You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Legio_X_

French Offensive containers

83 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
25,543 posts
19,684 battles

Are you talking about the one that comes with fifty crates AND a Tier 8 cruiser?

Members
2,445 posts
5,464 battles
15 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Are you talking about the one that comes with fifty crates AND a Tier 8 cruiser?

Yea

[ARGSY]
Members
25,543 posts
19,684 battles
1 minute ago, Legio_X_ said:

Yea

Then it's not just the crates, and you really needed to acknowledge that there were other things in the bundle. Not impressed.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

Members
2,445 posts
5,464 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Then it's not just the crates, and you really needed to acknowledge that there were other things in the bundle. Not impressed.

Whats the point in acknowledging whats in the bundle? I said “offensive crates” so non-lazy people can just go to the premium shop and look for themselves.

[ARGSY]
Members
25,543 posts
19,684 battles
Just now, Legio_X_ said:

Whats the point in acknowledging whats in the bundle? I said “offensive crates” so non-lazy people can just go to the premium shop and look for themselves.

Because your first post strongly suggests that this is a US$200 crate bundle with nothing else inside, and seems to be nothing more than clickbait to stir up outrage.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Members
283 posts
5,563 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Not impressed.

Sorry but I'm saddened and worried at 200$........for a few tinker toys? That is a lot of greed  feeding off addiction......or else there is a big leak in the bottom line. Some of the pricing seems desperate to me.

• Boring 1

[WOLF7]
Members
12,615 posts
1 minute ago, ColdwaterCowboy_1 said:

Sorry but I'm saddened and worried at 200$........for a few tinker toys? That is a lot of greed  feeding off addiction......or else there is a big leak in the bottom line. Some of the pricing seems desperate to me.

Yes, but the fanboi's will ever justify it....and it should be obvious to everyone by now that WG is having trouble monetizing the game.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
2,262 posts
29,980 battles

WG assumes a goodly percentage of players here have more dollars than sense. They're not wrong in that assumption.

[YORHA]
Members
5,451 posts
10,751 battles

So here's a thought.   Don't buy them.

Now on to the next controversy.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[ARGSY]
Members
25,543 posts
19,684 battles
10 minutes ago, ColdwaterCowboy_1 said:

It was the OP I wasn't impressed with. All the boxes plus two premium ships and their bonus missions is a fair bit less "unimpressive", although I'm not the sort of person to spend that much at once on this game. 

[SLI]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,544 posts
21 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Yes, but the fanboi's will ever justify it....and it should be obvious to everyone by now that WG is having trouble monetizing the game.

The crates are $3 each.  It's the same price of most all the crates in the past for early release lines.

You are getting 50, so that's $150 right there at "normal" crate pricing.

You then also get the T8 premium cruiser  and the T5 premium DD.  So those two premium ships, their missions for the 500 tokens and on top of that you get a bunch of smaller extras.

It's technically a decent deal and not inflated pricing when you break it down to what you are actually buying. 

It's a large "sticker" price, but what matters is the actual math.  WG hasn't suddenly made things more expensive than they have in past events.  There isn't anything new of note here on that front.

• Cool 8

[MINVY]
Members
784 posts
7,673 battles

They might be testing the waters to see how big a bite whales will go for. That's a lot of greenbacks for one go. Lots of stuff too but still. I couldn't bring myself to buy that King Ovechkin commander. 100 bucks for a cool portrait. I have the others.

• Boring 1

[WOLF7]
Members
12,615 posts
5 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

The crates are $3 each.  It's the same price of most all the crates in the past for early release lines.

You are getting 50, so that's $150 right there at "normal" crate pricing.

You then also get the T8 premium cruiser  and the T5 premium DD.  So those two premium ships, their missions for the 500 tokens and on top of that you get a bunch of smaller extras.

It's technically a decent deal and not inflated pricing when you break it down to what you are actually buying. 

It's a large "sticker" price, but what matters is the actual math.  WG hasn't suddenly made things more expensive than they have in past events.  There isn't anything new of note here on that front.

Except that the rewards from the crates are crappier than ever....

I used to buy crates for flags...now you can only get 5 per crate, and your forced to take 5 camos that most everyone does not need. 

I guess I should thank WG, their greed has ensured I don't buy a single crate. :Smile_medal:

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[SLI]
9,544 posts
11 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Except that the rewards from the crates are crappier than ever....

I used to buy crates for flags...now you can only get 5 per crate, and your forced to take 5 camos that most everyone does not need. 

I guess I should thank WG, their greed has ensured I don't buy a single crate. :Smile_medal:

Let's be honest here, people are not buying the crates for the camos in them.  They are buying them because they want the early access missions that are in them.

You might not see value in that and that is fine, but the pricing of the package that the OP is talking about, is technically, if you break it down and compare it to past packs, a pretty decent deal.  The crates prices are on par, you get two premium ships, one that is normally around $50 just by itself (see atago) the extras and with that number of crates, the odds are extremely high that are going to unlock all of the available new line early.

The sticker price is big, no doubt, but the value you get for it, works our pretty darned well compared to past pricing.  WG hasn't suddenly upped their pricing with this pack.  The math says so.

• Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Members
25,543 posts
19,684 battles
11 minutes ago, awiggin said:

The older crates are still there for the buying, but I have to admit you have a point.

That being said, I don't buy crates unless they have guaranteed content that I value (e.g. tokens that would push me above the bar to get a particular ship at an acceptable cost).

Just now, WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot_42 said:

one must buy (if you dont already own one), or is forced to buy, the "mission criteria" vessels to even complete these directives. 

Have you yet SEEN the directives? They aren't even supposed to drop till tomorrow. If you have, a link would be appreciated. If you have not, then you are actively lying.

Members
181 posts
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Have you yet SEEN the directives? They aren't even supposed to drop till tomorrow. If you have, a link would be appreciated. If you have not, then you are actively lying.

look in the MISSION tabs

need Bayard

need Sirocco

Edited by WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot_42

[SLI]
9,544 posts
10 minutes ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot_42 said:

to begin the French destoyer missions one must buy (if you dont already own one), or is forced to buy, the "mission criteria" vessels to even complete these directives. :Smile_amazed:

Totalling $75.+:Smile_sceptic:

Pfft! :Smile-_tongue:

The "normal" missions drop tomorrow. 

Members
1,739 posts
10,757 battles
48 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Because your first post strongly suggests that this is a US$200 crate bundle with nothing else inside

This is untrue.

[SLI]
9,544 posts
2 minutes ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot_42 said:

look in the MISSION tabs

Those are for the early unlock ships for extra tokens, if you choose to pay to try to win an early unlock.

The normal missions for the line release, begin for everyone tomorrow.