You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Botcha

ARP Ships and their "cammo"

28 comments in this topic

Members
248 posts
12,784 battles

Dear War Gaming, 

I'm just wondering why you never gave the ARP ships any cammo bonuses? I mean I get it we can't change the looks or add a different cammos to them but at least consider giving them the basic -3% detection and the +4% to enemy fire dispersion. I'm fine with not giving them any XP, Credit Bonus, Free XP bonus or Commander Bonuses, just the basic stuff would be nice.  

• Cool 7

[KAPPA]
Members
1,603 posts
8,960 battles

If I had to guess, I'd bet it has something to do with some contractual obligation to only adjust the ships for the purposes of balance once the co-op event ended. I suppose you could make the argument that the addition of camo to the game since their introduction qualifies as a balance change (and I'd personally agree), we don't know what the terms of that co-op contract were, so who knows. 

[ASHIP]
Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

Because they were meant to be event themed reward ships, with no special bonuses besides the cosmetic value of them. And you got free commanders from the events, the last wave of which issued 10-point commanders and a free ARP Takao, a free Atago minus premium benefits. The collaboration is over 3 years old, so I seriously doubt any bonus or frankly any changes will be made to their current iteration.

[V1-PI]
Members
459 posts
10,719 battles

this would be nice as every ship since you have been able to add cammo even if the ship looks the same. 

[MUDDX]
Banned
8,144 posts
23,987 battles

They get the bonuses they are suppose to get. They need nothing else!

[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,472 posts
10 minutes ago, rutilius83 said:

this would be nice as every ship since you have been able to add cammo even if the ship looks the same. 

Yeah ARP ships are currently not able to use any other camo patterns it's either on or off. Which is sad . I'd rather have the option of outfitting them with regular camos even if they are special ships.  But then again their collaboration was over a couple of years ago. So probably not gonna happen anytime soon if at all.

Edited by Versili

[V1-PI]
Members
459 posts
10,719 battles

as the opening post said, just give them the 3%,4% that most any cammo gives ( because the colors and patterens blind the fire director lol ) 

and no i don't think WG will do anything even if it is only 1/2 line of code. copy and pasted at that. 

[NSC]
Members
2,662 posts

Once upon a time you couldn't even sell ARP ships! Their port slots weren't "real" port slots, they could only hold the ARP ships. Also, the event gave a lot of free port slots. I appreciate the changes that have happened.

• Boring 1

[SLI]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,544 posts
9 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Shame the special skins weren't done as free premium camos.

Oh well.

That would have been giving a whole lot of people, basically free Atagos etc.

I have all of them and...they are not the greatest but they come in handy in events like this.

[CHASE]
[CHASE]
Beta Testers
405 posts
12,154 battles

Just have the -3% concealment buff and +4% dispersion buff baked in the ship, and increase ships' repair cost by 25,000. there, it'll be the same as us actually paying for the camo every game. Is that good enough for WG and people who thinks that giving ARP ships camo is same as "buffing" them?

[SLI]
9,544 posts
29 minutes ago, axyarthur said:

Just have the -3% concealment buff and +4% dispersion buff baked in the ship, and increase ships' repair cost by 25,000. there, it'll be the same as us actually paying for the camo every game. Is that good enough for WG and people who thinks that giving ARP ships camo is same as "buffing" them?

I am sure noone would care.

WG isn't going to do it though.  The collab ended years ago.  They are what they are this point.

[CUTE]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,048 posts
11,524 battles

WG might not be able to touch the ships now that the contract is over with. 

[WOLFG]
Members
34,394 posts
10,698 battles
1 hour ago, Burnsy said:

That would have been giving a whole lot of people, basically free Atagos etc.

I have all of them and...they are not the greatest but they come in handy in events like this.

I just kept one Kongo and one Myoko. Sold the rest, and the actual Kongo, and will sell original Myoko once I unlock Mogami.

Not to mention every IJN ship I've bought since then has started with a 10-point captain.

[SLI]
9,544 posts
12 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

I just kept one Kongo and one Myoko. Sold the rest, and the actual Kongo, and will sell original Myoko once I unlock Mogami.

Not to mention every IJN ship I've bought since then has started with a 10-point captain.

I wouldn't sell the ARP ships.  You can never get them back.  Who knows what they will be useful for in the future.

Members
248 posts
12,784 battles
54 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

I wouldn't sell the ARP ships.  You can never get them back.  Who knows what they will be useful for in the future.

I use them for these knock off events and or grinding a IJN commander up. 

[WOLFG]
Members
34,394 posts
10,698 battles
14 hours ago, Burnsy said:

I understand that, but I needed the credits at the time, and I'm not worried about missing out on something.

[ARGSY]
Members
25,540 posts
19,684 battles

I kick myself for not having started to play WOWS a lot earlier; I wish I had some of these.

That being said, aren't the Southern Dragon and Eastern Dragon basically the same thing (Myoko clones) but owned by Wargaming? I know they had an Eastern Dragon/Atlanta double-bill sale last year, and I wish now I'd picked it up and used the Atlanta's duplicate doubloons for something. I've come to like the Myoko, and a premium version of her would not go astray.

Since they had to call them that, it makes me wonder if the ARP licence extended not only to the camos, but also to using ANY other sister-ship names moving forwards. Note that we don't have a Nachi, only an ARP Nachi. Could this be the reason we also do not have any one or more of vanilla Hiei, Haruna and Kirishima in the game?

[SLI]
9,544 posts
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I kick myself for not having started to play WOWS a lot earlier; I wish I had some of these.

That being said, aren't the Southern Dragon and Eastern Dragon basically the same thing (Myoko clones) but owned by Wargaming? I know they had an Eastern Dragon/Atlanta double-bill sale last year, and I wish now I'd picked it up and used the Atlanta's duplicate doubloons for something. I've come to like the Myoko, and a premium version of her would not go astray.

Since they had to call them that, it makes me wonder if the ARP licence extended not only to the camos, but also to using ANY other sister-ship names moving forwards. Note that we don't have a Nachi, only an ARP Nachi. Could this be the reason we also do not have any one or more of vanilla Hiei, Haruna and Kirishima in the game?

I don't know but I took a break and am missing the Dragon ships :(.  I think they look cool and I wish I had them.

[LOU1]
Members
4,271 posts
13,110 battles
On 7/25/2019 at 5:02 PM, Burnsy said:

Snowflakes and French symbols are two recent uses - and they count as Premium ships.  Personally, I also use them to store consumables and modules that I buy when they are on sale.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
25,540 posts
19,684 battles
6 hours ago, ExploratorOne said:

Snowflakes and French symbols are two recent uses - and they count as Premium ships.  Personally, I also use them to store consumables and modules that I buy when they are on sale.

I assume with regard to the modules that you are willing to pay doubloons to remount? Free remounts are rare as rocking horse dung.

[WOLFG]
Members
793 posts
15,743 battles

Personally, don't think the ARP Takao needs any camo detection bonus like other camos give because the detection range is only 9.6km with proper mods and skills.  As for the enemy fire dispersion, I'd be okay with that.

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,785 posts
11,434 battles

The contract is up on these ARP ships for WG.  They still exist because players have them.  I have no problem playing them as is, but they really should have the ability to mount regular camos like every other ship in the game.  Even premium ships can mount regular camos, besides the one that come on them.  I know WG doesn't want to give out new free "real" premiums or premium camos, so just make the ARP camos a basic -3%, -4% camo with no economic bonus so they can be equal to every other Myoko or Atago they come up against in the game.  Or, allow users to mount regular camos on the hulls.  The ships look like regular Myokos and Atagos to other users anyway.

[LOU1]
Members
4,271 posts
13,110 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I assume with regard to the modules that you are willing to pay doubloons to remount? Free remounts are rare as rocking horse dung.

I value 1,000,000 credits more than 25 Doubloons.

[KAPPA]
Members
1,603 posts
8,960 battles
On 7/26/2019 at 6:58 AM, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Hard to say on the names. As I said in my reply, we don't know what all was in the contract, so we can only speculate. I'm pretty sure there was talk of something about only being able to make balance changes to them, but I'm not sure just how true that is. Several of them have had model updates that matched changes to the models of the base ship (sometimes with interesting results). 

Interesting results v

Spoiler

Case and point, ARP Takao as originally received.

shot-17_04.19_09_02.58-0125.thumb.jpg.57d2147c9583eaaabf3f2234acb7c2e6.jpg

shot-17_04.19_09_03.14-0286.thumb.jpg.eceeef17295954ffcffc9729730b89ad.jpg

And ARP Takao as she is after a patch updated Atago's model and hers as well. Somehow, somebody pasted the Imperial crest on her bow in the process.

shot-17_11.29_08_43.35-0400.thumb.jpg.5aaa7709dec9ecbb8086ccf98ed2f39a.jpg

shot-17_11.29_08_44.47-0569.thumb.jpg.fe72fb3105a65669cd55ea87d8736cdd.jpg

I've actually tried sending in these pics in a bug report, as the 'mum' crest really isn't supposed to be there, but to no avail. She's the only one of the ARP ships to have this modeling error.

My best guess on the 'camo' is that WG considers them 'frozen' in the state that they were when introduced, which was pre-camo for anything. (Sometimes I miss those simpler times.)