Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
db4100

All in all it was just the bricks in the wall

9 comments in this topic

[LWA]
Members
1,370 posts
15,911 battles

Am I the only one that thinks that the CV's aircraft should  be able to pass through the boarder?  As of now the planes hit the boarder like a wall, unable to pass through and sitting ducks for the target's AA.  Any ship can just hug the border and chew up planes.  As a CV player you will get one good pass on a target stuck on the border, then your planes get mowed down as they lay suspended in mid air.

The fix?  Either let the aircraft fly on through so they can turn around at about 5km pass the border and do another attack run, or give the aircraft immunity to AA damage while near the wall.  Or, as in the recent flooded city event we had, you receive damage over time to your ship if you engage the wall.  Otherwise it is just not fair to the CV player.

Members
912 posts
14,779 battles

Or just pick another target. A ship hugging a wall is not contesting a cap or exerting any map presence. Let him hug away while your team controls the map and the win.

• Cool 2

[GWG]
Members
7,776 posts
14,921 battles

Used to be that they would ricochet off the wall with a 'pong' type angle.

Are they sticking now?  Haven't tried it recently.  I usually used this on the Aegis mission, where I'd park my CV south of the exit point.

Seriously ????   ANOTHER NERF TO CVs ?????   Did anyone ask for this???

[LWA]
Members
1,370 posts
15,911 battles
27 minutes ago, Prothall said:

Or just pick another target. A ship hugging a wall is not contesting a cap or exerting any map presence. Let him hug away while your team controls the map and the win.

CVs like to hug the border when their team is losing, and most times the CV is the last and only target.

[GWG]
Members
7,776 posts
14,921 battles
2 hours ago, AVR_Project said:

Used to be that they would ricochet off the wall with a 'pong' type angle.

Are they sticking now?  Haven't tried it recently.  I usually used this on the Aegis mission, where I'd park my CV south of the exit point.

Seriously ????   ANOTHER NERF TO CVs ?????   Did anyone ask for this???

Just tested this out in a training room...

They still bounce off the walls like 'Pong'.

We'll coin the phrase, 'PLANE PONG'.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,698 posts
2 hours ago, db4100 said:

Am I the only one that thinks that the CV's aircraft should  be able to pass through the boarder? 

Planes can't pass through the border because they now have the same mechanics as ships. Back in the RTS days the planes had a different mechanic where they could attack from outside the border, which caused its own problems.

[LWA]
Members
1,370 posts
15,911 battles
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

Planes can't pass through the border because they now have the same mechanics as ships. Back in the RTS days the planes had a different mechanic where they could attack from outside the border, which caused its own problems.

How so? 

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,698 posts
22 minutes ago, db4100 said:

How so? 

Many people didn't think it fair that planes could attack from outside the map border while ships had to stay within it.

[MKLG]
Members
9 posts
3,621 battles

I'll sometimes use the pong behavior to get quick torp launches from both directions on ships that are loitering near the border.  It takes forever to turn a squadron around, but if you just fly at the border *pong!* you get a 180 insta-turn.  It's a bit lame that I can do this, but them's the game mechanics (currently).

Sign in to follow this