Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Captain_Rawhide

+50% vs. +100% experience?

17 comments in this topic

[WOLFG]
Members
1,191 posts

This is the first time I've noticed this.  Usually there is a +50% bonus for first games for every ship in port.  Today there is a +100% bonus for 'some ships', but not for others.  No rhyme or reason as to why?   Why would they even want to change this.  Just to annoy everybody? 

[SOFOP]
Members
2,585 posts
16,296 battles

That's your first win of the day bonus.  Sometimes it's 50%, sometimes 100%, sometimes 200%, sometimes 300%.  It only shows on ships that have not gotten a first win of the day yet, which is why some may not show it.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,236 posts
4,363 battles

Weekend. The first win bonus is increased on most weekends for whatever event is going on. And by weekend WG means Fri, Sat, and Sunday.

Also, are you actually complaining about more XP?

-Members-
1,642 posts
1,443 battles
5 minutes ago, Captain_Rawhide said:

This is the first time I've noticed this.  Usually there is a +50% bonus for first games for every ship in port.  Today there is a +100% bonus for 'some ships', but not for others.  No rhyme or reason as to why?   Why would they even want to change this.  Just to annoy everybody? 

Hey Captain_Rawhide,

There is a combat mission going on that is giving 100% XP to ships: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/august-missions-2019/

Day of the Russian Navy

Start: Fri. Jul. 26 4:20 AM PT / 7:20 AM ET
End: Mon. Jul. 29 4:20 AM PT / 7:20 AM ET

The Day of the Russian Navy is celebrated on the last Sunday in July. On this day you'll enjoy discounts for re-searchable ships and in-game items, as well as new combat missions. The main reward will be the St. George Flag, which was received by the most famous ships of the Russian Imperial Navy as a symbol of their exceptional combat merits.

Discounts and bonuses:

•  +100% XP bonus for the first win of the day.
  • You can convert elite XP from Commanders into Free XP at the cost of 1 doubloon for each 35 Free XP.
  • −50% to the cost of Tier II–V researchable Russian/Soviet ships in credits.
  • −30% to the cost of Tier VI–VII researchable Russian/Soviet ships in credits.
  • −15% to the cost of Tier VIII–X researchable Russian/Soviet ships in credits.
  • −60% to the cost of consumables in credits.
  • −50% to the cost of economic signals in doubloons within the game client.

Is this what you are seeing in-game?

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
1,191 posts
3 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Weekend. The first win bonus is increased on most weekends for whatever event is going on. And by weekend WG means Fri, Sat, and Sunday.

Also, are you actually complaining about more XP?

No.  What I'm complaining about is that there is no  bonus on ships I haven't played today.  

Members
474 posts
3,719 battles
14 minutes ago, Captain_Rawhide said:

Ninja'd by Kami.

However, it looks like the daily bonus does not display for ships with the "Symbol of France" still available.

Edited by ZoomieG

[WOLFG]
Members
1,191 posts
2 minutes ago, Kami said:

Hey Captain_Rawhide,

There is a combat mission going on that is giving 100% XP to ships: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/august-missions-2019/

Day of the Russian Navy

Start: Fri. Jul. 26 4:20 AM PT / 7:20 AM ET
End: Mon. Jul. 29 4:20 AM PT / 7:20 AM ET

The Day of the Russian Navy is celebrated on the last Sunday in July. On this day you'll enjoy discounts for re-searchable ships and in-game items, as well as new combat missions. The main reward will be the St. George Flag, which was received by the most famous ships of the Russian Imperial Navy as a symbol of their exceptional combat merits.

Discounts and bonuses:

•  +100% XP bonus for the first win of the day.
  • You can convert elite XP from Commanders into Free XP at the cost of 1 doubloon for each 35 Free XP.
  • −50% to the cost of Tier II–V researchable Russian/Soviet ships in credits.
  • −30% to the cost of Tier VI–VII researchable Russian/Soviet ships in credits.
  • −15% to the cost of Tier VIII–X researchable Russian/Soviet ships in credits.
  • −60% to the cost of consumables in credits.
  • −50% to the cost of economic signals in doubloons within the game client.

Is this what you are seeing in-game?

I  don't think so.  All ships should have some kind of daily bonus.  Isn't that correct?  Ships I have not played have no bonus on them

[-CFI-]
Members
369 posts
4,160 battles
4 minutes ago, Captain_Rawhide said:

No.  What I'm complaining about is that there is no  bonus on ships I haven't played today.  

Did you play them last night after 06:00 Eastern time?

Edited by Incomitatus

-Members-
1,642 posts
1,443 battles
Just now, Captain_Rawhide said:

I  don't think so.  All ships should have some kind of daily bonus.  Isn't that correct?  Ships I have not played have no bonus on them

Did the ships you played happen to have a "symbol of France" on them and you already got your win of the day in them? 

Members
474 posts
3,719 battles
2 minutes ago, Kami said:

Did the ships you played happen to have a "symbol of France" on them and you already got your win of the day in them? 

The "Symbol of France" apparently has display priority.  Ships that have not had the symbol knocked off are not displaying the daily win bonus.

[PVE]
Members
20,171 posts
13,061 battles
2 minutes ago, ZoomieG said:

The "Symbol of France" apparently has display priority.  Ships that have not had the symbol knocked off are not displaying the daily win bonus.

The little red stars are there right? When multiple symbols appear, the +100% words won't have room, but will still apply. The red stars are the first win bonus.

1 minute ago, Captain_Rawhide said:

So the bonus still 'exists', it just doesn't display?

Yes

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
1,191 posts
7 minutes ago, ZoomieG said:

Okay.   Thanks all for helping clear this up.  It looks as though the France symbol is pushing the win bonus off.    At least I'm  not losing my mind.

Edited by Captain_Rawhide

-Members-
1,642 posts
1,443 battles

Hey Captain_Rawhide,

Does your port happen to look like this?

adasdada.jpg

-Members-
1,642 posts
1,443 battles
1 minute ago, Captain_Rawhide said:

Thanks Kami.  I think I've got this cleared up now.  

Awesome, glad we could help =). Enjoy the weekend missions!

Members
3,526 posts
7,172 battles

I was wondering the same yesterday that some ships or very few ships displayed the percentage amount but so many didn't like this...GLAD this has been explained!

shot-19.07.27_06.43.36-0001.jpg

Sign in to follow this