You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

Danger, Will Robinson

37 comments in this topic

[CNO]
Members
5,168 posts
16,241 battles

Trying to help a T4 BB out.  I couldn't get upset that he ignored me...I remember those days. 

warning.jpg.4f3aa97890652f146bdfe8b1d81c1316.jpg

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3
  • Angry 2

[WOLF9]
Privateers
11,439 posts
4,529 battles

Some if them don't read the mini-map, much less chat.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
3,108 posts
10,571 battles
45 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Trying to help a T4 BB out.  I couldn't get upset that he ignored me...I remember those days. 

I never bothered looking, but ive seen in WoT and in the past there were options to turn off team chat.

[KAPPA]
Members
2,093 posts
6,970 battles
2 hours ago, iDuckman said:

I had the reverse problem, myself. My attention span is horrible, so I tend to tunnel vision. For me, at least, the chat is hard to miss. Map, however, has been a struggle. Playing CV has actually helped a ton, as a lot of my flying is done while looking at it, especially near fighters and while looking for DDs. This bled into my recent DD play, as seeing where the planes are is pretty important in a CV match. Usually manage to keep safe by early care. Lets me then charge the cap, and-

Whoops, I'm rambling. Sorry.

[RKLES]
Members
10,704 posts
12,355 battles
5 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Think some don’t even look around their ship, or sometimes I wonder if they are looking at the computer screen at all...

[ARGSY]
Members
15,087 posts
9,812 battles
7 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

I couldn't get upset that he ignored me...I remember those days. 

The good old days (LOL) where you went into binocular view at the start and never came out of it until the end - whatever end that happened to be.

Unless we'd ground out a lot of destroyers and cruisers beforehand, our first T4 battleship was always a case of newbies making newbie mistakes. It's why I forgive team damage and stupid play very easily at very low tiers, and try to give advice rather than berate. OTOH the Atago who torped me in the back last night when I was trying to push and ram a Massachusetts in my Richelieu doesn't have that excuse. He was greedy for the kill and negligent in his behaviour; he'd already torped directly into my path once in that battle, and he blew my engines/steering out at a critical moment so that I lost momentum and the enemy BB was able to dodge. The health it cost me made the rest of the difference, and the enemy BB or one of his allies managed to gun me down before I could get the ram.

The Atago died shortly thereafter, most probably to the battleship whose destruction he'd averted by torping me. Fitting, really.

• Cool 1

[YORHA]
Members
4,448 posts
8,460 battles

Assuming you play on NA there is a chance that he/she didn't even speak English.  Between 4-8PM ET the population of ESL (at best) players sometimes swells to unworkable levels.  Given their unfamiliarity with english and their... ummm... unique play style is why we need a South American Server.

Edited by JCC45
  • Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
15,087 posts
9,812 battles
20 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

their... ummm... unique play style

Do enlarge.

[CNO]
Members
5,168 posts
16,241 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The good old days (LOL) where you went into binocular view at the start and never came out of it until the end - whatever end that happened to be.

^^^This^^^  That is so true.

These guys are still learning.  It's just interesting to realize how much you internalize over the years.  I KNEW the Exeter had launched torps.   A WASD (well, a D, actually) at any point over about a 30 second period would have avoided them.  But this BB was straight and steady the entire time...no change in course at all.  He might not have even known Exeter had torps.  But again...I was that captain many moons ago.  All part of the learning experience.    

Interestingly, even the Exeter played sub optimally.  He launched at a point where a simple WASD would defeat the shot.  He also gave the Wyoming a beautiful broadside after launching.  He was relying on a player who would not WASD, could not shoot, and RNG dispersion of a T4 BB.  I would have gone thin, driven right up to the Wyoming, and unloaded from point blank...eliminating the WASD defense.  

[ARGSY]
Members
15,087 posts
9,812 battles
4 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

I would have gone thin, driven right up to the Wyoming, and unloaded from point blank...eliminating the WASD defense.  

I was late to American battleships, and ground the Wyoming after many thousands of games under my belt. I also have an Exeter, and I know how terrifyingly fragile that thing is. If you're wrong about the BB driver's level of experience, it can potentially end very, very badly, even bow-in.

[A-I-M]
Members
2,217 posts
11,364 battles
10 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

I think my parting shot would would have been:

”(Siiiiiigggghhhhhhh) Your OTHER right.”

• Funny 1

[CUTEZ]
-Members-
1,641 posts
1,067 battles
11 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Hey Soshi_Sone,

This has happened to the best of us, getting dev struck that is. This could be the simple case that the player just doesn't read chat. This might be the simple case that it was a newer player and doesn't understand the mechanics as well as veteran players. The player could also be stuck in binocular mode trying to aim at a ship and didn't realize what was happening.

Good job trying to give the player a heads up!

[PQUOD]
Members
3,042 posts
11,657 battles
1 hour ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

I think my parting shot would would have been:

”(Siiiiiigggghhhhhhh) Your OTHER right.”

Sounds like my dad when I was a kid 🤣

• Cool 1

[WHS]
Members
303 posts
9,754 battles

Maybe he did turn hard right then, he just couldn't quite... ahem... show you, if you know what I mean

[-TKS-]
Members
1,014 posts
8,024 battles
12 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Hilarious.. thanks for sharing. I have been on both ends of that exchange. sometimes you just don't see the warnings In time. 

[A-I-M]
Members
2,217 posts
11,364 battles
3 minutes ago, ElvenRed said:

Maybe he did turn hard right then, he just couldn't quite... ahem... show you, if you know what I mean

Its the internet, maybe he already was.

[5IN]
Members
304 posts
21,892 battles
12 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Rumor has it OP is now in a straight jacket rocking slowly in a padded room having only spoken three words since posting.... Hard Right Now.... I started a GoFundMe for aftercare and hospice

[OO7]
Members
5,753 posts
12,700 battles

@Soshi_Sone dude, there are 1-900 numbers if you want people to respond to chat like that. 

:Smile_hiding:

Edited by Ducky_shot

[WOLF9]
Privateers
11,439 posts
4,529 battles

What would have been even funnier, chat box: :

T4 BB: ddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

• Funny 1

[WOLFG]
Members
6,912 posts
4,942 battles
7 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Have you been stalking me in game?

• Funny 1

[KMK]
Members
215 posts
9,349 battles
3 hours ago, JCC45 said:

Assuming you play on NA there is a chance that he/she didn't even speak English.  Between 4-8PM ET the population of ESL (at best) players sometimes swells to unworkable levels.  Given their unfamiliarity with english and their... ummm... unique play style is why we need a South American Server.

You voted for the Wall isnt it?  

• Cool 1
  • Confused 2

[PQUOD]
Members
3,042 posts
11,657 battles
1 hour ago, iDuckman said:

Sometimes it's faster to just hit "Enter" and show the world instead of holding "Backspace" for the same two minutes you was holding "D" wondering why you wasn't turning. 🤣

[PQUOD]
Members
3,042 posts
11,657 battles
44 minutes ago, Feyevich said:

You voted for the Wall isnt it?  

Not really that. We have members in our clan from across the pond that uses translators so we can communicate. Just a slight language barrier. They are awesome players. Better than me for sure. We just keep communication simple. It works more efficiently that way.

[7RET]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
124 posts
9,647 battles
13 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Not really that. We have members in our clan from across the pond that uses translators so we can communicate. Just a slight language barrier. They are awesome players. Better than me for sure. We just keep communication simple. It works more efficiently that way.

Things sure do get interesting when you have a mixed language clan. I remember back when I running a guild in Star Wars the Old Republic. Half our clan was French Canadian, the rest spoke English. During Raid Night we'd have to call everything out and then have a designated translation officer. I always thought it was kind of a cool situation outside of the occasional frustration.

• Cool 1