You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Jason864

An Honest Look at Tier 8 CVs

11 comments in this topic

[EMPIR]
Members
20 posts
8,845 battles

Open letter for thought for everyone.
Tier 8 CVS are virtually useless. Ive been a CV main for a long time and i have never felt so useless or frustrated in this game. 
Now I play Graf, Enterprise and Lexington so im sorry if other carriers are different but they are not fun anymore.
I see tier 10 way too much. Before i didnt really care that much when everyone was playing carriers. But now? Being a lone tier 8 carrier in a tier 10 match? Literally cant get close. Yea you can spot but ITS NOT FUN!
The reason for the frustration is more wargamings response to carriers. All these broad nerfs that hurt lower tiers the most. The soft cap on 1 CV per team hurt the most I think. 2 carriers (1 tier 8 1 tier 10 or 1 tier 6 1 tier 8 per team 1 tier 4 1 tier 6 you get the idea) Was great. Even as the lower carrier you felt you had support. You felt even if the team hated you and wanted you removed from the game that at least one person on the team you could coordinate with. Now thats petty much gone because even the most devout carrier player is fed up with sending planes into the meat grinder for no result. It just seems your out to punish carriers. Most players have learned how to deal with planes. Dont be alone in low AA ships, work your captain skills etc but what more can carriers do? Its time to take the training wheels back off for other ships and let CVs be fun again before all of us quit playing them.
Anyone elses thoughts please?
And for the love of god please nerf DDs. Im so sick of hearing that carrier pick on DDs. Like if they play right i cant even see them to shoot them. And they can shoot down or fight against planes but when you have 16 torpedoes coming at you what are you supposed to do?? Nothing you can do

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[EMPIR]
Members
20 posts
8,845 battles

Also just wanna say this. I can get some great games in carriers. Im sure others will say "Oh im still doing fine try this" but please ask yourself after thinking about all the times you get played up, and all the times you go in all alone, and all the abuse you get in game, If its still fun to you? Like there was a sweet spot that i lost the salt for the rework and it was fun.. Now thats gone.

[EMPIR]
Members
20 posts
8,845 battles

Honestly? I dont have a problem with it in other ships as long as its not all the time or im not the only one. I can still start fires and in some ships (Like mass or Baltimore or Cleveland) i dont feel outclassed too bad. But when your planes cant even get close?

[PSA]
Members
5,118 posts
3,738 battles

Doesn't help that they are currently on the poor side of game balance. It's hard enough to get a drop on a same tier ship with half decent AA, let alone two tiers higher.

Hopefully, the upcoming changes will balance it. Maybe.

[-GPS-]
Members
2,942 posts
40,142 battles

Lexington still works for me. Kaga is OK but sometimes frustrating. I gave up on Shokaku a while ago - the AP bombs are too dependent on RNG. The Graf Zeppelin is a bad joke and I want my money back. The Brit T8 needs 3 torps per flight. Oh Saipan can do very well but you have to be so careful managing plane reserves that it’s harder to carry. 

[EMPIR]
Members
20 posts
8,845 battles

Graf if they emphasized her battle carrier role and stopped nerfing her bombs would be ok because you can say to hell with it and use guns at least

Members
1,969 posts

Lots of changes are inbound for 0.8.7 that may... or may not help out T8 CV's. Aside from AA balance changes, there's an improved matchmaking feature for T8's where you'll be guaranteed to see no more than 40% of you games with T10's in them.

[EMPIR]
Members
20 posts
8,845 battles

Thats IF you play the same ship over and over. IDK about you but i bounce back and forth between them and dont just sit in port after being blasted