You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Landing_Skipper

AA in 0.8.6

11 comments in this topic

[-GPS-]
Members
2,942 posts
40,200 battles

So the changes to DPS AA were just supposed to “correct inconsistencies.”  

I’ve been playing Lexington to see what changed. Strong AA DDs are even stronger (Fletcher, Akizuki, etc.). Also seems like overlapping AA got a significant buff. 

What’s your experience been?

ETA:  Defensive AA more powerful as it doubles or more DPS. 

Edited by Landing_Skipper

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,901 battles

Don't know.  I'll let you know when we get to 0.8.7. 

We just updated to 0.8.6.

• Funny 1

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
3,423 battles
9 minutes ago, Landing_Skipper said:

I’ve been playing Lexington to see what changed. Strong AA DDs are even stronger (Fletcher, Akizuki, etc.). Also seems like overlapping AA got a significant buff. 

AA was adjusted to make it impossible to boost through by exploiting the slow rate of fire of some mounts.

Now all mounts will hit you with their damage almost continuously.

It's not a buff by raw firepower output...however in practice it is a large buff to AA performance.

As predicted by many within the CV community...so if WG says they are 'surprised' by this...call them out on the bull excrement.

[-GPS-]
Members
2,942 posts
40,200 battles

And “weak AA” Tier 10 ships like Yamato eat Tier 8 planes like candy, even when alone. Never considered a sling shot drop on a Yammy but I will now. 

OK now played Audacious and Saipan. AA is stronger. Saipan relatively stronger with tougher planes  

Kaga is virtually useless in a T10 game. Even worse than before. I want my money back. 

Edited by Landing_Skipper

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,473 posts
14,971 battles
1 hour ago, Landing_Skipper said:

There is no overlap but AA triggers as soon as you enter the band so yes it is another AA buff. The delay when entering the outer band was probably correct as it takes time to bring the guns on target but the following bands would have time to do that before the planes enter.

[TF16A]
[TF16A]
Modder
711 posts
881 battles

Haven’t played enough to have an educated opinion but from the little I’ve played so far... as noted above, DD’s aa seems to have more of a punch to it.

[-BUI-]
Members
2,708 posts
7,103 battles

Dunno, not interested in playing CVs anymore.    REALLY not interested in losing 2 planes to a AA cruiser before it even finishes loading in due to its AA and spotting have the same distance, so I'm done with the class until a rather major buff comes along to make it worthwhile.

[-GPS-]
Members
2,942 posts
40,200 battles

Everything that improves DPS is more powerful now. Defensive AA.  BFT and Manual AA skills.  And switching AA sectors efficiently. Oh and overlapping AA. When a Fuso starts shredding Tier 8 planes because there’s another ship close by...

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,277 posts
8,392 battles

All the recent AA efficiency buffs have made it rather obvious that the CV tier scaling is FUBAR.   I never really enjoyed T10 CVs though I have researched all 3 of them.   Really enjoyed it at T6/8 the best.    However now with the constant uptiering most of them have just left me on the sidelines.    Probably need to bring out my T10s some more because theory would say its playable... but currently boycotting the class entirely.  best weapon we have at our disposal currently is to show WG that we will not play them like this.   Balanced by  the  anti CV crowd's constant whining.   I guess if that is where they decide to take this game I'll find somewhere else to take my gaming dollars.   I guess my biggest gripe about this entire rework is at no point from patch to patch do I remember an attempt to dial in the mechanics from the previous patch with adjustments?   Not once...just a wild shift to some other mechanic, which puts us no closer to being dialed in than we were 7 months ago..its literally been a complete development amateur hour in my opinion.   Almost embarrassing really...   

• Cool 1

[MCK]
Members
6 posts
7,752 battles

Even though I am not a cv main by any means, I like playing them or I used to.  I have a t10 midway and its virtually useless with the whole AA buff even against the weakest of t8.  A t10 anything should do really good damage to t8 stuff.  I dont mind the 2 tier change but if the cv needs to be buffed some so they actually can do something.,

[TF16A]
[TF16A]
Modder
711 posts
881 battles

I wouldn’t mind seeing rockets do more damage to AA guns or even the range finders. Wear a ship’s defenses down enough to effectively use your torpedos and bombers. Also a ship secondaries do more damage to AA defenses would be a plus too, IMO.

Edited by Mailman653