You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ivan_Namirettov_

WoWS Replay System Rework?

9 comments in this topic

Members
258 posts
14,717 battles

Can we get a replay system that operates like EVERY OTHER GAME WITH A REPLAY SYSTEM? Don't mean to be rude, but I've never played a game in recent years that has such an old-fashioned way of handling replays. If we want to watch them we have to restart the game and watch the entire episode in real time. Whenever a new patch comes all the previous replays break and the files are useless unless they were previously recorded and saved as a video file via a screen-capture program.

How about something like: At the end of a battle in the "Personal Results" screen there's a little button that says "Save Replay". When clicked it gives you the option to save it under a given name. Under the "Your Account" or "Profile" tabs there can be a section for "Replays". Click on that and it gives you a list of all your replays, select the one you want and it loads a video screen with control buttons (ie play, pause etc.). When it's done it closes the video player and returns to the "Replays" tab. The system can automatically save the replay as a video file so that after a new patch drops it doesn't destroy all the previous replays. This also makes sharing replays so much easier. Almost every game I play except for WoWS works similar to this for replays.

Can we please get a modern replay system for our game?

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
25,680 posts
19,754 battles

Can we please FIRST get legacy support enabled so that a replay of a game I played a few nights ago isn't completely useless once the next patch drops?

• Cool 2

Members
258 posts
14,717 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Can we please FIRST get legacy support enabled so that a replay of a game I played a few nights ago isn't completely useless once the next patch drops?

Exactly 

[-K-]
WoWS Community Contributors, WoWS Community Contributors
2,728 posts
13,954 battles

If it makes you guys feel any better, a notable number of the CCs continually ask for this as well (because it would make our lives WAY easier as creators).  No definitive answer yet, but you aren't the only ones interested, believe me.  

• Cool 2

Members
258 posts
14,717 battles
41 minutes ago, SeaRaptor00 said:

If it makes you guys feel any better, a notable number of the CCs continually ask for this as well (because it would make our lives WAY easier as creators).  No definitive answer yet, but you aren't the only ones interested, believe me.  

Good to know thanks. Hope WG listens.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
21,657 battles
5 minutes ago, Ivan_Namirettov said:

Hope WG listens.

Good luck with THAT!

Members
1,154 posts
12,219 battles

Hey pal, I hear you loud and clear and have my vote.  I’m so sick and tired of watching Jingles, Panzerknacker, Business6, LittleWhiteMouse Replays, etc, and continuously hearing “Oh the turret firing in the opposite direction?  Yeah that’s just a replay bug.”  FOUR YEARS LATER!  This stupid idea of having to go into my computer and change settings when 70-80 percent of the public at that point says, “Eff that, I’m touching something that might mess up my computer and/or game.”

It’s just soooooo stupid I tell ya.  My only guess as to why they are holding off is, in their minds, it’s better to wait for some WOT-like graphics update that’s coming down the road, to update the replay system.  I do remember them mentioning the difficulty they have with creating a redesigned replay system.  But for crying out.

[WISCO]
Members
20 posts
5,327 battles

I was trying to watch a replay and after searching a bit and get this...really this game cannot have a decent, not saying good, just a DECENT way to replay a game? bad controls (and no a easy way to figure them) the game just crash for other commands. i hope it can get a fix at least by this year and even that seem to be much to ask.