Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
henrychenhenry

How will you spend your Republic Tokens?

41 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,295
[NSC]
Members
2,662 posts

Bundles? Or Permanent Camouflages? I am interested in your spending choices for the 0.8.6 event currency.

Personally, I favor the bundles. I don't see the value in Permoflages unless I like the ship. And I won't know if I like the ship unless I try the ship. I probably won't get to try the ships though. I have a lot of +50% xp camos lying around, so this may be a factor as well.

Vote here!

 

Edited by henrychenhenry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,693
[PVE]
Members
20,171 posts
13,061 battles

All the perma-camo and I'll have a few hundred left over, so not sure on what after that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,273
[SLI]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,547 posts

Camos, no question.  They are the only thing of monetary value and I will get the most return out of them.

Everything else I can get by just playing the game, which I am going to do anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,693
[PVE]
Members
20,171 posts
13,061 battles
Just now, henrychenhenry said:

@Kizarvexis @Burnsy I see many choose camo. Why? Can anybody convince me?

You get that camo refreshed for free every game. Also the perma-camo up to T8 has a -10% service cost fee which helps make co-op credit profitable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,273
[SLI]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,547 posts
4 minutes ago, henrychenhenry said:

@Kizarvexis @Burnsy I see many choose camo. Why? Can anybody convince me?

It is permanent value.   If something lasts me one time and something lasts me infinite times, it's really not a question.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,295
[NSC]
Members
2,662 posts
2 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

You get that camo refreshed for free every game. Also the perma-camo up to T8 has a -10% service cost fee which helps make co-op credit profitable.

I see. I don't care about credits that much nowadays. I guess you expect to regularly use Le Fantasque?

Just now, Burnsy said:

It is permanent value.   If something lasts me one time and something lasts me infinite times, it's really not a question.

OK, makes sense.

Edited by henrychenhenry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,693
[PVE]
Members
20,171 posts
13,061 battles
6 minutes ago, henrychenhenry said:

I see. I don't care about credits that much nowadays. I guess you expect to regularly use Le Fantasque?

OK, makes sense.

I'm grinding all the lines to T10, so I will spend a lot of time in the DDs in co-op.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,252
[KWF]
Members
6,710 posts
7,321 battles

Hopefully will spend the tokens on the Fantasque camouflage. It's the only tier where you will be spending a reasonable amount of time anyway, might as well have a camo to save on the single use ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,295
[NSC]
Members
2,662 posts
4 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Hopefully will spend the tokens on the Fantasque camouflage. It's the only tier where you will be spending a reasonable amount of time anyway, might as well have a camo to save on the single use ones.

Bundles for the rest? Maybe I'll try this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,995
[DJL]
Members
3,354 posts
19,244 battles

Nothing exciting about these French missions or tokens. I'm not interested in the DDs, camos I don't need.  Yawn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,252
[KWF]
Members
6,710 posts
7,321 battles
1 minute ago, henrychenhenry said:

Bundles for the rest? Maybe I'll try this.

Yeah you can give bundles a try if you got tokens to spare, the payout couldn't be bad and there is no cost involved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,351
[EQRN]
Members
2,301 posts
21,469 battles

I’m doing the bundles.  Don’t get me wrong, I do like perma camos a lot.  But I prefer them for keeper ships, and I don’t know if the T5-8 FR DDs are keepers.  

Also keep in mind the xmas camos, there is an event for 5 T6 ships, including a perma camo.  The ships in question usually include those who had a line released that year.  In other words, there is a high likelihood that a perma camo for the T6 DD will be available around then.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,295
[NSC]
Members
2,662 posts
4 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

Also keep in mind the xmas camos, there is an event for 5 T6 ships, including a perma camo.

I totally forgot. +1 for bringing this up.  To all: If you don't mind the wait, don't get the T6 perma camo. It will show up for Christmas grinding sooner or later.

4 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

I prefer [perma camos] for keeper ships, and I don’t know if the T5-8 FR DDs are keepers.  

This is my logic as well.

Edited by henrychenhenry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,544
[PSA]
Members
5,118 posts
3,738 battles

Bundles. I'd rather have credits and coal than permanent camos for tech tree ships I'll dump once I'm done grinding through them. Had they offered a permanent camo for Kleber, then maybe. But lower tier tech tree ships? Nah.

Hell, I have a ton of much better camos as is. I don't really feel the regular +50% XP camo is worth anything and I wouldn't purchase it unless it came for free with a premium ship. And even there, I typically use any other camo, lol.

The only perma camos worth buying are the tier 9 and 10 ones as their bonuses are good, especially the tier 10 one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,763
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

The permacamos are ugly, I have no interest in the DDs, so I guess either bundles if I get enough or let them cash out at the end.  *shrug*

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
832
[WOLF9]
Members
4,679 posts
4 minutes ago, KaptainKaybe said:

Bundles. I'd rather have credits and coal than permanent camos for tech tree ships I'll dump once I'm done grinding through them. Had they offered a permanent camo for Kleber, then maybe. But lower tier tech tree ships? Nah.

Hell, I have a ton of much better camos as is. I don't really feel the regular +50% XP camo is worth anything and I wouldn't purchase it unless it came for free with a premium ship. And even there, I typically use any other camo, lol.

The only perma camos worth buying are the tier 9 and 10 ones as their bonuses are good, especially the tier 10 one. 

  Agreed.   I have camos coming out of my ears already- with better bonuses than the mid tier permas have.   And, like others have mentioned,  I don't own any of the ships, and have no idea if I will like or want to keep playing them.

OTOH, I have a BIG backlog of researched ships to be bought and fitted out, as well as 2 tier 9 grinds going on.   More credits are always welcome!   And, having just bought Georgia for coal, my reserves are sadly depleted- it's a long, long way to 228k for Jean Bart, and every opportunity helps!

  Thus, I'll mostly be spending mine on bundles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,098
[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
8,068 battles

There's nothing of value to buy. I hate my Le Terrible and therefore have zero interest in the camouflages. I'll allow the currency to be converted into credits, because everything else has no appeal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8
[PACNW]
Members
35 posts
2,751 battles

Answer, there is nothing to spend tokens on because there will not be enough tokens.
The cheapest item available is 200 tokens. All of my ships combined only add up to 85tokens. 

This is a mission only for people who are choose to spend money or are lucky enough to get the ships in containers.

Edited by GaussDeath

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,153
[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,182 battles

t8 camo, then t7 camo followed by  bundles.    I do grind all lines, so t7 and 8 makes sense,    t5/6 is pretty short grind without camo so no biggy and i have lot of camos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×