You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
jsharpe3

How many ranked Battles did it take to rank out?

35 comments in this topic

[JHSAV]
Members
63 posts
4,561 battles

Hello everyone,

Well, the latest season of rank sprint had me up to 124 battles to rank out. Just wondering how everyone else did? And yes it was a tad frustrating but was it worth it for me to get 10k coal? What do you think?

One positive note, I must say the bullying and trash talk was at a very very minimal amount. Which made it more tolerable for myself since I am not a very good player. That wears on you while grinding through a season.

• Cool 1

[SOFOP]
Members
1,585 posts
10,531 battles

20 games I think.  Sprints are much better than the regular ranked.

[JHSAV]
Members
63 posts
4,561 battles

For sure. At least there are more irrevocable ranks. But having to go from Rank 12 to 1 is just unmerciful lol

[RNG]
Members
662 posts
4,075 battles

21 games in the latest one. Irrevocable ranks make it so much easier.

[OO7]
Members
5,758 posts
12,700 battles

Congrats, you scored way higher than me. I would like to get high scores in this game, but I was only able to get 19.

Edited by Ducky_shot

[-K-]
Members
882 posts
9,511 battles

Sadly my highest number ever for a sprint. 24.

20 in the Abruzzi, was nice to have a fun boat to play. 

[PQUOD]
Members
3,062 posts
11,668 battles

67, I'm average at best in randoms, below average in Ranked sprint. 

Reaching Rank 9 in regular rank is ranking out for me.

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
3,113 posts
10,577 battles

Ranked out after 31 battles. Those 31 felt like 301 looking back.

Hats off to you determination i couldn't slog 124 battles.

[TBW]
Members
8,613 posts
15,469 battles

ask Mr Owl,

See, the old Dawg has new tricks. Just have to break out with Mr Owl.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[VW]
Members
3,212 posts
16,263 battles
2 hours ago, jsharpe3 said:

For sure. At least there are more irrevocable ranks. But having to go from Rank 12 to 1 is just unmerciful lol

The longer you are in the harder it gets since there are less players who know what they are doing. I would suggest starting as soon as it starts and watching how successful players play. (Hint the guy who starts the match saying « stay together » has no clue). Remember you need 2 caps to win and killing people is primarily a means to controlling those caps, not the primary purpose of the match.

[WOLFC]
Members
254 posts
14,119 battles

27 games to rank out.

It got easier when I focused on playing Destroyers and remembered to NOT charge in and die :p

[KSE]
Members
87 posts
3,938 battles

21 Battles, for both sprint seasons 5 and 6. Which is a bit funny that it took the exact same amount each time.

[NOSOS]
Members
47 posts
4,302 battles

I just played a ranked game and... well... I guess i won't be playing that anymore.  I didn't really realize what it was I guess before I wandered in.  I'm just not good enough for it.  I don't even do well in random.  I can tell people get frustrated with a slow learner like myself.  Co-op  was just getting too boring to keep playing so I decided to start playing more in random.

Guess I'll keep learning and plugging along.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
882 posts
9,511 battles
32 minutes ago, blopplop_2019 said:

I just played a ranked game and... well... I guess i won't be playing that anymore.  I didn't really realize what it was I guess before I wandered in.  I'm just not good enough for it.  I don't even do well in random.  I can tell people get frustrated with a slow learner like myself.  Co-op  was just getting too boring to keep playing so I decided to start playing more in random.

Guess I'll keep learning and plugging along.

Random games are where you get better. Stick to mid low tiers to get the experience you seek. All modes are for everyone, but doing well in them takes the effort

• Cool 1

[NOSOS]
Members
47 posts
4,302 battles
4 minutes ago, _greifer said:

Random games are where you get better. Stick to mid low tiers to get the experience you seek. All modes are for everyone, but doing well in them takes the effort

Thanks for the tip.  I already own an tier 8 & 9 ship.  Being very green, it didn't occur to me that higher tiered ships meant more would be expected from me as a player.  I appreciate the comments in another thread I read tonight about learning more before I wander into the big boy territory.  I acquired the higher tier ships because I thought it would make the game more fun.  Now I'm learning that I'm probably just getting in the way of better players.  Live and learn.  I sure do have a lot to learn. I hope I can get good without being too much of a liability for the more skilled players. 

Blessings...

• Cool 2

Members
1,326 posts
95 battles

Season 5 it took me 20 battles to rank out, season 6 I didn't really enjoy the game mode so after 30-odd games I stopped at rank 5 and didn't bother playing annoying game mode for an amazing reward of 10k coal.

[WOLFC]
Members
618 posts
22,385 battles

25 matches for Sprint 5

31 matches for Sprint 6

In both rounds I tried a variety of ships before settling on one or two that were working well for me. In Sprint 5 is was the Belfast and Haida. In Sprint 6 is was the Jervis.

[PQUOD]
Members
3,062 posts
11,668 battles
2 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

. (Hint the guy who starts the match saying « stay together » has no clue)

I have no clue. However that's when the teams I was on started winning. I just made a announcement that we didn't have voice coms to stick together nothing fancy. May have just been coincidence but started winning. This was in Epicenter.

[FML]
Members
3,160 posts
13,501 battles
5 hours ago, jsharpe3 said:

Hello everyone,

Well, the latest season of rank sprint had me up to 124 battles to rank out. Just wondering how everyone else did? And yes it was a tad frustrating but was it worth it for me to get 10k coal? What do you think?

One positive note, I must say the bullying and trash talk was at a very very minimal amount. Which made it more tolerable for myself since I am not a very good player. That wears on you while grinding through a season.

Ouch, 124 battles is a lot for a Ranked Sprint. 

Still, ranked really is the crucible where you learn things (often the hard way). In my own experience, I had a step change improvement to WR and damage in randoms after each (normal) Ranked season that eventually plateaued - and then had a step change improvement after the following Ranked season as I learnt new things. Like how to aim better, dodge incoming fire better, positioning, escape routes, understanding my ship’s role better and prioritising high impact targets (ie, shoot at DDs). 

Still, I’m a moderately good player and it still took me 32 battles to rank out in this Sprint mode. To be fair, it also took 11 battles to get my first win (9 times saved my star, not that it mattered as I had none...)

Sigh.

[VW]
Members
3,212 posts
16,263 battles
1 hour ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

I have no clue. However that's when the teams I was on started winning. I just made a announcement that we didn't have voice coms to stick together nothing fancy. May have just been coincidence but started winning. This was in Epicenter.

Epicenter is a bit different, however when you have talented players, a dd and a bb or a ca and a bb can flank and get the citadel shots while the rest put up a fight. Of course a really talented player can do that alone. You also need to be prepared to stop an enemy attempt to do so, as well as to deny torps from striking the group. 

In any event i would say playing as a team is the secret to success, not grouping up in and of itself: i’ve seen plenty of losses come from groups staying together, but not focusing fire, not shooting dds, or not capping.

Edited by monpetitloup

[KSE]
Beta Testers
1,564 posts
14,682 battles

22 for Sprint season 6, it would have been more if not for winning the last 9 in a row with the Duke of York.  I normally play DD  only and while the Haida worked for me in domination mode, I was having a harder time being effective in epicenter.

[O_O]
Members
5,698 posts
13,040 battles

14 games in Ranked Sprint 5 to hit Rank 1.

24 games in Ranked Sprint 6 to hit Rank 1.