Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
warheart1992

Schrodinger's Mogami and IFHE/Plating changes paradox. What's the deal?

2 comments in this topic

[KWF]
Members
6,690 posts
7,321 battles

Been thinking about this for a while after I saw the the changes to Cruiser plating and IFHE. Namely I am curious about the following, consider it a bit of theorycrafting that I found interesting.

Armor plating of bow and aft ends of cruisers with a caliber of main guns lower than 200 mm is made thinner than before: 13 mm for tiers VI - VII, 16 mm for tiers VIII - X;

Now, Mogami as most know is viable both with the stock 155mm and the 203mm main battery. So I'm wondering what will happen.

Will Mogami retain 25mm extremities since it's "top" upgrade is over 200mm caliber?

Will she get 16mm extremities since 155mm is pretty popular?

Will her armor scheme change depending on which caliber guns you outfit her with?

Will she maybe split as a CL and CA version, with each ship having  a main battery of only one caliber?

Am quite interested in seeing how this turns out, especially since Mogami is the only case of a cruiser where this unique situation occurs.

In a sense Mogami is a Schrodingers cat, being a Light and Heavy cruiser at the same time. :crab:

Edited by warheart1992

[DCMA]
Members
596 posts
12,209 battles
6 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

In a sense Mogami is a Schrodingers cat, being a Light and Heavy cruiser at the same time. :crab:

If she gets nerfed to 16mm probably will end up alive and dead at the same time, just like the original cat. Also the map is not a box but is a square... The 50/50 chance could be face a Henri (overmatch 16mm)... Uuuuuuuhm

Sign in to follow this