TheURLGuy

Update 0.8.6: French Destroyers

51 comments in this topic

[HYDRO]
Members
3,682 posts
5,280 battles

My condolences to whoever will be doing Clan Battles AND Ranked. The burn out will be real :Smile_hiding:.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 1

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,821 posts
3,793 battles
7 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

My condolences to whoever will be doing Clan Battles AND Ranked. The burn out will be real :Smile_hiding:.

2061431411_Screenshot_20190723-092528_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.f2803088ff3490a1730ee4f380cb7439.jpg

On the bright side those British BB changes are finally here. Super hyped for that!

[HYDRO]
Members
3,682 posts
5,280 battles
1 minute ago, _1204_ said:

2061431411_Screenshot_20190723-092528_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.f2803088ff3490a1730ee4f380cb7439.jpg

On the bright side those British BB changes are finally here. Super hyped for that!

In general, aside from the Chung Mu/Yueyang debacle the balance changes aren't that bad.

Nevertheless,a worry of mine is that since Jutland got nerfed maybe Daring will be next in line.

• Angry 1

[-K-]
Members
7,323 posts
12,021 battles

So, will Siroco be available for sale in the Premium Shop at the start of the event, just like Hill was at the start of the Rogue Wave event?

[DPG]
Supertester
545 posts
13,235 battles

WG - Kudos on so many balance changes on ships - I think most are in the right direction +1 

A new map +1 

A new style T8 Clan battles will be a lot of fun and I think is much needed to stoke clans interest who have not discovered the fun of clan battles in this game. 6v6 too - for more casual clans this should see the # of clans playing rise a fair bit ! Love the chance to play some old favorites !! +1 

A new ship line early access - always awesome +1

New directives, extra loot +1

A new ranked season +1

The Symbols of France for tokens and coal - This kind of event is always cool! +1 

A fantastic, nearly epic update - on paper... 

-----

my caveat to all of the great things you have done above - WHEN ARE WE GOING TO HAVE TIME TO DO THEM ALL !!!! ???? 

I am a very hard core gamer with this game - BUT there is simply not enough hours in the day to do these well - It is NOT fair to players to have so many large time consuming events at the same time!!  During a full clan season stick to Ranked sprint only - NOT full ranked seasons - And then during Ranked Seasons, add a few Clan brawl days !! This is a healthy and fun mix !! 

In 0.8.5 - you took a super fun event and battle mode - Savage battles and made it a 200 game grind that had me dreading the last several days and that is unfotrtunate - because it was really really fun... 

The symbols of France event is awesome to get some variety of ship play in the game queue - The fact that you added it during a FULL ranked and clan battles season means I will only be spamming these in Coop missions to get them done as quickly as possible and to ensure the victory in a single battle - I will simply not have the time to play for them the way i had hoped, taking some old favorite ships into normal random missions :(  

So please WG  - In the future - More is NOT always better ... Variety sure can be - but with the right mix ... Unfortunate you tainted this month with so much grind - It could have been an epic update instead of a dread. 

Careful or you will alienate and stress / burn out the casual gamer with so much "unattainable" content is what I hear a lot about ... most of us hard core veterans will get through much of this - but that does not mean it will feel fun 

Don't take my feedback too harshly,  because There really is a LOT of great stuff this update, and thank you for that! Just room for improvement on timing these events... 

Good hunting! 

Kar 

• Cool 5

[ERK]
Members
26 posts
28,761 battles

Any word on when the Legendary mods will work again for CVs?  It was such a hard grind to find out that you could not use or mount it even though the Wiki page identified "0.8.0 mods still work not as stated  updated by 0.8.2?"  Seems like they just keep changing stuff every update and never finishing one part before pressing forward on something different.  Is there a list of what has been delayed or do we just wait?

• Cool 2

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
2,115 posts

So you took on of the least played CVs and stripped it of the most viable death ball breaking planes and based it all on what? There couldn't be enough stats to make an informed decision on the change's viability. 

And more AA buffs. So you just want folks attacking via slingshot only with CVs. Which will really skew the stats as only ubers seem to have that skill mastered. 

Sigh. I couldn't be less surprised. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[GIR]
Members
71 posts
8,893 battles

Ranked 13 - as I said in that thread, just not that interested. Issues include the preserve a star mechanics, reward degrades from previous season, and just added to the feel of grind that game has.

New Directive Event - This event structure has been recycled / repackaged a bit too much this year and adding grind to each revision does not help matters at all.

Loot Boxes - Zero interest in anything that involves massive RNG, I'd rather provide RL $ for things I know I can get, not a chance at.

In the end, I am less excited for the new updates as WarGaming continue to take World of Warships to a bad place.

• Cool 1

[CRF]
Members
461 posts
6,711 battles
2 hours ago, Karandar said:

WG - Kudos on so many balance changes on ships - I think most are in the right direction +1 

A new map +1 

A new style T8 Clan battles will be a lot of fun and I think is much needed to stoke clans interest who have not discovered the fun of clan battles in this game. 6v6 too - for more casual clans this should see the # of clans playing rise a fair bit ! Love the chance to play some old favorites !! +1 

A new ship line early access - always awesome +1

New directives, extra loot +1

A new ranked season +1

The Symbols of France for tokens and coal - This kind of event is always cool! +1 

A fantastic, nearly epic update - on paper... 

-----

my caveat to all of the great things you have done above - WHEN ARE WE GOING TO HAVE TIME TO DO THEM ALL !!!! ???? 

I am a very hard core gamer with this game - BUT there is simply not enough hours in the day to do these well - It is NOT fair to players to have so many large time consuming events at the same time!!  During a full clan season stick to Ranked sprint only - NOT full ranked seasons - And then during Ranked Seasons, add a few Clan brawl days !! This is a healthy and fun mix !! 

In 0.8.5 - you took a super fun event and battle mode - Savage battles and made it a 200 game grind that had me dreading the last several days and that is unfotrtunate - because it was really really fun... 

The symbols of France event is awesome to get some variety of ship play in the game queue - The fact that you added it during a FULL ranked and clan battles season means I will only be spamming these in Coop missions to get them done as quickly as possible and to ensure the victory in a single battle - I will simply not have the time to play for them the way i had hoped, taking some old favorite ships into normal random missions :(  

So please WG  - In the future - More is NOT always better ... Variety sure can be - but with the right mix ... Unfortunate you tainted this month with so much grind - It could have been an epic update instead of a dread. 

Careful or you will alienate and stress / burn out the casual gamer with so much "unattainable" content is what I hear a lot about ... most of us hard core veterans will get through much of this - but that does not mean it will feel fun 

Don't take my feedback too harshly,  because There really is a LOT of great stuff this update, and thank you for that! Just room for improvement on timing these events... 

Good hunting! 

Kar 

Kar - can't give you a thumbs up on this one as I am all out, but you are spot on.  Too many grinds in this game right now - if I ignore everything else I have to do around the house, I get maybe two hours of playtime an evening if I ignore my son (who is luckily playing his own video games for the most part).  I gave up on the Rogue Wave grind at the very start - there was no way I was going to be able to play enough games (let alone win enough!!).  The only grind I am willing to do these days is the 20 daily mission grind, and even that one is not that much of an interest to me some of the time.  It is no longer a rarity that I come home from work, look at the computer and just think - eh, not interested in playing tonite, I think I'll read a good book.......

[CRMSN]
Members
8,827 posts
9,677 battles

No thanks, WeeGee, you can keep your massive burnout grinds for yourselves, I have better things to do. Like shave with a belt sander.

• Cool 2

[TDRB]
Members
3,329 posts
10,229 battles

The unusual characteristics of their hulls: the hit points of the French destroyers’ hulls can be reduced to zero, just like the HP of ships’ ends. The result is that after receiving several hits, this part of the ship will receive just half the typical damage.

Can this be explained a little clearer?

[D-D-D]
Members
24 posts
12,180 battles

Gonna have to jump on the hate train a bit here as well.  Grind...  literally everything  in this game right now can be described with that one simple word.  Everything  is a grind no matter where you look.  I had a week of from work and that is literally  the only way I  had time to finish the rogue wave event.  I didn't  event try bothering with the rogue cave combat mode after trying 3 matches and deciding it wasn't  my cup of tea.  Events, new ships, hell even the NTC at it's basic concept is just that: More grind for everybody.  I get that you need to make players put in effort for the rewards, but its starting to get ridiculous wargaming.  I'm a casual player who only has the patience for Co-op which makes the grind that much worse in many respects.  My chosen game preference means my cries are going to get drowned out however due to the full time random players saying, "playing co-op makes what you say irrelevant."  This game is rapidly approaching the same time requirements, even just to keep up, as my full time job.

Don't even get me started on loot crates and all this early access crap.  I realize it's done to give everyone a chance to get as far as the t8 prior to the grind release without needing fxp dripping from their ears.  Heres my problem, I think these events would be better aligned to the ships if the early access meant they could actually be earned by completion of the event directives instead of random reward crates that take otherwise free ships and make them real money pits.  That way actual progress could in-fact be tied to the event instead of grinding for hours or even days for flags or special currencies.  The British CV early access and brit event where you could get the actual techline ships through the armory was the way to go in my opinion, and it opened the ships to players without locking them for another whole month behind the rng crate paywall. 

For that matter, and yeah I guess a little on the hypocritical end relative to where I  started, whatever happened to just releasing the new ship lines and letting  players actually  grind them out.  Make them actually have to play through the lower tiers and become accustomed to the line identity and actually make the lower tiers worth playing.  Yes of course you'd still have your fxp kings who'd  convert and jump right to t10, but I actually  enjoyed working my way through new ship lines back when that was a thing.  Now new ship lines just seem like wargaming money grabs with the early access bullcrap.  How's this one on for size.  I can't afford to play the game any more at this rate, and I doubt I'm the only one.  This free to play game is rapidly approaching a pay to win meta, and this is the perspective of a player who's been with the game for 4 years now.  I am a firm believer in that the only things that should have real money value in game are the premium ships and premium currencies.  Not the free techlines.  If players want to spend money for fxp conversion and dubloon conversion that's their choice.  Maybe I'm the only one who thinks this way, but I can't help thinking that at the very least y'all need to stop locking the free ships behind pay-to-win early access paywalls.  You've shown that you can make fixes on the fly with the CV rework.  If they release with bugs, then fix them as the live server data comes in.  They're free tech ships and therefore not protected by the premium ship promise.  The moment you make people pay for them out of pocket you make it harder for people to accept any changes or adjustments that need to be made to them.  Especially if those changes end up being nerfs.

Anyway,  I've put in my two cents.  Food for thought wargaming.

Edited by Wadres
  • Cool 3

Members
1 post

early access roflmao     in the russian bb debacle I got the t5 piece of rubbish, in the rn dd fail i got t5 /t8 so i will not be joining you esp after the rouge wave [edited]

• Cool 2

Members
8 posts
390 battles

No WAY?? They are nerfing CVs?? This is a joke right? I've been grinding for months just to get a CV that has 4 torp bombers in their attack run, and now they are removing it? What the [edited]????? What a let down, these changes will deter not attract players!!! Enough is enough

Please tell me I'm wrong, or will this new update remove the 4 torp attack run from CVs?

Edited by Flume123
  • Cool 2

[WOLFC]
Members
665 posts
6,159 battles
10 minutes ago, Graham_Walker said:

esp after the rouge wave

The rouge wave? Was that a special collab with a makeup company or something? Damn I missed it!

4 minutes ago, Flume123 said:

No [edited]WAY?? They are nerfing CVs?? I've been grinding for months just to get a CV that has 4 torp bombers in their attack run, and now they are removing it? What the [edited]????? What a let down, these changes will deter not attract players!!!

It's only the Hak getting nerfed (the AA damage recalculation is not a real nerf imo)... but I should warn you: WG is still tweaking AA, and they're testing - and will release - a different form of active AA defense and defensive AA fire consumable. I've heard good things about that, but once it's implemented if WG makes a mistake it could unbalance AA either against CVs or in favour of them, at least for the brief time it takes WG to rebalance AA.

Edited by Silisquish
  • Cool 1

[NWS]
Members
164 posts
5,152 battles
5 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

In general, aside from the Chung Mu/Yueyang debacle the balance changes aren't that bad.

Nevertheless,a worry of mine is that since Jutland got nerfed maybe Daring will be next in line.

The torpedo tubes reload was bad enough to start with, but now it could cost me the game, not to mention survival. There was really no need to touch the chung mu, but then wow always do this ships I like. 

• Cool 2
  • Angry 1

Members
8 posts
390 battles
10 minutes ago, Silisquish said:

The rouge wave? Was that a special collab with a makeup company or something? Damn I missed it!

It's only the Hak getting nerfed (the AA damage recalculation is not a real nerf imo)... but I should warn you: WG is still tweaking AA, and they're testing - and will release - a different form of active AA defense and defensive AA fire consumable. I've heard good things about that, but once it's implemented if WG makes a mistake it could unbalance AA either against CVs or in favour of them, at least for the brief time it takes WG to rebalance AA.

You are missing the point. The only fun part of the CV, was working towards that awesome 4 torpedo attack run. And now they remove it? So unless you buy a premium ship, this game is effectively implementing a paywall to the only fun part of CVs. What a travesty, this will backfire hardcore on WG. Shame on them!!!

[WOLFC]
Members
665 posts
6,159 battles
11 minutes ago, Flume123 said:

You are missing the point. The only fun part of the CV, was working towards that awesome 4 torpedo attack run. And now they remove it? So unless you buy a premium ship, this game is effectively implementing a paywall to the only fun part of CVs. What a travesty, this will backfire hardcore on WG. Shame on them!!!

Oh right, you only play IJN CVs so a nerf to Hak is a nerf to all CVs in your world. Anyways if you want to increase the odds of WG listenening to you, post your views in this thread: 

And pay attention to that section of the forums to get update news ahead of time

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
658 posts
11,931 battles

First, good change to the Kii and Gearing and minor tweak to Yueyang, thank you, unfortunately thus far, thats about all I like about this update....

That being said, I've said it before, but um, WHY do we even have tier 1-7?  If you are going to continuously offer to people ships ahead of time up to tier 8... Large groups of the population will have the 9's the first day they are out?  Oh wait, you can grind for the IX too... so TIER X DAY ONE! YAY! Just keep pressing the easy button and getting that $$$$ to get people up to tier 10 in a week or less...

ALSO, WHY would you increase the punishment to people that try to actually play in closer in a BRIT BB?  So NOW, you will have Conq's that already sit near the edge of their effective range, tryin to sit FURTHER back... 

Oh yeah and added ANOTHER currency to the game... still not giving me anything to spend my over a billion credits, over 2.6 million free XP (another 25 million convertable) and over 3 million capt XP on.....  Thanks...

ugh....

• Cool 1

[K0]
Members
1,728 posts
7,131 battles
2 hours ago, kgh52 said:

Can this be explained a little clearer?

It has to do with damage saturation and hull sections. In the same way that extremities like bow, stern, and superstructure areas can get saturated to the point of taking little to no damage from incoming fire, French DD midsections will get saturation reductions applied earlier. Most ships will die long before their midsections are saturated.

Edited by Flashtirade

Members
81 posts
12,334 battles

Wasn't Conqueror supposed to get increased repairable citadel dmg to correspond closer with the cruiser line? Conq is strong, but limited hp. (the least in class/tier) Yamato Kremlin are the only other t10 bb with exposed cit w/o effective turtleback. even with increased repair party back to original cooldown, it'll be difficult to recoup that little amount of hp, esp without improved citadel repair.

• Cool 1

[FORGV]
Members
29 posts
21,866 battles

Long awaited French Destroyers have arrived! 

Gun boats more than torp boats comes as a surprise. More to my liking. 

Long Life instead of capping and short life in every game.