You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Thanos_Snap_

Why can't we exchange Republic tokens for standard French Destroyer Containers?

13 comments in this topic

[LSNB]
[LSNB]
Members
291 posts
7,369 battles

With the Russian BB early access event, our tokens could buy non-premium containers. But why not this event? Is it because of the seals we can knock off? Yeah some players can get a good bit of them because they have so many ships but that's not a guaranteed source of them for all players.

[BANCV]
Members
20 posts
6,573 battles

Cause WG realized the money they were missing out on, so to save themselves they cut them from this event. Why have 1 types of containers when you can only have one behind a paywall? gotta be smart with this stuff man.

[PVE]
Members
20,171 posts
13,061 battles
19 minutes ago, Thanos_Snap_ said:

With the Russian BB early access event, our tokens could buy non-premium containers. But why not this event? Is it because of the seals we can knock off? Yeah some players can get a good bit of them because they have so many ships but that's not a guaranteed source of them for all players.

Because you will get up to 3 in the Daily Shipments and up to 20 in the Directives, so you can spend your tokens on other stuff.

Members
485 posts
15,274 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

Because you will get up to 3 in the Daily Shipments and up to 20 in the Directives, so you can spend your tokens on other stuff.

This

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
134 posts
2,434 battles

Because wargaming wants you to spend money to win 50k, 1 camo or 1 Flag and 600 coal or 1 premium day or whatever. 

Seriously, why all the containers premium or not aee cheap on flags and camos. 

[BS]
Members
2,001 posts
11,717 battles
27 minutes ago, Ghostar_1 said:

Because wargaming wants you to spend money to win 50k, 1 camo or 1 Flag and 600 coal or 1 premium day or whatever. 

Seriously, why all the containers premium or not aee cheap on flags and camos. 

hey, they're preventing inflation by ripping us off even harder!!!

[ARGSY]
Members
25,533 posts
19,680 battles
2 hours ago, Thanos_Snap_ said:

With the Russian BB early access event, our tokens could buy non-premium containers. But why not this event?

Because the number of tokens you can have in this event is SEVERELY capped by the number of ships you own, and most players will need every token they can get. It's better to spend them on permacamos.

• Boring 1

Members
134 posts
2,434 battles
13 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Because the number of tokens you can have in this event is SEVERELY capped by the number of ships you own, and most players will need every token they can get. It's better to spend them on permacamos.

Let the people choose whatever they want. 

On the other hand, spend tokens in these containers would be nuts. 

As I dont play DDs this entire thing dont really appeals. 

Members
4,559 posts

Earning these tokens seems to be very limited.  Do the tokens earned by winning battles with ships regenerate?  If so, how often?  As for earning these tokens with the French destroyers, how do you purchase those destroyers to earn those tokens?

[DFNT]
Beta Testers
21 posts
1,595 battles
15 minutes ago, Wowzery said:

Earning these tokens seems to be very limited.  Do the tokens earned by winning battles with ships regenerate?  If so, how often?  As for earning these tokens with the French destroyers, how do you purchase those destroyers to earn those tokens?

Tokens for ships is a one and done sort of deal. No resets per day. For destroyers, you open crates and hopefully unlock a personal mission to unlock one of the dds (tier V-IX). Then one of those dds has a mission attached to it if completed you receive 250 tokens. Which I would advise to use on the perma camo assigned to it. 

Side note: I opened a single free french crate and got the Jaguar :cap_hmm:

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

Probably for reasons similar to not allowing us to use them on Premium time the way earlier tokens could be used.

$$$$

Given that I don't care about French DDs, and the permacamos are butt-ugly anyway, I'm probably just going to spend what I get on the bundles and let the rest cash out at the end. 

[DFNT]
Beta Testers
21 posts
1,595 battles
46 minutes ago, Wowzery said:

Se, essentially those with a lower number of high tier ships get shafted.  Nice to know. 

Funny you say that, because I’m taking advantage of low tiers = coal and grinding out what little coal I need for a tier X