You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
HaierYun

Mid-tier German DD's Hydro-search Nerf???

7 comments in this topic

[-POI-]
Members
3 posts
6,868 battles

Wow!   What happened to the Gaede's Hydroacoustic-search range? 

I thought it was 6km detection of ships... or maybe it used to be... and now it is weirdly 4km! Shouldn't it be 6km at tier 6?

Members
1,731 posts
11,839 battles

I dont recall the Gaede ever having 6km ship detection  hydro range.  I know it didn't when i went up the line a long time ago.  The german DD hydro range doesn't start to become decent imo until tier 8.

[CYNIC]
[CYNIC]
Members
9,236 posts
12,665 battles
12 minutes ago, HaierYun said:

Wow!   What happened to the Gaede's Hydroacoustic-search range? 

I thought it was 6km detection of ships... or maybe it used to be... and now it is weirdly 4km! Shouldn't it be 6km at tier 6?

Please trust me when I tell you that no DD at T6 has 6Km hydro, and to the best of my recollection, none ever has.

[--V--]
Members
1,583 posts
14,612 battles

I thought her Hydro was 4.5km or 5km for ships.  Certainly not 6km.  That would be cool though.

[CHASE]
[CHASE]
Beta Testers
405 posts
12,154 battles

German dds never had the special German hydro until T10. It used to scaled up each tier starting at T6 at around 3.8-3.9 and increasing gradually until 5.9 km at T10. Now, they unified the hydro ranges so that only 3 possible values are possible. T6 and T7 get the normal low tier hydro with 3km torp detection and 4km ship detection. T8 and T9 get the normal high tier hydro with 3.5km torp detection and 5km ship detection. T10 get the high tier german hydro with 4km torp detection and 6km ship detection.

FYI, Hydro ranges in general:

Normal cruisers: Low tier (4-7): 3km / 4km, High tier(8-10): 3.5km / 5km

German cruisers: Low tier(4-7): 3.75km / 5.5km, High tier(8-10): 4km / 6km

British DDs (6-10) 3km / 3km

German DDs and BBs use normal hydro ranges until T10 (T9 for BBs).

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
32,145 posts
26,918 battles

6km Hydro for mid tier German DDs never happened.  I remember specifically when WG was about to push the Hydro range changes live, I was comparing it with Lo Yang's Hydro and Z-52 was the only one that would give Lo Yang users concern.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway