Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Gristle_LD

Unexpected achievement combos?

3 comments in this topic

[HMCSH]
Members
104 posts
8,562 battles

So I'm nose in all guns a blazing.. manual secondary's on a one target for a spell then switching to another I felt more important. Mains pouring HE into another. Super low on health and burning down. Get one final salvo off and die. After death I kill two ship. Received 2X close quarters 2x its just a flesh wound and double strike. I didn't think much about it till a guy commented "never seen that before"

It was a BB guess what ship it was? 

So what's your fun experience?

Members
912 posts
14,779 battles

My best one was way back in open beta or early after the grand opening. I was in my trusty St. Louis and I sailed for a flank with 3 friendlies in tow.

The three friendlies all decided to turn around and I was too inexperienced to notice it on the map. Suddenly red ships start popping up in front of me and I realized I was all alone.

I decided I would try to take one with me so I started blazing away at a red cruiser while 4 red ships started blazing away at me. In the end I was down to a sliver and the cruiser I was targeting was also down to a sliver. He shot me, and killed me, clearly first and he got a "First Blood" award. My last salvo was in the air and a few tenths of a second later my shells landed on him. I also got "First Blood". Now this happens occasionally, but I was also awarded, "It's Just a Flesh Wound," So the game realized that I died second.

Only time I ever saw someone get first blood and flesh wound at the same time. I know it was for that first encounter, as he was the only ship I sank and we were the first two kills by a wide margin. I assume this bug was fixed some time in the last 4 years.

[EQRN]
Members
2,301 posts
21,469 battles

Not a combo, but I sure as heck had never heard of this achievement nor even the event that triggers it.  Watch the first two minutes of this Jingles video:

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this