Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Angel_of_the_Sea

How to Arsonist?

6 comments in this topic

Members
4 posts
2,854 battles

So I have a question on how to get the arsonist medal consistently. I just had a game in my Atlanta (With Demolition Expert) and no IFHE buff and got 17 fires 150k damage. But...no arsonist.

You'd think with that many fires I would have burned away at least 40% of someones hp, especially the 3-4 battleships i droned on for 5 straight minutes.

Is it because they are dying too fast for me to get the medal? I'll attach the replay and maybe someone can tell me.

20190722_200911_PASC006-Atlanta-1942_46_Estuary.wowsreplay

[N-W-T]
Members
1,919 posts
7,566 battles
18 minutes ago, Angel_of_the_Sea said:

You'd think with that many fires I would have burned away at least 40% of someones hp, especially the 3-4 battleships i droned on for 5 straight minutes.

You have to burn away 40%, but you have to get the kill, and it has to be by fire.  You can look at the post-battle result and see how much was direct damage, how much was fire, and who got the kill. 

[-K-]
Supertester
886 posts
9,555 battles

The issue isn't fires but the DCP of the enemy. If you get a BB that puts out 1 fire then you get the 2-3 after the DCP goes down that generally grants you the start for it.

Atlanta can do it but relies on the Dot doing the work and not you also shooting down the enemy hp.

Other boats that earn this easily are HE spammers like the Zao, Lion or Orion.

Members
420 posts
202 battles
17 minutes ago, _greifer said:

The issue isn't fires but the DCP of the enemy. If you get a BB that puts out 1 fire then you get the 2-3 after the DCP goes down that generally grants you the start for it.

Atlanta can do it but relies on the Dot doing the work and not you also shooting down the enemy hp.

Other boats that earn this easily are HE spammers like the Zao, Lion or Orion.

Since you included tier 4, I get them all the time in the Izyaslav. It's probably the easiest of all RU DD's to get it in.

Sign in to follow this