You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
GSXstage1

French Containers

29 comments in this topic

[187]
Members
961 posts
17,928 battles

Got home last night, Started up the game and bought over $30.00 worth of French Containers. Of course I got some flags, a couple days of Premium and some tokens. Not one French DD Campaign. Was looking forward to playong the new class of ships etc. Thanks Wargaming. Joke is on me. I can't buy alot of things, sorry, i'm not one of the lucky ones.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3

[SLI]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,547 posts
3 minutes ago, GSXstage1 said:

Got home last night, Started up the game and bought over $30.00 worth of French Containers. Of course I got some flags, a couple days of Premium and some tokens. Not one French DD Campaign. Was looking forward to playong the new class of ships etc. Thanks Wargaming. Joke is on me. I can't buy alot of things, sorry, i'm not one of the lucky ones.

Never buy these ship drop containers with the intention of getting the "big" prize.  Only buy them, if you will be happy with the guaranteed extras.  This holds true of every event.

• Cool 5

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,473 posts
14,971 battles
29 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Never buy these ship drop containers with the intention of getting the "big" prize.  Only buy them, if you will be happy with the guaranteed extras.  This holds true of every event.

^ This a million times over, getting the big prize is a bonus that should never be planned on.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
13,256 posts
18,835 battles
33 minutes ago, GSXstage1 said:

Ouch. Dark side of loot crates.

[PVE]
Members
20,171 posts
13,061 battles
31 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Just now, BrushWolf said:

^ This a million times over, getting the big prize is a bonus that should never be planned on.

Yep. If you were not happy about only getting draconic flags and the event one-use camos, then buying the French DD containers is asking for disappointment if you are unlucky.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,473 posts
14,971 battles
7 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Yep. If you were not happy about only getting draconic flags and the event one-use camos, then buying the French DD containers is asking for disappointment if you are unlucky.

Ironically just after posting that I went to buy my usual five crates but inflation has brought that up to seven. I was more than happy with what I got and then I got the Jaguar in number seven.

[PVE]
Members
20,171 posts
13,061 battles
2 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Ironically just after posting that I went to buy my usual five crates but inflation has brought that up to seven. I was more than happy with what I got and then I got the Jaguar in number seven.

I got Jaguar out of a 14 crate buy, but was happy with the camo, draconic flags, 900 dubs and 4 days of WoWs time.

Members
1,380 posts

One crate and got the T5 but......10000 BASE XP before I really get a FRENCH Destroyer!!!! 

No Russian Bias so why does anybody want one?    

[SLI]
9,547 posts
18 minutes ago, Toxic_Potato said:

One crate and got the T5 but......10000 BASE XP before I really get a FRENCH Destroyer!!!! 

Why does anybody want any ship?

[DVYJC]
Members
4,511 posts
12,307 battles

I got fortunate and got Jaguar in one of the two French DD containers I got from the PT rewards. I'm not 100% sure how to play it. I played it kind of like Emile Bertin and it was pretty OK.

Members
942 posts
1,352 battles

I went straight info buying Siroco, no gamble at all. For less than the 30€ you spent un container a there is Terrible alzó.

[SLI]
9,547 posts
1 minute ago, Patosentado said:

I went straight info buying Siroco, no gamble at all. For less than the 30€ you spent un container a there is Terrible alzó.

You get one for completing the directive, for free.  But you will probably get your dubs back if you earn it for free in the game now.

[EQRN]
Members
2,301 posts
21,469 battles
3 hours ago, GSXstage1 said:

Sorry it didn’t work out.  You mention you got some tokens, do you mean the Republic tokens?  I thought Fr containers didn’t drop those?  That would make the containers a tad more digestible were it me as I definitely won’t have enough for the 4 bundles, much less camos.

[PVE]
Members
20,171 posts
13,061 battles
2 hours ago, Toxic_Potato said:

10k, 12k, 14k and 16k base XP for the T5-T8 early unlocks has been standard when there is a mission drop. That hasn't changed. 

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts
3 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

10k, 12k, 14k and 16k base XP for the T5-T8 early unlocks has been standard when there is a mission drop. That hasn't changed. 

There ya go again ... always using logic ... and (gasp) facts! :Smile_veryhappy::Smile_honoring:

Members
1,380 posts
5 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

The only thing I could complain about when gifted a free ship with only one box bought.....The extreme peer pressure got me...

[SLI]
9,547 posts

Welp, all done knocking snowflakes off 154 ships (the ones that had one at least).  Ended up with 910 tokens, so enough for the T7 and T8 premium camos.  Got lucky and got the T6 out of a standard container, so once it's grind is done it will pay for it's own camo.

Will just be missing the T5 camo unless it decides to drop for me as well.  Not a bad haul for free.

[PENND]
Members
358 posts
8,224 battles

I bought the 42 create pack and got the first 3 DDs. Bought another 42 pack (yes I know I need to stop putting money into this game) and didn't get a mission for Le Fantasque.

• Cool 1

[SLI]
9,547 posts
1 minute ago, SYST3M_OVERIDE said:

I bought the 42 create pack and got the first 3 DDs. Bought another 42 pack (yes I know I need to stop putting money into this game) and didn't get a mission for Le Fantasque.

Holy cow.

• Cool 1

Members
301 posts
3,474 battles
2 minutes ago, SYST3M_OVERIDE said:

And THIS is why WG continues this sham

• Cool 2

[EQRN]
Members
2,301 posts
21,469 battles
3 minutes ago, firemedic1428 said:

What sham?  Sounds like he knew what he was getting by virtue of the fact he bought a second pack.

Just because WG creates transactions that you want no part of does not give you, nor anyone else, the right to dictate how businesses do their business nor how people can spend their money.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[PVE]
Members
20,171 posts
13,061 battles

8 minutes ago, firemedic1428 said:
10 minutes ago, SYST3M_OVERIDE said:

1 minute ago, FrodoFraggin said:

What sham?  Sounds like he knew what he was getting by virtue of the fact he bought a second pack.

Just because WG creates transactions that you want no part of does not give you, nor anyone else, the right to dictate how businesses do their business nor how people can spend their money.

This^^^

Diamonds from the ground are ridiculously expensive IMO, but people still buy them. Same for super expensive wine, high end audio equipment (the stuff in the thousands of $ per component), etc. Why should you have control over how he spends his money?

Now personally, I thought the British CV early access was the absolute best way to do the early releases as you could get the lower ones through a grind that was not that hard and spend money if you wanted the higher ones. I wish WG would go back to that format, but I can understand why they might not. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[HINON]
Members
3,318 posts
29,835 battles

lol That's how I felt this morning. I'd promise myself I'd buy some RW crates to get the last tokens I needed for Benham. I got the 7 crate bundle, $21.00. Of those 7 crates,  5 contained 1 million credits and 5 camos in addition to the 15 tokens. WooooW what a great value! Of all the items that one can get from a crate, credits is the most worthless to me. WG seriously, stop putting credits in your premium crates. I know it's a rip off, you know it's a rip off, I know that you know it's a rip off, you know that we know it's a rip off...