You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ghostar_1

Border hugging: Why?

9 comments in this topic

Members
134 posts
2,434 battles

As of lately i see too many players border hugging.

Is this a new "feature"? Something "undocumented"?

• Funny 1

Beta Testers
671 posts
2,548 battles

What I know burder hugging gives is:

1. Planes aim get screwed, specially DBs
  2. Planes can't make 2 attack runs so easily since they'll bounce off the imaginary wall
  3. Makes it harder to aim at border huggers since it'll screw with your Aim (a ship sliding horizontally towards you...yeah...)
  4. Needs testing but I believe secondaries will fire as if the ship was moving normally instead of sliding horizontally
  5. You can make some turns without exposing too much for torpedoes
  6. Torpedo aim is screwed

And the only problem is the annoying sound and the engine cut down to half...the engine maybe is another hidden buff for some players that don't know how to change their speed to screw with other ppl aim.

• Cool 1

Members
231 posts
79 battles
9 minutes ago, Ghostar_1 said:

As of lately i see too many players border hugging.

Is this a new "feature"? Something "undocumented"?

1,412 battles and you're just noticing the map has a border that doesn't teleport a ship to the center of the map when they cross it?

And why is this a problem for you?  Are you having difficulty hitting a target moving at 1/4 of their full speed? 

[GGWP]
Privateers
7,657 posts
18,562 battles

Ships can only shoot from one side of a ship on the border. THat's typically why I find myself on the border.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,473 posts
14,971 battles

Some are trying to abuse the border to protect their ship but if you adjust your aim, you need to hit the part that in still in the play field, you will wreck them quickly.

Others end up on the border and if they are trying to fight it can be a problem getting clear. Apply the same aim adjustment to them but know that they will pull away from it given a chance.

Members
1,716 posts
18,732 battles

Border hugging means that you can't be out flanked. Useful when you are trying to turn the enemy's flank. That of course is if the person is intentionally doing it. Many end up stuck nose first in the border wall because they weren't paying attention...been there done that.

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,785 posts
11,439 battles

I found myself stuck into the border today.  Was trying to kite away from a BB that seemed to like me as a target in my T9 Saint Louis.  Ping went to 300 for a few seconds as I was about to turn.  Next thing that happened was a big jump forward into the border.  Had a hard time turning and getting off it due to the slow speed my ship suddenly had.  Luckily, my decision to go dark resulted in my invisibility while getting free.  Wasn't fun being there though.  It was sluggish, especially for a ship that needs speed to be effective.

Members
941 posts
4,098 battles

Usually I get stuck on the border when I'm kiting or fleeing from stronger enemy ships, however I usually tend to avoid hitting the border as I see the decreased engine power having a big impact on my ability to flee to safety