Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Reef_Splitter

A solution to your problem (Ship Toast)

8 comments in this topic

[KREW]
Members
97 posts
12,314 battles

Good morning everyone.

First let me state: I don't pvp or play random (had to get that out of the way).

I have noticed a few complaints over my warships career but one stands out as common. Folks camping behind islands. I have a simple and humble solution that will cater to your needs and bring absolute defeat to your enemies!

I call it The Drain Plug Policy. If anyone here has ever owned a small pond size boat, they have a small drain plug on the stern. Some of us lucky people have left it out on occasion or just simply lost it. Now what happens you may ask? Well, it lets the water in and submerges your beautiful dingy next to the pier overnight. A cool thing about this little drain plug is that it only lets water in when your boat is stationary or reversing. When your boat is propelled forward, science and stuff allows the water to drain out (neat eh?).

So here is my solution. When ships move forward everything is right as rain, but if you stop, hide or move backwards you start to take flooding damage (minor or course, the drain plugs are tiny things). 

So here is my simple yet effective solution to your problem, and if anyone takes this post seriously: We still love you, but you need some help. :)

Happy motor-boating - Imperial Hammer

Edited by Imperial_Hammer
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 2

[SLI]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,550 posts
15 minutes ago, Imperial_Hammer said:

Good morning everyone.

First let me state: I don't pvp or play random (had to get that out of the way).

I have noticed a few complaints over my warships career but one stands out as common. Folks camping behind islands. I have a simple and humble solution that will cater to your needs and bring absolute defeat to your enemies!

I call it The Drain Plug Policy. If anyone here has ever owned a small pond size boat, they have a small drain plug on the stern. Some of us lucky people have left it out on occasion or just simply lost it. Now what happens you may ask? Well, it lets the water in and submerges your beautiful dingy next to the pier overnight. A cool thing about this little drain plug is that it only lets water in when you boat is stationary or reversing. When you boat is propelled forward, science and stuff allows the water to drain out (neat eh?).

So here is my solution. When ships move forward everything is right as rain, but if you stop, hide or move backwards you start to take flooding damage (minor or course, the drain plugs are tiny things). 

So here is my simple yet effective solution to your problem, and if anyone takes this post seriously: We still love you, but you need some help. :)

Happy motor-boating - Imperial Hammer

I am fairly sure that warships don't have little drain plugs. I did forget one once, luckily it was noticed while still launching and on the trailer. :cap_haloween:

Motivating island campers to move, is one of the CV's designed roles.

• Cool 1

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,634 posts
16,884 battles

If you make people move, they will just move away from each other. We already found this out during the peak of reeeeeeeeeework.

• Cool 1

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,785 posts
11,443 battles

Well, that's thinking outside the box.  I like it.  :cap_like:

There can be a consumable for that.

As long as you are moving, the health is static.  If you stop, the health points start to slowly subtract off your ship's health pool.  If you have a consumable ready, you can activate it for a 1 minute reprieve to prevent flooding, just in case you need to stop for a second, or if you hit an island and stop.

• Cool 1

[MUDDX]
Banned
8,144 posts
24,186 battles

@Imperial_Hammer @Kami Better and simpler solution. Do away with all Islands except for perhaps around the map edges. Yes I advocate all open ocean maps. 

As compensation let all ships make smoke since almost all could any way. BB Prince of Wales used smoke to disengage from Bismarck and Prinz Eugen. No consumable needed, no timer, turn smoke on and smoke is generated until turned off or the ship is sunk.

Smoke from fires should also spread and obscure spotting the same as the other smoke.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this