Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
tm63au

midweek fun NOT

15 comments in this topic

[UNHLY]
Members
3,499 posts
26,663 battles

Just played 5 games 5 straight losses

Game 1 tier 4/5

Time game lasted 11.02 / my time lasted 9.35, score enemy fleet 2 ships sunk, my  team 11 ships sunk.

Game 2 tier 5 - 7

Time game lasted 13.52 / my time lasted 11.19, score enemy fleet ships sunk 6, my fleet ships sunk 9.

Game 3 tier 4/5

Time game lasted 10.54 / my time lasted 7.45 , score enemy fleet ships sunk 4, my fleet ships sunk 12.

game 4 tier  4/5

Game time  lasted 14.16 / my time lasted 9.37 , score enemy fleet ships sunk 9, my fleet ships sunk 12

game 5 tier 5 - 7

Game lasted 6.17 / my time lasted 6.17 , score enemy fleet ships sunk 1, my fleet ships sunk 7, the only game I managed to stay afloat because it ended when we hit the zero point mark.

All these games were either massacres from the start or our team just disintegrated at a stage where we had I slight hope of winning.

And WG were going to bring a new system that would give players upgrades to there ships for some players that ground through them again and not to others that didn't.

How was that going to make a even playing field when the current game is all but a failure balance wise.

The MM is so unbalanced right now I am starting to think of going Coop on a more permanent basis I don't want to I like a challenge, I don't have a problem losing games but this is getting ridiculous and its the mid week.

I possible would not have minded it so much but after the nightmare grind of Benham then straight into the French event, I thought starting in low to mid tiers would be a little easier that was a mistake.

Basically WG your Match Maker algorithm sucks and yes I can honestly I am not a top player and it makes you look even worse when you have one sided matches.

regards        

• Boring 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
5,208 posts
20,505 battles
30 minutes ago, tm63au said:

I thought starting in low to mid tiers would be a little easier that was a mistake

Remember, in the lower to mid tiers you are entering tiers where people are for the most part moving up the ladder and learning. Which is great! I hear what your saying though. I've went to mid tier before and be paired up with teams that may have just moved from the lower tiers to mid. Still learning, so you are forced to carry more. If your team dies quick either the mercy rule kicks in or, your one of the last targets for the red fleet to focus on. Not many places to hide in focused, cross, or even triangulated fire.

Members
1,969 posts

The MM works just fine IMHO. There's no accounting for bad luck or fried potatoes. Be prepared to lose 50% of your games; it's perfectly normal.

I doubt you'd complain when you win 5 in a row? Gotta take the good with the bad. It doesn't mean the game is broken.

• Cool 2

[UNHLY]
Members
3,499 posts
26,663 battles
3 minutes ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

The MM works just fine IMHO. There's no accounting for bad luck or fried potatoes. Be prepared to lose 50% of your games; it's perfectly normal.

I doubt you'd complain when you win 5 in a row? Gotta take the good with the bad. It doesn't mean the game is broken.

Actually winning that way is just as bad, sure winning is fine but not massacres we don't want people to leave I have been here awhile and I know you cant get the games MM 100% perfect but these sought of games are not my first batch ever.

I'm not some elitist far from it.   

[BUOY]
Members
1,491 posts
17,533 battles
39 minutes ago, tm63au said:

Actually winning that way is just as bad, sure winning is fine but not massacres we don't want people to leave I have been here awhile and I know you cant get the games MM 100% perfect but these sought of games are not my first batch ever.

I'm not some elitist far from it.   

Yeah, 12-5 curbstomps where the top player on the winning team has like 1200 bxp are just not fun.

Members
99 posts
10 hours ago, tm63au said:

Just played 5 games 5 straight losses

Game 1 tier 4/5

Time game lasted 11.02 / my time lasted 9.35, score enemy fleet 2 ships sunk, my  team 11 ships sunk.

Game 2 tier 5 - 7

Time game lasted 13.52 / my time lasted 11.19, score enemy fleet ships sunk 6, my fleet ships sunk 9.

Game 3 tier 4/5

Time game lasted 10.54 / my time lasted 7.45 , score enemy fleet ships sunk 4, my fleet ships sunk 12.

game 4 tier  4/5

Game time  lasted 14.16 / my time lasted 9.37 , score enemy fleet ships sunk 9, my fleet ships sunk 12

game 5 tier 5 - 7

Game lasted 6.17 / my time lasted 6.17 , score enemy fleet ships sunk 1, my fleet ships sunk 7, the only game I managed to stay afloat because it ended when we hit the zero point mark.

All these games were either massacres from the start or our team just disintegrated at a stage where we had I slight hope of winning.

And WG were going to bring a new system that would give players upgrades to there ships for some players that ground through them again and not to others that didn't.

How was that going to make a even playing field when the current game is all but a failure balance wise.

The MM is so unbalanced right now I am starting to think of going Coop on a more permanent basis I don't want to I like a challenge, I don't have a problem losing games but this is getting ridiculous and its the mid week.

I possible would not have minded it so much but after the nightmare grind of Benham then straight into the French event, I thought starting in low to mid tiers would be a little easier that was a mistake.

Basically WG your Match Maker algorithm sucks and yes I can honestly I am not a top player and it makes you look even worse when you have one sided matches.

regards        

I had a very similar weekend run, being on the losing side 10/13, with 9 of the 10 ridiculously one-sided.  Statistically, it just didn't make sense to me

Members
99 posts
10 hours ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

After the bad weekend (see above post), I was really pissed as I reviewed my W/L ratio and % survivability in random games, which I've only been playing for 2 weeks But  on a hunch I checked out a number of senior players' stats  (5,000 games +), and to my surprise found their stats stats hovering in the 40-50% range.  I then chatted w the friend who introduced me to the game, and he said much the same.  My ego doesn't hurt so much now :Smile_smile:

[BNKR]
Members
1,654 posts
2,819 battles
10 hours ago, lloyd1701 said:

Yeah, 12-5 curbstomps where the top player on the winning team has like 1200 bxp are just not fun.

That's usually indicative of pretty balanced matchmaking. 

Beta Testers
1,662 posts
10,841 battles
12 hours ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Remember, in the lower to mid tiers you are entering tiers where people are for the most part moving up the ladder and learning. Which is great! I hear what your saying though. I've went to mid tier before and be paired up with teams that may have just moved from the lower tiers to mid. Still learning, so you are forced to carry more. If your team dies quick either the mercy rule kicks in or, your one of the last targets for the red fleet to focus on. Not many places to hide in focused, cross, or even triangulated fire.

Honestly, not so much anymore.  In the beginning, low tiers were mostly new players, but after a few years, a lot of experienced players are in low/mid tier games.

Before you mutter "sealclubbers", not always.  There are a lot of reasons that explain why.

Starting a new line/revisiting a line you've ignored for a while.

Not enjoying the top tier meta and/or enjoying the types of matches at lower teirs (they tend to be more entertaining, and I find that the variety of ships is just more fun).

they may just have a favourite ship that is low tier.  I won't lie.  I love my Kuma, and I play 2-3 games a day in it.  Plus, I'm curious just how high a WR I can get in it.  It used to be minekaze, but that poor ship got nerfed too hard.

You can tell it's a more mixed group of players at low tiers now than it was by the ships you see, like GC and other premiums, or by clan tags, etc.

But mid tiers do have a lot of experienced people, with maxed out captains.  But, at any tier, a few decent, much less really good, players that manage to work together can really nuke other teams.

Imo - wipe-outs occur because one team has too many overly agressive players, who basically yolo and die fast, causing an imbalance, or you have too many cautious/slow players, who don't commit and basically leave the team short handed for too long.  A specific thing I see too much of is slower big gun ships taking teh long way around teh map to engage, pausing at caps that are already capped and threat free.  Having 4 BB's too far away or behind an island for half the match is a terrible idea.

[H_]
Members
809 posts
13,725 battles
22 minutes ago, Nukelavee45 said:

But mid tiers do have a lot of experienced people, with maxed out captains

And low tiers.. 19pt captains in all their ships.. hard to compete when you have someone in the same ship with a 6 or 8 pt capt.. a yet to be fully upgraded version of the ship, zip for flags, maybe some camo.. 

Played a T8 match the other night, mostly 9's and 10's with a couple of 8's thrown in..  Terrible match - brutal curb stomp, our team never even got in a cap to contest.   i was in a Bismark, came around the corner and poof.. 2 Montana's and a couple of cruisers standing off just behind the zone.  not to mention being detected by the RED DD in the zone.  Run away? yeah.. tried that at first, was outgunned, out ranged, less RNG by the RED team and was taking a beating trying to evade and just decided to try and get in zone and close to see what damage i could do.. zip.. dead to focus in seconds. 

More and more games i've played at ALL Tiers in Randoms are curb stomps either way.. Very very few have been close matches.  I'm no great shakes but i do ok.. getting old jumping into a random games and getting stomped.. just as boring when you are on the team doing the stomping.. 

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
5,208 posts
20,505 battles
59 minutes ago, Nukelavee45 said:

Before you mutter "sealclubbers",

I admit, there are times when I want to play DD without the worry of radar. I'll hop into my Clemson and play a few games.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,662 posts
10,841 battles
3 hours ago, S16_Hunter said:

And low tiers.. 19pt captains in all their ships.. hard to compete when you have someone in the same ship with a 6 or 8 pt capt.. a yet to be fully upgraded version of the ship, zip for flags, maybe some camo.. 

The thing is, like I said, this game and community are old enough that experienced players can be found in numbers at any tier... and on both teams.  I was in CBT, I have 8 tier tens, at least that many 19 point capts, so, yeah, experienced.  But I still play ships with captains with 12 or fewer points, and only a couple ships carry full signals.  That is, many ships I play aren't set up any better than a newer player at mid tiers should have.

I don't want to say you should naturally have camo and signals and a trained captain and all your upgrades before you play a ship of a given tier, but - you should expect you will be at a disadvantage if you don't have some of that stuff.  On the other hand, a decent player isn't helpless without those things; moving up the tiers too fast is more an issue than being less than optimally equipped. In my opinion.

3 hours ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

I admit, there are times when I want to play DD without the worry of radar. I'll hop into my Clemson and play a few games.

Yup.  I just love Kuma.  for the tiers it sees, she's quick, nimble,has decent guns and great torps.  Fragile, though.  And I love the sounds of her guns.  Sometimes, I can play teh terminator theme with them.  It makes me happy to play her.  Believe it or not, I do try to minimize my clubbing potential playing Kuma.  I take on t5 BB's, I try to support other players to get their kills.  I'll let others finish targets, I give advice to people on both sides during the match, without ordering them.  I also get dev struck a ton by BB's.

Where I think I do unbalance those matches is simply situational awareness and judging a games flow - I create a fair number of wins by being aware of the counter and timer, knowing when to starve the reds of points, taking caps at the right time, knowing when to run and hide.  Also - I don't underestimate newbs.  Some people are naturals, some are fast learners; I've seen players I know are good, and experienced, lose because they were too cocky.  Kamikazi drivers seem to surrer that, for some reason.

• Cool 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
5,208 posts
20,505 battles
11 minutes ago, Nukelavee45 said:

Believe it or not, I do try to minimize my clubbing potential playing Kuma.  I take on t5 BB's, I try to support other players to get their kills.  I'll let others finish targets, I give advice to people on both sides during the match, without ordering them

That's awesome! Yeah, just helping the community by paying forward is great! Never know, can make good friends giving good karma in game. We have actually gained some terrific members in our group reaching out like that. Even some that chose not to join, I've added to my contacts and division with. Sometimes just i.m. back and forth if not in battle.

16 minutes ago, Nukelavee45 said:

And I love the sounds of her guns.  Sometimes, I can play teh terminator theme with them

:cap_cool:

[GOB]
Members
3,029 posts

I am not sure which days are best or worst but I do know that I played OPs last weekend and maybe go 2 five stars.  Played Today and 5 stars  got 5 out 6 games in a row.  Weekends seem to be when the mouthy ones come out more as well.  Thing is I never take into account the time zones on the NA server but it seems mornings PST are best for me.

Sign in to follow this