MAA2017

SUPPORTING OUR AMERICAN VETERANS

14 comments in this topic

[TSG4]
Members
55 posts
2,892 battles

I wanted to take a moment and ask this ONE question to every member of this game....... DO YOU SUPPORT OUR AMERICAN VETERANS & CURRENT SERVICE MEMBERS? If so, there is a program that you can assist them through. There is a company (private) that is looking to assist  veterans that are homeless. NRV Food Service Consultants, LLC, has for the past 2 years has provided free job training, national certifications, housing assistance, clothing assistance, meal preparation, and many other services that our disables service members or veterans are in need of. We are able to do these things because local communities have made donations to this program and provided the funds for the continuation of the program. I would personally hate to see this program end.

So, here are some links that you can visit to validate my company's effort and also news coverage that has happened in response to this effort. I am also including our company website and you can donate to the effort from the Veterans Program page if you are so inclined to do so.

Company website: https://keithrahn.wixsite.com/nrvfoods

News Coverage: 

SO, if you want to support our service veteran's, please take a look at the information and then make a donation through the site. We actually do excellent work to benefit the Veterans.

Edited by MAA2017
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[BB-57]
Members
265 posts
12,489 battles

Sad this has gone 22 hours without a reply... Thank you for the Info, I will look into donating.

We're all in this together.

• Cool 1

[TSG4]
Members
55 posts
2,892 battles

You are correct. It is extremely disappointing that we as citizens of this country do no support our veterans. I have a program that does exactly that and I don't receive any serious assistance in providing this service. Last year (2018) I pitched this campaign in order to make a solid difference in the lives of our service members and received absolutely no support whatsoever and was only able to train 4 service members, This year, my clan TSG4 stepped up and with the donations that I received from my fellow clan members, I was able to train about 25 veterans through their support,  Overall, I have trained 53 veterans that are now working, have apartments of their own, and are making means to support themselves financially. It really is a supportive program and ALL FUNDS that are raised go directly to the training of the veterans with ZERO administrative fees, no payroll deducted (as all instruction time is waived or donated) and it will close down if there is not support for it. It cost me about $40 per student to get them trained, another $30-$45 in work clothing, and $30.00 for public bus service so they can get to work. I appreciate any assistance that I can obtain.

Thanks for you continued support, as always it makes a difference in a Veteran's life.

Raffle Promotion.png
Edited by MAA2017
  • Cool 1

[TSG4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,048 posts
14,078 battles

[TSG4] - Tactical Strike Group 4 endorses and supports this program.

597b9c75ccb42_TacticalStrikeGroup4(250x245).png.231b8d6e92fe7c3a639a78e7b93bc897.png

• Cool 1

[SOUP]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator, Supertester, Modder, Privateers
8,612 posts

No, because I'm not American.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WORX]
Members
6,485 posts
16,189 battles

No because big companies and Gov. should be helping vets.

If the independent mom and pop shop are doing this, then its the failure of the current GOV. Admin.

• Angry 1

[PVE]
Members
8,706 posts
22,017 battles
2 hours ago, MAA2017 said:

You are correct. It is extremely disappointing that we as citizens of this country do no support our veterans. I have a program that does exactly that and I don't receive any serious assistance in providing this service. Last year (2018) I pitched this campaign in order to make a solid difference in the lives of our service members and received absolutely no support whatsoever and was only able to train 4 service members, This year, my clan TSG4 stepped up and with the donations that I received from my fellow clan members, I was able to train about 25 veterans through their support,  Overall, I have trained 53 veterans that are now working, have apartments of their own, and are making means to support themselves financially. It really is a supportive program and ALL FUNDS that are raised go directly to the training of the veterans with ZERO administrative fees, no payroll deducted (as all instruction time is waived or donated) and it will close down if there is not support for it. It cost me about $40 per student to get them trained, another $30-$45 in work clothing, and $30.00 for public bus service so they can get to work. I appreciate any assistance that I can obtain.

Thanks for you continued support, as always it makes a difference in a Veteran's life.

Not sure what support we veterans need. There are plenty of service groups and organizations that give vets all sorts of help. The VA has loads of programs to help out with mental issues as well as medical problems. The government offers low cost loans to buy homes and to start businesses as well as low cost/free college. Being a Texan, all I had to pay for was books, my tuition was free for state colleges. Private groups actually build and give homes to disabled vets. They also remodel  homes to make them more accessible for those that have trouble getting around. For those of us who served during war and turn 65, we will get a decent pension assuming you have a Honorable Discharge. Vets have preferential treatment for job placement in government work and many private businesses. 

The biggest issues I have seen with my fellow vets is depression and substance abuse. Without treatment, it matters very little what you do as far as housing, education, etc. The VA offers services for both, hell every time I go to the VA they are asking me if I want/need help with either one.......... I must look like a depressed drunk or something... 

The people of the US go above and beyond to help out vets. Never in my lifetime, have I seen so much effort going into assisting war veterans. I was young, but I remember how little regard there was for Vietnam and Korean vets, especially from the WW2 crowd and the anti war people. Things have changed, and changed for the better. One only has to ask for assistance and they will get help. The sad truth is many can not bring themselves to do it, their families won't do it, and no one else can help them against their will unless they are found to be a danger to themselves or others. 

Saying that the citizens of our country do not support vets is disingenuous and an outright lie. I imagine there are some who don't, but the vast majority bend over backwards to help. They may not be helping your organization but there are a plethora of groups doing a multitude of things to help out those that are seeking help. 

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Cool 1
  • Angry 1

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
722 posts
5,480 battles
7 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Not sure what support we veterans need. There are plenty of service groups and organizations that give vets all sorts of help. The VA has loads of programs to help out with mental issues as well as medical problems. The government offers low cost loans to buy homes and to start businesses as well as low cost/free college. Being a Texan, all I had to pay for was books, my tuition was free for state colleges. Private groups actually build and give homes to disabled vets. They also remodel  homes to make them more accessible for those that have trouble getting around. For those of us who served during war and turn 65, we will get a decent pension assuming you have a Honorable Discharge. 

The biggest issues I have seen with my fellow vets is depression and substance abuse. Without treatment, it matters very little what you do as far as housing, education, etc. The VA offers services for both, hell every time I go to the VA they are asking me if I want/need help with either one.......... I must look like a depressed drunk or something... 

The people of the US go above and beyond to help out vets. Never in my lifetime, have I seen so much effort going into assisting war veterans. I was young, but I remember how little regard there was for Vietnam and Korean vets, especially from the WW2 crowd and the anti war people. Things have changed, and changed for the better. One only has to ask for assistance and they will get help. The sad truth is many can not bring themselves to do it, their families won't do it, and no one else can help them against their will unless they are found to be a danger to themselves or others. 

Saying that the citizens of our country do not support vets is disingenuous and an outright lie. I imagine there are some who don't, but the vast majority bend over backwards to help. They may not be helping your organization but there are a plethora of groups doing a multitude of things to help out those that are seeking help. 

Well said....IMO seems like its mostly civilians/non-vets who think us vets dont get enough help. 

[PVE]
Members
8,706 posts
22,017 battles
13 minutes ago, missile742 said:

Well said....IMO seems like its mostly civilians/non-vets who think us vets dont get enough help. 

I think it is something that many people say because they hear it often enough, especially from those seeking donations and politicians running for office so people assume it is true. 

Like I said, the biggest issues I have seen with my own eyes is substance abuse and depression amongst my fellow vets. Those lead to all sorts of other problems like health issues, joblessness, and homelessness not to mention marital/family problems. Deal with the root problems and the others have a way of getting sorted out. 

BTW there is zero reason for anyone to go hungry in the US. There are government programs that help feed people and a whole herd of private organizations and food banks that get people fed. 

Edited by Taylor3006

[TSG4]
Members
55 posts
2,892 battles

That is not what I am saying at all..... What I am saying that there are NOT enough assistance for HOMELESS VETS. In my city and state, there are multitudes of vets that are panhandling near intersections just to get by. Yes the biggest issues are depression and substance abuse. I am a vet myself and I suffer from PTSD, Severe depression, and anxiety. I am also a functional member of society. I am just trying to make a better life for those that are unable to assist themselves or unable to get to a VA Medical Center to obtain their support that they need. One of the key elements to battle depression to is inflate their self-worth. We can do that by giving them tools such as a job, job-training, and housing (at least in my own area) and proper support.

That is all that I was implying.

Edited by MAA2017

[PVE]
Members
8,706 posts
22,017 battles
4 hours ago, MAA2017 said:

That is not what I am saying at all..... What I am saying that there are NOT enough assistance for HOMELESS VETS. In my city and state, there are multitudes of vets that are panhandling near intersections just to get by. Yes the biggest issues are depression and substance abuse. I am a vet myself and I suffer from PTSD, Severe depression, and anxiety. I am also a functional member of society. I am just trying to make a better life for those that are unable to assist themselves or unable to get to a VA Medical Center to obtain their support that they need. One of the key elements to battle depression to is inflate their self-worth. We can do that by giving them tools such as a job, job-training, and housing (at least in my own area) and proper support.

That is all that I was implying.

It is quite literally what you said.....

12 hours ago, MAA2017 said:

You are correct. It is extremely disappointing that we as citizens of this country do no support our veterans. 

As a former corpsman, I know that if you don't treat the underlying problems, none of the "self worth" nonsense is going to anything long term. It is the whole "give a man a fish and he eats for a day" parable. Without treatment for substance abuse and/or mental issues, nothing will change. The VA offers assistance for both of these things as well as medical assistance all free of charge for vets in need. Many of the larger VA hospitals even have temporary housing available for those who qualify and nursing home facilities for those older vets who need it. 

Not sure what state you are in, but in Texas there are VA reps at every county courthouse. Major cities will have huge VA medical centers but most smaller towns will have outpatient clinics and VA offices with reps to help out. If your town is big enough to have a homeless problem on the scale you are talking about, there is bound to be representation somewhere. The thing is they don't come hunting homeless vets (although there are private organizations including the VFW who do). You have to go into one to get help. 

Every unemployment office has a VA rep. Again you have to go in and ask. They offer not only job search help but retraining opportunities as well. 

The best way to battle mental issues is with professional treatment whether that is counseling or medication, more likely a combination of both. 

[TSG4]
2,048 posts
14,078 battles

597b9c75ccb42_TacticalStrikeGroup4(250x245).png.231b8d6e92fe7c3a639a78e7b93bc897.png

CO-20191019
1231hrs

TO: Jessie*************

RE: Veterans' Program Follow-up Letter

Good afternoon, Mr. ******:

Please allow me to begin by saying "Thank You" for your military service. I just finished reading your letter of appreciation to Tactical Strike Group 4, inc. and wanted to take a few moments to reply. We always appreciate hearing back from those that we have a hand in helping, especially military veterans.

Your letter was welcome news and all of us in Tactical Strike Group 4, inc. are extremely pleased that the ServSafe program and our donation/contribution to it has been such a great help in getting you started back on the road towards self-sufficiency! I am under the assumption that your new job with McDonald's is a position in management since you are now the proud owner of the ServSafe food handling certificates!

Your positive attitude and your desire to improve yourself are the key factors in your success with the NRV Food Service program! We in Tactical Strike Group 4, inc are always glad to have a helping role with people like yourself! We take the words on the "Hall Of Heroes" page of our OpServ (Operations Server website) very seriously. Those words read: "TSG4 holds those who have served their country in the highest regard" and it is not just "lip service".... we mean it!

Again, thank you so much for the kind letter letting us know about your success! All of us here in Tactical Strike Group 4, inc. wish you the very best of luck and continued success into the future!

Kindest regards,

Pohya Mea Sooti Oophe
"Nocona"
CAPT, CO
Tactical Strike Group 4, inc.
"A Family of Friends: One Team, One Fight!"
https://www.tsg4.org/

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Message recieved on the OpServ via the "Contact Us" form:

Your Name:
Jessie *****

Your Email Address:
jessie**********@*********.com

Your In-game Name:
n/a

Message and/or Question:
To whom it may concern:

Hello to all of the veterans here at TSG4. I would like to have a moment to say that I think that everything that you are doing for the community is outstanding in nature. I was a recipient 2 months ago of the Veteran's Food Protection Manager's Course that you all sponsoring through NRV Food Service Consultants, LLC in Radford, Virginia.

I would like to tell you how that class has changed my life for the better. So, I have to figure out how to say this.

I was residing in the Salvation Army Homeless Shelter in Roanoke, Virginia, and eating 1 meal a day there and another meal at the RAM House in Roanoke, Virginia when I met a person named Keith Rahn. He noticed that I had a VIETNAM Veterans hat on and asked if I was a Veteran and I stated that I was. He then asked me how long I had been here in the program and homeless. I stated that I had been homeless since 2016 and that I have been in this program for about 6 months.

Here is the conversation that we had:

Mr. Rahn: "Are you interested in getting out of here and back on your own two feet?"

Me:I stated with a blunt answer.... "[edited] YES" and asked how I could accomplish this.

Mr. Rahn: "I offer a job training and job placement service to all veterans, regardless of their financial ability to pay. Would you like to do it?"

Me: "[edited]Hell YES"

Mr Rahn: "Meet me at the Roanoke Public Library at 11:00am, We can get you trained and employed. Please make sure that you are ready to learn something"

Me: OK

So, I met with Mr. Rahn and we spent about 12 hours in the class altogether. He taught me everything I needed to pass the exam. He stated to me once I completed the exam "Give me 48 hours and I will have you a job." So I duly waited for his call. I received a message at the Salvation Army Homeless Shelter lobby that stated that I needed to call Mr. Rahn. So I did. I immediately started work at a local McDonalds and he even went and spent about $300.00 for clothing and shoes so I could work. He also came and picked me up, took me to work each day for the first 3 weeks until I had my first pay check, and now I have an apartment and a bicycle so I can get from my home to work. I am very appreciative of this gesture and the fact that other veterans such as yourself and this gaming clan have made this opportunity available to the less fortunate people. This is AWESOME. I don't yet have a computer, but I will get there.

I hope to be able to eventually talk to each of you all directly one day.

Best wished [sic] and thanks again for everything that you all are doing.

Jessie

[TSG4]
2,048 posts
14,078 battles

The following is a "follow-up" response conversation to the above:

Dearest Nacona, [sic]

I thank you for those kind words first of all. I can say that I am unsure of who actually leads this program but I might take a guess that this is a project of yours that you have intrusted to members of your Officer Corps to handle. I can say that the person that you have running it is excellent and dedicated to his job. You should be very proud of the performance and dedication that you have from this person.

It goes to show that a true leader is able to give direction, step back from the directive, and allow his agents to perform their job. I dont know the ins and outs of your organization as of yet, but I can guarantee that from my experience as prior military, you lead this clan with precision and instruction, a specific goal (mission orientated) and that you dont seem to micro-manage your programs. For all of the Veterans out there, thanks for the assistance.

If I may, I would like to know more about how this program was designed, implemented, and thought of. Also, do you recognize excellence from your members? If so, how? Is it in terms of awards of some sort? Promotions to a higher responsibility within the unit, or just public recognition? I am planning to talk to the local Veteran's Affairs for them to see about doing some sort of recognition here in my area for this instructor. I can verify that there was 6 other veterans in the same class and we all feel the same way about this program. Matter-of-Fact, we are all employed within 3 miles of each other and from the areas homeless shelters. All but 3 of us are all in the same complex of apartments. We ride bikes together to work when our schedules permit and enjoy a cold beer on occasion. Maybe I can drink one for you and your members.

Sorry to keep rambling, but thanks again.

Jessie ******

CO-20191021
1041hrs

Good morning, Jessie:

I'm very pleased to hear that you are doing so well and that you have teamed-up and made friends with other veterans who were in the same class as you! This program is NOT of my creation, but of one of my fine officers who approached me with the idea. I merely approved of the project and took step to support/sponsor it in an official capacity through TSG4. Keith Rahn is a LTjg within Tactical Strike Group 4, inc and is our N1 Personnel Officer. He actually owns NRV Food Service through which the Veterans' Program is based.

It is certainly nice to hear such kind words regarding Tactical Strike Group 4, inc. and the flattering compliments that you gave to me. For those things, I say a deep-felt "thank you". TSG4 is, as you know, a gaming organization and none of our personnel are actually paid (including myself). Our OpServ and all other activities associated with TSG4 are a "labor of love". I will also add that I happen to have a very accomplished, skilled and dedicated cadre of officers and senior NCO's that I rely upon to make sure everything gets handled/addressed and keeps the over-all organization running smoothly. I am quite proud of my entire leadership TEAM!

Regarding our internal recognition of members, we accomplish this in two ways: through a system of awards and decorations with specific criteria established for each award, and through a detailed system of promotions that is loosely based on the actual military promotion structure. We also also offer our sailors a series of advancement programs so that they can improve and advance their positions within our organization if they so choose.

It was definitely nice hearing from you again. I appreciate your interest/curiosity in the TSG4 organization and am always willing to answer any further questions that you may. have.

With kindest regards,

Pohya Mea Sooti Oophe
"Nocona"
CAPT, CO
Tactical Strike Group 4, inc.

[TSG4]
2,048 posts
14,078 battles

CO-20191024
1112hrs

TO: FighterANT47

RE: Message regarding Veterans' Program

Greetings, Marcus:

Thank you for taking the time to reach-out to Tactical Strike Group 4, inc. to let us know about your success with the Veterans program that we sponsor through NRV Foodservice Consultants. It is always good to hear some feedback so that we know what kind of impact our efforts are having!

Please allow me extend a personal "thank you" to you for your three tours of service. I was sorry to hear of your injuries sustained in combat, but extremely glad and proud of your miraculous survival and the fantastic progress that you have made in your amazing recovery!

Keep up the good fight, soldier! I wish you many more successes in your future!

With respect and honor,

Pohya Mea Sooti Oophe
"Nocona"
CAPT, CO
Tactical Strike Group 4

Message received from "FighterANT47" via the "CONTACT US" button on the TSG4 OpServ (Operations Server website).

Your Name

Marcus *********** (FighterAnt47)

Your Email Address
Mar**************@outlook.com

Your In-game Name
None - Don't have computer access except public library

Message and/or Question

To the leadership of TSG4:

I wanted to pass along my gratitude towards your Veterans Program through NRV Food Service Consultants, LLC and the Instructor that taught the class. I was involved in the class with several other Veterans in August 2019. One of the other classmates that I speak to earlier told me that he sent you a message to thank you all and that I should do the same, so here I am.

Well to get started, the class was life changing to say the least. I am a former US Army 11-B Infantryman (1986 - 2004) and I became homeless when I suffered from a series of mental setbacks from Operation Desert Shield / Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom, 3 tours altogether. I took a round to the head and now suffer from various issues to say the least.

This program and the continued support from this member is what is keeping me going in the right direction altogether. I am having Jessie assist me in writing this letter as I tend to wonder of sometimes. Anyway I will wrap this up with this final note....

........ This program has positively changed my life and thanks again. A well deserved round of applause is due and even a lot more to this Instructor. He deserves all that is due to him and I hope that recognition comes his way in some form or another. He truly changes lives for Veterans.

Submitted by

Marcus