible at BB. So what did I do? I mained BB, as the weakest link breaks the chain. 2 years later, and I'm able to use any ship fairly well, but am especially good at BB. My BB and recent CV maining has actually taken my DD play to the next level, too.

Ignore the DD average if you look, as I haven't played much DD in around a year, so that's still low based on almost completely past performance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
114
[AK]
Members
298 posts
13,569 battles

Don't waste your time on French DDs. No smoke makes them at least 50% useless. Even more so, probably. DDs are used to take caps. No smoke means you can't effectively do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,969 posts
5 minutes ago, CTMAADawson said:

Don't waste your time on French DDs. No smoke makes them at least 50% useless. Even more so, probably. DDs are used to take caps. No smoke means you can't effectively do that.

So much wrong ...

Those French DD's can annihilate anything from 14kms away.

I've had many games in the Jaguar that exceeded 100,000 damage. All you gotta do is Khaba! The problem is potatoes think it needs smoke and can't figure it out. Theyre a high skill DD for professionals only. Sadly, many can't hack it...

And they're a pain in the $%^& to kill.

Edited by ElectroVeeDub
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[KW]
Banned
623 posts
31 minutes ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

So much wrong ...

Those French DD's can annihilate anything from 14kms away.

I've had many games in the Jaguar that exceeded 100,000 damage. All you gotta do is Khaba! The problem is potatoes think it needs smoke and can't figure it out. Theyre a high skill DD for professionals only. Sadly, many can't hack it...

And they're a pain in the $%^& to kill.

I've killed the frenchies only one got away with a sliver of hp. 

But they are new so I'll chalk that up as such

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[KW]
Banned
623 posts
22 minutes ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

Good luck with that.

Which DDs do you like?

I'm liking the RN and RU have yet to try the USA but I plan too after I get the RU cappy to 19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,969 posts
22 minutes ago, nastydamnanimal said:

I've killed the frenchies only one got away with a sliver of hp. 

But they are new so I'll chalk that up as such

That's because about 90% of the player base do not understand French DD's. They think you're supposed to torp and use smoke, capture etc. They have a pre-conceived idea and stereotype of how to play DD's, and they're completely wrong. They think they're in a Japanese torp boat by default.

French DD's are long range snipers (the exception being the siroco it seems) . If a player does it properly you'd have one heck of a time hitting them at 14kms away going 53 knots.

I can literally out-dodge and out gun T10 cruisers in a T8 Le Terrible and cripple them with the amazing French AP... (Des Moines, Zao, Hindy, Moskva always fall for it)

Watching them rage is hilarious! They always assume they can kill a DD then they charge out in a valiant attempt to murder the DD! Then they f%^& up, go broadside and get deleted by a T10 BB. Their determination to kill the DD gets them dead instead...

French DD's are an amazingly annoying distraction that wreaks havok on enemy teams if they manage to flank that team from behind.

Excellent bait ships that draw all aggro towards a target nobody can hit. If you see one and its shooting you? Don't fire back and just eat it. It's a trap. You're being kited...

Edited by ElectroVeeDub

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,551
[EGO]
Banned
4,105 posts
16,276 battles
1 hour ago, nastydamnanimal said:

I'm liking the RN and RU have yet to try the USA but I plan too after I get the RU cappy to 19

Good choices. Daring and Grozovoi are amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,598
[KRAK]
Members
3,727 posts
22,592 battles
2 hours ago, CTMAADawson said:

Don't waste your time on French DDs. No smoke makes them at least 50% useless. Even more so, probably. DDs are used to take caps. No smoke means you can't effectively do that.

What does smoke matter when every other cruiser has radar and is hidden behind an island just waiting for you to enter the cap? Smoke is only useful to break LOS if you hide in it you get torped.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,324
[KAG]
Members
1,373 posts
13,541 battles
18 minutes ago, Vaffu said:

What does smoke matter when every other cruiser has radar and is hidden behind an island just waiting for you to enter the cap? Smoke is only useful to break LOS if you hide in it you get torped.

RU and French play almost identical.. with the swing going to the French with their guns and speed advantage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,598
[KRAK]
Members
3,727 posts
22,592 battles
8 minutes ago, BarneyStyle said:

RU and French play almost identical.. with the swing going to the French with their guns and speed advantage.

My point was you do not need smoke to cap. The play styles of the Ru and French DD are irrelevant. I do not know about the swing as I only have the Khab and no French DD as yet. Khab is a formidable boat it can tear up a Haru and most cruisers. Will let you know when I get my hands on a french DD which is better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,324
[KAG]
Members
1,373 posts
13,541 battles
8 minutes ago, Vaffu said:

My point was you do not need smoke to cap. The play styles of the Ru and French DD are irrelevant. I do not know about the swing as I only have the Khab and no French DD as yet. Khab is a formidable boat it can tear up a Haru and most cruisers. Will let you know when I get my hands on a french DD which is better.

Don’t have the Khab yet, since the line splits I’m going with Groz first.  Just saying they play very similar with it without smoke.  Capping is not their strong suit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,119
[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
3,407 battles
7 hours ago, Skyspartan said:

hello i am a CV main.....i use american rocket/HE bombers :cap_haloween:

...DDs can murder your squadrons now...

Enjoy.

3 hours ago, CTMAADawson said:

Don't waste your time on French DDs. No smoke makes them at least 50% useless. Even more so, probably. DDs are used to take caps. No smoke means you can't effectively do that.

So wrong on so many levels.

It is NOT the primary function of a DD to take a cap. Stop perpetuating this sillyness.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,663
[SALVO]
Members
3,718 posts
7,569 battles
2 hours ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

That's because about 90% of the player base do not understand French DD's. They think you're supposed to torp and use smoke, capture etc. They have a pre-conceived idea and stereotype of how to play DD's, and they're completely wrong. They think they're in a Japanese torp boat by default.

French DD's are long range snipers (the exception being the siroco it seems) . If a player does it properly you'd have one heck of a time hitting them at 14kms away going 53 knots.

I can literally out-dodge and out gun T10 cruisers in a T8 Le Terrible and cripple them with the amazing French AP... (Des Moines, Zao, Hindy, Moskva always fall for it)

Watching them rage is hilarious! They always assume they can kill a DD then they charge out in a valiant attempt to murder the DD! Then they f%^& up, go broadside and get deleted by a T10 BB. Their determination to kill the DD gets them dead instead...

French DD's are an amazingly annoying distraction that wreaks havok on enemy teams if they manage to flank that team from behind.

Excellent bait ships that draw all aggro towards a target nobody can hit. If you see one and its shooting you? Don't fire back and just eat it. It's a trap. You're being kited...

Gawd this is going to kill me to say it but: I hope you are right.

Edited by eviltane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,326 posts
95 battles
7 hours ago, thebigblue said:

Why would you choose to “main” anything when there are so many excellent ships in all types to choose from?

OP didn't say that he/she plays ONLY DDs now. I, for one, consider myself a DD main, yet at the same time with 4.5k games played, I have 30% in cruiser, 31% in BBs and 38% in DDs. It's just the ship type that I enjoy the most and feel most comfortable playing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×