You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
anonym_jOKtIJlDbNjc

The real problem

44 comments in this topic

Members
80 posts

In any match you go after the one you can kill the easiest (this has ALWAYS been the way to do things in ANY game). 

BB's rule this game simply because of the ease in which DD's and especially Cruisers are taken out. (this is NOT my play account only my forum account)

I have a T8 DD and NEVER in the 100+ battles I have had with her have I ever been 1 shot by ANYONE. Yet in my cruiser(s) I get 1-2 shot on a regular basis due to how easy it is. 

Just last game in my Dallas I had me a BB in next to me (basically front of any fire from the enemy) and a DD in front of him and who do they go for? Ya me and I am 1 shot  even when trying to steer away.

The real issue is we need to make going for BB's something that should be done 1st as they are the big bad azz on the field and yet everyone always leaves them for last because everyone wants XP and killing other players gives XP and trying to kill a BB is hard unless you have 3+ people trying to take them down. 

While in my BB I take 3 torps to the side of my ship it takes roughly 40% of my HP away i heal and turn that into 20% yet I turned my guns on that DD and blew them out of the water with 1 stray bullet (they were at 60% HP). That should NOT happen period. 

We need to find a way for people to WANT to go after BB's 1st period as thay are the most dangerous like giving extra Xp for the 1st and 2nd BB's sunk in any match etc. Or at the very least only let 3 BB's per team per match because BB's were not this large number of ships duking it out in WW2.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 5

Members
618 posts
3,405 battles

Sit down, everyone, and listen. New guy knows what the real problem is, and he will instruct us.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[GGWP]
Privateers
7,649 posts
18,514 battles

I'm impressed that you have never been one shot in a dd. I have great admiration that you have never eaten torps and died instantly. 

• Cool 1

Members
134 posts
2,434 battles

I dont know, I like to farm damage in my CLs to any BBs coming bow tanking, is easy and compelling when the fires start.

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
3,315 posts
26,945 battles
37 minutes ago, Dkangel33 said:

In any match you go after the one you can kill the easiest (this has ALWAYS been the way to do things in ANY game). 

BB's rule this game simply because of the ease in which DD's and especially Cruisers are taken out. (this is NOT my play account only my forum account)

I have a T8 DD and NEVER in the 100+ battles I have had with her have I ever been 1 shot by ANYONE. Yet in my cruiser(s) I get 1-2 shot on a regular basis due to how easy it is. 

Just last game in my Dallas I had me a BB in next to me (basically front of any fire from the enemy) and a DD in front of him and who do they go for? Ya me and I am 1 shot  even when trying to steer away.

The real issue is we need to make going for BB's something that should be done 1st as they are the big bad azz on the field and yet everyone always leaves them for last because everyone wants XP and killing other players gives XP and trying to kill a BB is hard unless you have 3+ people trying to take them down. 

While in my BB I take 3 torps to the side of my ship it takes roughly 40% of my HP away i heal and turn that into 20% yet I turned my guns on that DD and blew them out of the water with 1 stray bullet (they were at 60% HP). That should NOT happen period. 

We need to find a way for people to WANT to go after BB's 1st period as thay are the most dangerous like giving extra Xp for the 1st and 2nd BB's sunk in any match etc. Or at the very least only let 3 BB's per team per match because BB's were not this large number of ships duking it out in WW2.

152 battles under his belt speaks ? ? ?

[EQRN]
Members
2,299 posts
21,445 battles

Oh, young grasshopper...  You know I wish for the days of naïveté and innocence, ignorance truly is bliss.  

Anyhoo OP, you obviously have not had your dose of surprise butt love while driving a BB, I look forward to your “DDs rule this game...” post following your de-cherrying.

[187]
Members
961 posts
17,926 battles

Sorry People but I agree with him. It's like two Men, One with a big gun and the other with a knife. The man with the gun is as close if not closer and is alot bigger of a threat,,but you go after the man behind him with the knife even though you are out of his range. Stupid logic, but unfortunatly people take the easy way out. HP hunting and self over team lose games

[SALVO]
Members
3,711 posts
7,564 battles
25 minutes ago, KURT_WOLFF said:

152 battles under his belt speaks ? ? ?

Well unlike others  at least he isn't hiding his stats.  He just needs to learn the game. 

Members
618 posts
3,405 battles
3 minutes ago, eviltane said:

Well unlike others  at least he isn't hiding his stats.  He just needs to learn the game. 

Oddly, he actually claims to be hiding his stats:

(this is NOT my play account only my forum account)

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
3,711 posts
7,564 battles

1 minute ago, Whiskey_Rebel said:

Oddly, he actually claims to be hiding his stats:

lol ok   ,,,   credit gained and credit lost I guess. 

[A-I-M]
Members
4,093 posts
15,348 battles
1 hour ago, Dkangel33 said:

If you make it NECESSARY, it will become desirable.

Half BB dispersion, double BB sigma, and everybody will HAVE TO go after them first.

Of course, everybody will want someone else to go after them first.

Heehee!  (Chill, everybody!)

Members
1,739 posts
10,757 battles

Uhh dude, I'm pretty sure the real problem is the bourgeois.

[BEA5T]
Members
5,489 posts
25,894 battles
58 minutes ago, Dkangel33 said:

Seriously?  Is this your only account??  If you are new, ahhhhhhhhhh.....how to put this........it's how naval combat evolved over time.  Each class has a form, a fit and a function; and, Cruisers pose a "real risk" because they are fast, deadly and have good weapons to "influence the battlespace..."   DD's are close in systems and dangerous BUT, Cruisers can actually, quickly harm a BB and they eat DD's.... 

So, when I am driving a BB and I see a CL/CA sailing broadside to me 20K away, well, guess whose attention you just found:  mine and I've blown up a few CL/CA's over the years.

In game mechanics ARE NOT BASED ON REAL PHYSICS....  Otherwise, there would be no game to play.   Imagine a 3,200 pound HE round, going well over the speed of sound, hits your DD anywhere......  Have you ever served in the military and been "danger close" to Artillery???  If you haven't, 6" and 8" HE is scarier than crap, physically moves you all over the place and causes vehicles to bounce off the ground or leave the road if they are moving......  Imagine 12, 14, 16 and 18" HE hitting a very small ship......  The over pressure would simply kill everyone exposed and incapacitate those close but under cover; the EMP would trip all electronics off line; and, a DD would be combat ineffective for a short period of time till whomever is left, "gets her going again....."   Is that what you want?  Imagine an AP "pass through"  YUK.  You don't look into knocked out tanks unless you have a "strong constitution..."  There's not much left..........  Reality isn't playable.  SIMs are brutal and un forgiving.  Let's stick with this silly game and have some fun, eh?!

• Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
26,700 posts
32,031 battles

Who is this "we" of which you speak?  

And overall, let's give this a big, big NO!!!

[SALVO]
Members
26,700 posts
32,031 battles
1 minute ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Him and his other account!

Touché, Manny.  Touché.  :Smile_teethhappy:

[187]
Members
1,637 posts
14,869 battles

You put em down when and where you can...if multiple targets appear you take the one which offers the best potential for a good salvo...you especially prioritize in a BB. With specialized secondaries it is nice to just target close ships and take ur time with the big guns considering the reload time....if a cruiser is broadside...that is just begging for it I oblige them...if I am being burnt down by a dd in smoke...I charge the smoke and flush them out if they miss with torps they b ded...DDs are actually my first priority but the battles are dynamic and a player must be also...static play for a BB is death...or any ship IMO...movement is life...and you know what...it still just a game...a great game in my opinion even with all its faults.

Dang bro was that you in this Seattle...sorry..not.

Edited by C_D

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,785 posts
11,434 battles

XP is given based on % of health taken from a ship which makes smaller ships like DDs and cruisers prime targets.  But, players go for them because they are easier to kill, not for the increased XP.   Everyone wants the kill ribbon for their stats.  When shooting long range targets, BBs are the main target, because they are easier to hit due to being a larger target and moving much slower.  BBs are designed to soak up damage, which is why they have the heal.  

BBs can't go dark as easily as DDs and cruisers, so it is important to shoot the smaller ships when opportunity presents itself.  Plus, any time you can take those guns off the board, you do it.  The biggest defense for DDs and cruisers is stealth and maneuverability, but they are much more vulnerable to gunfire if someone does hit them.  BBs just become a burning pile of embers all game and are quite easy to take down when needed, just like every other ship.  They just last longer against long range fire and aren't as prone to being deleted by a single mistake.

• Cool 2

[LARD]
[LARD]
Members
242 posts
18,908 battles
2 minutes ago, Murcc said:

XP is given based on % of health taken from a ship which makes smaller ships like DDs and cruisers prime targets.  But, players go for them because they are easier to kill, not for the increased XP.   Everyone wants the kill ribbon for their stats.  When shooting long range targets, BBs are the main target, because they are easier to hit due to being a larger target and moving much slower.  BBs are designed to soak up damage, which is why they have the heal.  

BBs can't go dark as easily as DDs and cruisers, so it is important to shoot the smaller ships when opportunity presents itself.  Plus, any time you can take those guns off the board, you do it.  The biggest defense for DDs and cruisers is stealth and maneuverability, but they are much more vulnerable to gunfire if someone does hit them.  BBs just become a burning pile of embers all game and are quite easy to take down when needed, just like every other ship.  They just last longer against long range fire and aren't as prone to being deleted by a single mistake.

I would rather take out the cruisers and DD's first, especially the cruisers. They are the jack of all trades, they can kill DD's and cruisers. And then give the BB's a headache. When I am in a battleship, I would like to see the cruisers wipe off the map before firing on a battleship.

[CNO]
Members
6,786 posts
20,382 battles

I play all ships types.  DD, CA/CL, BB, CV and almost all tiers.   I feel comfortable that I can pretty much mess up anyone in anything I decide to take out.  As a BB captain, yes I do indeed one shot CA/CL....it's part of having the big punch.  By the same token, I have a fine and dandy time either burning or torping BBs to oblivion in my CAs and DDs.  

Also, as a BB captain who one shots CA/CLs from time to time, I have a very good understanding of what to do (or not do) when I take my CA/CL into battle.  It helps a LOT to be "in the chair" on both sides of the coin.  So same goes for being a BB captain when surrounded by fire-breathing CAs.  Knowing the CA/CL issues, I know what to do (or not do) when travelling in my BB.

Same goes for DD vs BB and CA/CL, and vice versa.  Same for CVs.

All said, nine times out of ten, it's the captain in the chair.  I would rather have a bottom tier good player (in any ship) on my team than a top tier poor player (in any ship) on my team.  Because good will beat poor no matter the tier and no matter the ship. 

Edited by Soshi_Sone

[WOLFG]
Members
34,394 posts
10,698 battles
2 hours ago, Dkangel33 said:

I don't know what you would have to do incentivise attacking the ship that will take the longest to kill, while having weaker ships chipping away at you the whole time. The smart thing to do is clear the weakest ships first. Cruisers are favored over BBs because they're squishier and have fewer HP, and they're often favored over DDs because they're often easier to kill, (especially for the average or worse player) since DDs are slippery and don't have citadels, and BB AP can only overpen. 

Essentially, you're looking to incentivise wrong play. In general, it's always the smart play to get rid of weaker ships first, as it removes guns, puts points on the board, and gets you one ship closer to killing the enemy team, in a timely fashion.

Only incentive I could think of would be to make cruisers and DDs weaker, so that you can ignore them chipping away at you while you concentrate on the BBs, and that's a non-starter.

I mean, you can throw out all the economic incentives you want, but those who want to perform well and win battles are going to ignore them.

Edited by Skpstr

[WHS]
[WHS]
Members
303 posts
9,754 battles
1 hour ago, GSXstage1 said:

Sorry People but I agree with him. It's like two Men, One with a big gun and the other with a knife. The man with the gun is as close if not closer and is alot bigger of a threat,,but you go after the man behind him with the knife even though you are out of his range. Stupid logic, but unfortunatly people take the easy way out. HP hunting and self over team lose games

Big man with big gun and an ungodly piece of armor that will take you a few full clips to down, and guy with a knife wearing a t-shirt.

Empty your clip into the big man, the little man sprints up to you and shanks you in the gut;

Or shoot the knife dude a couple times in the face and then you can focus on fighting the armored guy.

:cap_hmm:

[D-H-O]
Beta Testers
165 posts
7,445 battles
3 hours ago, Dkangel33 said:

(this is NOT my play account only my forum account)

Why do you have a "forum account". I don't understand how you can't see how this negatively effects your credibility while posting. Why hide?

[PSA]
Members
5,118 posts
3,738 battles

I love how one thread states how strong DDs are, and then another beside it states how strong BBs are. You know the game is balanced when every ship type is hated. Except for cruisers. Those poor poor cruisers.

OP: You have nearly no experience whatsoever in the game, and you're likely facing up against some foes who are MUCH more experienced than you. Basically,  learn to play ... because those enemies you're going up against sure have.

Edited by KaptainKaybe