Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Seagrizzly

Protest French Event - Cash Grab

86 comments in this topic

[SC]
Alpha Tester
233 posts
7,520 battles

Hey guys just a PSA and I had another post I made but the topic was not correct for how really bad this is.

If you buy prem ships and get tokens and finish the 4 missions for the tier 9 boat, YOU DO NOT GET THE TIER 9 BOAT, YOU HAVE A 1 IN 30 SHOT FOR 1000 DOUBLOONS EACH TO GAMBLE FOR IT.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 8

[_SMS_]
Members
936 posts
4,393 battles

Pretty sure you aren't correct on those details but how is this different than any other 'cash grab' they have ever done?  

I salute your personal choice to protest and not participate...now please stop making threads about this.

• Cool 1

[SLI]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,550 posts
7 minutes ago, T_O_dubl_D said:

Pretty sure you aren't correct on those details but how is this different than any other 'cash grab' they have ever done?  

I salute your personal choice to protest and not participate...now please stop making threads about this.

He is correct, kind of. Not sure what he is talking about with the premium ships thing.

You have to spend 1000 doubloons for a 1/30 chance to get the T9, after unlocking the prior bundles.  Every time you roll the dice, your chances get better.  It's all explained in the news/patch notes.

Personally, I am just going after the premium camos for free because DDs aren't my specialty but I am sure some people will go for it.

• Cool 1

[SC]
Alpha Tester
233 posts
7,520 battles

Thanks for your input but just informing the public about how horrid this one is never have they had the possibility of spending 30k Doubloons to get a single ship.  I guess if you don't really like it then don't read it and for sure don't reply to it.

• Cool 1

[CYNIC]
[CYNIC]
Members
9,236 posts
12,698 battles
7 minutes ago, Seagrizzly said:

Hey guys just a PSA and I had another post I made but the topic was not correct for how really bad this is.

If you buy prem ships and get tokens and finish the 4 missions for the tier 9 boat, YOU DO NOT GET THE TIER 9 BOAT, YOU HAVE A 1 IN 30 SHOT FOR 1000 DOUBLOONS EACH TO GAMBLE FOR IT.

A) They literally said that in advance.

B) WG is a business with a free to play game, how else do you expect them to make money and keep the game going?

C) There is, quite literally, nothing to see here, there's nothing nefarious going on. Calm your freakin ships, man.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 4

[KSF]
1,732 posts
19,696 battles
13 minutes ago, Seagrizzly said:

Wrong, this is not how the event works.

You can play your existing ships and get republic tokens or coal - both for free for first wins - until the next update.  Their are 4 packages that can be purchased with the Republic tokens, they offer increasing amounts of rewards - credits, coal, camos, signals and doubloons - AT NO COST TO YOU.

After - I repeat AFTER you have received all the packages - THEN you can trade in 1,000 doubloons for one of the 30 reward packages - they vary in value - but SPOILER ALERT - you see what the contents of the package are BEFORE you buy it.   

BEFORE YOU BUY IT.

If there is something you don't want - don't drop the doubloons, if you have 30k sitting around, you could keep buying until you got the thing you wanted - but you will know BEFORE hand what you are going to get.

• Cool 2

[TDRB]
Members
5,397 posts
13,743 battles

WG MUST! generate revenue to keep the game going. I'm not in 100% agreement with everything they do  but this is NOT! a free-2-play/pay-2-win game.

Edited by kgh52
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 3

[SC]
Alpha Tester
233 posts
7,520 battles

Well I guess that is my bad, I read the patch notes and also watched the video and didn't see where they said that you would have to spend 1000 per chance at getting the ship, I was under the assumption because of the word guarantee that if you got to the 5th mission you would get the tier 9 boat.  I guess I just blew it.  Hopefully this will make sure somebody else buys camo's or something else good with their tokens and not the other way around.

• Cool 1

[CYNIC]
[CYNIC]
Members
9,236 posts
12,698 battles
Just now, Seagrizzly said:

Thanks for your input but just informing the public about how horrid this one is never have they had the possibility of spending 30k Doubloons to get a single ship.  I guess if you don't really like it then don't read it and for sure don't reply to it.

"If you don't agree with me, then shut up!" isn't going to win you friends, it won't win you anything.

More, you do not have to spend a damn thing to get the ship, it's a free ship in 2 updates. You, clearly, have no idea what's actually going on. I repeat from my earlier post: Calm your ships, man.

[SLI]
9,550 posts
1 minute ago, Seagrizzly said:

Well I guess that is my bad, I read the patch notes and also watched the video and didn't see where they said that you would have to spend 1000 per chance at getting the ship, I was under the assumption because of the word guarantee that if you got to the 5th mission you would get the tier 9 boat.

Yeah it never said that.  WG was clear about how the T9 early unlock works from the beginning.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,615 posts
Just now, kgh52 said:

WG MUST! generate revenue to keep the game going. I'm not in 100% agreement with everything they do  but this is NOT! a free-2-play/play-2-win game.

And this^

WG didn't roll out NTC with PTW because they were already raking it in in this game. They are trying to figure out how to better monetize the game without PTW, it will get worse.:Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 1

[SC]
Alpha Tester
233 posts
7,520 battles
2 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

Wrong, this is not how the event works.

You can play your existing ships and get republic tokens or coal - both for free for first wins - until the next update.  Their are 4 packages that can be purchased with the Republic tokens, they offer increasing amounts of rewards - credits, coal, camos, signals and doubloons - AT NO COST TO YOU.

After - I repeat AFTER you have receinved all the packages - THEN you can trade in 1,000 doubloons for one of the 30 reward packages - they vary in value - but SPOILER ALERT - you see what the contents of the package are BEFORE you buy it.   

BEFORE YOU BUY IT.

If there is something you don't want - don't drop the doubloons, if you have 30k sitting around, you could keep buying until you got the thing you wanted - but you will know BEFORE hand what you are going to get.

How is the different from what I said except that you say you know what you are getting for the next package?  Because you are correct but it doesn't change the fact that if your next package is not the ship then you have to pay another 1000 just to try again.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
13,272 posts
18,878 battles

But... this event is so chillaxed. There is no pressure to get a tech tree ship early. I rather enjoy this one.

• Cool 1

[SLI]
9,550 posts
1 minute ago, paradat said:

But... this event is so chillaxed. There is no pressure to get a tech tree ship early. I rather enjoy this one.

Me too, I will take free premium camos for ships that aren't even in their line yet, all day long.

• Cool 1

[_SMS_]
Members
936 posts
4,393 battles
4 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

He is correct, you have to spend 1000 doubloons for a 1/30 chance to get the T9.  Every time you roll the dice, you chances get better.  It's all explained in the news/patch notes.

Does it say specifically there are no repeats?  I read it as after you spend the 1k a new bundle out of the whole 30 generates (not 30 - # of previous attempts) which would mean theoretically you could roll forever and not hit the magic number.

Either way I wont be going for it and even if it was guaranteed for a max of 30k that is absolutely ridiculous...but to each his own...just want to be clear that people arent being told wrong

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
13,272 posts
18,878 battles
Just now, Burnsy said:

Me too, I will take free premium camos for ships that aren't even in their line yet, all day long.

Yeah, plus the mini snowflake event is down right fun and again with no pressure to rush thru it. Heck for this event you do not even need to finish the Directives. 

Enjoying the break.

[CYNIC]
[CYNIC]
Members
9,236 posts
12,698 battles
1 minute ago, Burnsy said:

Same, plus, I'm playing all my ships for the first time since December. That alone makes it worth it, bringing out the old queens and making them dance.

[SLI]
9,550 posts
2 minutes ago, T_O_dubl_D said:

Does it say specifically there are no repeats?  I read it as after you spend the 1k a new bundle out of the whole 30 generates (not 30 - # of previous attempts) which would mean theoretically you could roll forever and not hit the magic number.

Either way I wont be going for it and even if it was guaranteed for a max of 30k that is absolutely ridiculous...but to each his own...just want to be clear that people arent being told wrong

There is a number next to each random bundle.  0/1, 0/3 etc.  The number before the slash is how many times you have gotten that bundle, the number after the slash is how many times you can get that bundle.  Every time you roll the dice (1000 dubs per roll) you increase your chances of getting the T9, by increasing the first number on one of them, by one.

[KSF]
1,732 posts
19,696 battles
1 minute ago, Seagrizzly said:

How is the different from what I said except that you say you know what you are getting for the next package?  Because you are correct but it doesn't change the fact that if your next package is not the ship then you have to pay another 1000 just to try again.

Wow, so after they give you free stuff, you want to boycott the event because they won't give you EVERYTHING for free.

You got me.  You have proved that WG are a bunch of heartless curs because you can't get the tier 9 French DD for free.

*golf clap*

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
25,691 posts
19,781 battles

Some people will say anything to trash WG, and sometimes I have to wonder if any of them are receiving incentives from the competition to do so.

That's MY tinfoil hat theory.

• Cool 3

[SOFOP]
Members
2,585 posts
16,296 battles

The ironic thing about all this is, its paying doubloons for early access to a TECH TREE SHIP.  Not sure I like the precedent lol.

[ARGSY]
Members
25,691 posts
19,781 battles
1 minute ago, BiggieD61 said:

You have proved that WG are a bunch of heartless curs because you can't get the tier 9 French DD for free.

Not just free, but AT ONCE and without any grinding.

[SLI]
9,550 posts
1 minute ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

The ironic thing about all this is, its paying doubloons for early access to a TECH TREE SHIP.  Not sure I like the precedent lol.

This isn't a new precedent.  This game as done "pay money for early access to new ships" for a very long time.  It makes money.

I did it in the UK CV event.

[CWM]
Members
617 posts
7,285 battles

Once you unlock all four of the token bundles there is a comprehensive list of everything you can get out of the thirty times you spend 1 k doubloons. Spend 1k, an item gets checked off the list. So on and so forth. I got to 21 before the Mogodor showed up. Others may be luckier, others not.  

Sign in to follow this