You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
kgh52

Raptor Rescue, how is it going?

43 comments in this topic

[TDRB]
Members
5,394 posts
13,743 battles

The 2 RR's I ran today were like pre-8.0, losses because the Raptor was left to defend itself instead of being protected.

[ARGSY]
Members
25,540 posts
19,684 battles

My guess is that people who never did it before, because they didn't have T6 ships before it got pulled but do now, are attempting it for the very first time. It's going to suck with anything but full divisions for a while.

[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
3,307 posts
28,203 battles

I found it to be easier then it used to be when people knew what they were doing. I had 2 teams in a row, random teams, 5 star it. I also had two teams fail as soon as Raptor moved out of its hiding spot after repairs.  

So my verdict is that if you're playing with people who played it before it's easier like when it was first introduced, before they reworked them all to be a bit more difficult.

[TSF_1]
Members
3,301 posts
7,816 battles

People generally aren't smart enough to look up a Youtube video before jumping in with their shiny T6. I wish they'd add tutorials for this kind of thing.

[MUDDX]
Banned
8,144 posts
23,987 battles

Tried one in each of my 3 tier 6 CVs all devastating losses. The garbage CV Rebork 1 squad only restriction and to powerful AA render it useless.

[WOLFC]
Members
3,337 posts
12,053 battles

I ran the op once today and my team cruised to an easy 4 star win (didn’t get the Hosho). I was a bit disappointed that it seemed so easy.

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,634 posts
16,867 battles

Seems pretty much the same as it was before.

[PVE]
Members
2,186 posts
7,673 battles

My division mate and I got hooked up with some pretty experienced random teammates on our only run today.

Easy as pie, 5-Star win.  Effortless.

[000]
[000]
Members
46 posts
5,496 battles

4 runs yesterday. 1 5-star, 1 4-star, two losses.  That Myogi right at the start has a habit of popping cruisers like balloons if given the chance.

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
166 posts
3,615 battles

Last night, I played a few rounds of this. In one of them, the Raptor CV just ran into an island about 400m short of the exit. 

It started backing up, then just stopped and sat there until the time ran out. 

I don't remember this happening before in Raptor, but I could be wrong. 

Anyone else dealing with crap-tastic Raptor AI lately?

[WOLFC]
Members
708 posts
27,283 battles

I've done 2 run on the public server, one 4 stars and one 5 stars.

Like operations in general with random teams, it's the luck of the draw how well you will do.

Beta Testers
694 posts
3,697 battles

Mixed, only one fail when everyone but me left the CV alone and there is only so much a Arizona can do at once also only one 5star and that had 5man div that had Lightninger in it.

Members
133 posts
12,743 battles

The biggest problem is that Raptor Rescue has been absent from the game for at least the past 7 months (Think it was taken out in January or December, when 9.0 dropped, so a lot of people who didn't really play Ops too much forgot about it, not to mention the newbies who have never played it before. Personally I loved RR, was one of the most fun ops and I can't wait for them to bring back the T7 Operation where she shows up. 

What makes RR so hard right now is that most of the ships are slower or as fast as she is. And most of the fleet is huddled behind the island where she first sits. She doesn't give any sort of warning that she's going to start leaving, like a "Systems restored we will be moving out shortly" to give everyone a heads up that hey, the primary objective is going to leave this big protective spot. She just says "time to go lol" and guns it, and with the BBs at tier 6 being slow as molasses and the cruisers having the reaction time of a braindead chipmunk, she ends up going out alone and facing half the enemies alone.

Thats why I either run RR as another Ranger, or as a Perth. The Ranger because it's easy for me to spot the targets so my team can sink them, or a Perth so I can creep along with Raptor and give her smoke. 

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
25,540 posts
19,684 battles

Bayern, New Mex, Fuso. Bayern, New Mex, Fuso. Mutsu if all three haven't returned to port and regenerated their orders yet. Switch to cruisers when the current directive battleship XP tasks are fulfilled.

@Vader_Sama, @Lightninger, are there any destroyers you would specifically recommend NOT to bring to this op? I think I have all the Tier 6 DD's except for the T-61, the new Frenchie and the Shinonome.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,485 posts
11,177 battles

Without even thinking about it, Fubuki.

The new French DD would probably not be a recommended choice too for this op due to lack of smoke which is very needed, just bring a cruiser instead in this case.

[PUMA]
Members
1,238 posts
11,260 battles

I am fairly new to this op amd still learning. Tried it with Dunkerque and it went rather well. The BB is fast enough to stay ahead of the CV and clear a path.

[A-D-F]
Members
1,443 posts
20,379 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Bayern, New Mex, Fuso. Bayern, New Mex, Fuso. Mutsu if all three haven't returned to port and regenerated their orders yet. Switch to cruisers when the current directive battleship XP tasks are fulfilled.

@Vader_Sama, @Lightninger, are there any destroyers you would specifically recommend NOT to bring to this op? I think I have all the Tier 6 DD's except for the T-61, the new Frenchie and the Shinonome.

Generally you want to focus on good guns and speed for Scenarios in regards to destroyers. In general I would say avoid Japanese having poor gun DPM but also maybe no British having poor shell penetration and Icarus has short duration smoke with no speed boost. 

[A-D-F]
Members
1,443 posts
20,379 battles
10 hours ago, AzureTerra said:

Mixed, only one fail when everyone but me left the CV alone and there is only so much a Arizona can do at once also only one 5star and that had 5man div that had Lightninger in it.

Just remember one thing. In the Hoperations Discord group, anything less than 5 stars is considered a loss to us.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,485 posts
11,177 battles
17 hours ago, AzureTerra said:

7 hours ago, Lightninger said:

Just remember one thing. In the Hoperations Discord group, anything less than 5 stars is considered a loss to us.

*posts screenshot of said game while being top of the team in a CV

*Lightninger gets the spotlight instead

:p

[A-D-F]
Members
1,443 posts
20,379 battles
28 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

*posts screenshot of said game while being top of the team in a CV

*Lightninger gets the spotlight instead

:p

He did make his post before yours though. I only have more visibility due to YouTube I would think. 

[PVE]
Members
581 posts
11,717 battles
37 minutes ago, Lightninger said:

He did make his post before yours though. I only have more visibility due to YouTube I would think. 

He's just teasing. I'm just annoyed that there is no mention of the #3 ;)

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
271 posts
7,744 battles

I was playing RR tonight to knock off symbols from my T6 CAs and BBs. Playing with randos, out of 8 or 9 matches I had 2 defeats, the rest were 4-5 star wins (mostly 5).

So overall, I'd say it's not too bad.

[F4E]
Members
337 posts
11,379 battles

I played Raptor Rescue tonight — first time I ever played any operation.  It was fun and very successful over 150k damage and 2 kills in New Mexico.

I can do Raptor Rescue again?  Do I need to switch up the ship I use? 

I was stoked to get another 10 point Captain...I am grinding my USN Tier VI ships to level up the captains before I buy Tier VI ships...I now have 3 10-pointers in reserve and more than enough coal to acquire John Doe (bought George Doe with doubloons and he commands Pensacola...  Can I get another 10-pt captain if I complete all the sub-missions again?