You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
LunchCutter

When ships hit the wall it should be the same as hitting land

24 comments in this topic

Members
1,103 posts
3,223 battles

When a ship runs into the out of bounds perimeter it should be the equivalent of a ship running into a land mass. The only thing they can do is reverse out. A game before a enemy BB hit the wall, no matter where I aimed my gunners aim bot could not work out what direction he was moving to so all my shells just kept splashing around him. He spent ages riding the wall, with 3 ships trying to shoot him he was able to dodge them with little effort while returning decent fire. The coding for the the shell RNG just does not seem to be able to work out what direction the target is heading. Even at 8-10k range with my sites on him the shells just seemed to completely miss their target, round after round..

Make the ship stop completely, the only way to move out is to reverse (or forwards if they backed into it) stop the wall skating.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 2

[SYN]
Members
5,879 posts
13,316 battles

They should make it so that you warp to the opposite end of the map entering.  Old school arcade Asteroids style.  :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 9

[SYN]
Members
5,879 posts
13,316 battles
1 minute ago, 0NutsNBolts0 said:

That's how it is in wows Blitz.

What, the warping to the opposite end of the map thing?

[-RNG-]
Supertester
3,227 posts
6,204 battles

Should be a force field and not a bouncy wall. You can go past the line, but it will start to force you back. Go far enough and you are getting pushed backward. Go at an angle and you will naturally steer back to battle. Not paying attention and it will cancel out with your propulsion and you will be stopped broadside. 

Sticky wall works too, but its not a fun and smooth looking as a force field or even the bouncy wall. 

[SLI]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,549 posts

Just make it make your ship explode. 

You have run into the border!

Solve that border problem once and for all. :cap_haloween:

• Funny 2

[TF16A]
[TF16A]
Modder
711 posts
881 battles
1 hour ago, Burnsy said:

Kind of like Sea of Thieves!? You get into the Red Sea and slowly take damage till you sink.

Members
1,103 posts
3,223 battles
1 hour ago, Burnsy said:

I'd be in favour of that, too many people use rail riding as a tactic. 

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
32,215 posts
26,997 battles

Please tell me you guys aren't failing at hitting ships caught at the border.  The only thing easier than hitting a border hugging ship is an island.

• Cool 1

[SIM]
Members
5,909 posts
9,432 battles

I actually think that hitting the map border should give you a warning for 5-10 seconds, then begin damaging your ship as if you were outside of the ring in Savage Battles. 

Banned
1,678 posts
1,286 battles
2 hours ago, LunchCutter said:

no matter where I aimed my gunners aim bot could not work out what direction he was moving

did you really just openly admit to using illegal cheats?

Members
1,103 posts
3,223 battles
12 minutes ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

did you really just openly admit to using illegal cheats?

No, I was referring to the games use of the rng bot to throw your shells at the vague area you're aiming. It really gets confused if you have 2 enemy ships in close proximity to each other. It also gets confused if a ships weaving all over the maps wall. 

[--V--]
Members
1,585 posts
14,628 battles
2 hours ago, Kuckoo said:

They should make it so that you warp to the opposite end of the map entering.  Old school arcade Asteroids style.  :Smile_trollface:

I actually like this idea.  Wow.  LOL  That could be fun.

Banned
1,678 posts
1,286 battles
29 minutes ago, LunchCutter said:

No, I was referring to the games use of the rng bot to throw your shells at the vague area you're aiming. It really gets confused if you have 2 enemy ships in close proximity to each other. It also gets confused if a ships weaving all over the maps wall. 

That's definitely a user-end issue.

• Cool 2

Members
1,103 posts
3,223 battles
14 minutes ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

That's definitely a user-end issue.

I thought it was a well known bug. Aim at a enemy ship, if another enemy one is in front of it or behind in close proximity the aiming system gets confused about what target to go for and the shells fly off usually missing everything.

• Funny 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,966 posts
23,351 battles

Hard stopping on wall contact actually makes walls more abusable. You'd just ride the line, and every time you see shells or torpedoes coming that would hit you if you maintained speed, you'd tap the steering slightly over so you clip the wall and instantly stop, causing the shells to miss. Then you'd steer back and continue on your way. Particularly obnoxious with DDs and ships with high acceleration, like RN lines or those with speed boost.

[MEOW]
[MEOW]
Members
235 posts
3,977 battles

How about if a player comes into contact with the wall, all the enemy ships are unspotted for them and they stop spotting enemies, while enemies are still able to spot them?

[KIA-C]
Members
3,831 posts
17,012 battles

When you hit an island you can fairly easily reverse because your ship is basically stopped.

Hitting the wall not only reduces your max speed to almost stationnary but it also reduces your propulsion by 50%. Good luck trying to reverse or get away when you're slow and have 50% of your engine. That's actually worst than being stopped on an island.

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
2,522 posts

Or it could just throw you out of the match in 10 seconds or so if you don't get out of the wall.  Hey, you left the map so obviously you are making a tactical retreat.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,734 posts
13,720 battles
9 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Please tell me you guys aren't failing at hitting ships caught at the border.  The only thing easier than hitting a border hugging ship is an island.

Exactly. Me hitting the current wall is an “Ohcrappleasedonthitme” moment. 

[WOLFG]
Members
34,394 posts
10,709 battles
10 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I disagree. Stationary or reversing ships are easier, and it's practically guaranteed you'll come across far more of those than border huggers lol.

I had a match where an enemy Spee decided to engage my KBerg, by sitting stationary beside an island, so I was the only one that could shoot at him. Fast forward a minute or so, and he was reversing to escape, with 2 fires going and less than 5k HP, while I was only down 3-4k HP. I couldn't believe he just sat there and let me rain perfect salvoes on him.