You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
G13Homi

carriers

27 comments in this topic

[PMWC1]
Beta Testers
38 posts
9,892 battles

honestly, how many people would revolt against WG if they just removed them?

Honestly?

Then, if you wont remove them for sake of lame-[edited]pride, how about removing all concealment.  Show them,  make their detection high, except line of sight.  Dont nerf them out of existence, but make them accountable for their actions and or route.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 6
  • Angry 1

[TARK]
Members
4,224 posts
1,630 battles
2 minutes ago, G13Homi said:

Honestly?

Then, if you wont remove them for sake of lame-[edited]pride, how about removing all concealment.  Show them,  make their detection high, except line of sight.  Dont nerf them out of existence, but make them accountable for their actions and or route.

I would revolt.

Honestly.

Spotting is a good thing that makes the game better.

Change my mind.

• Cool 3
  • Confused 3

[WORX]
Members
6,511 posts
16,196 battles
2 minutes ago, G13Homi said:

Hmmm not a bad trade off, wont remove CVs then make them the only ship class without concealment... Pre work, bad idea... Now BRILLIANT!

[KNCOL]
Members
620 posts
1,604 battles
5 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

I would revolt.

Honestly.

Spotting is a good thing that makes the game better.

Change my mind.

I would be not happy too.

[KNCOL]
Members
620 posts
1,604 battles
11 minutes ago, G13Homi said:

Honestly?

Instead of whining about wanting carriers gone (which won't happen) or nerfing them to the point of where they are useless how about we actually try and discuss ideas on how to improve and balance carriers, surface ships, and AA?

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,685 posts
19 minutes ago, G13Homi said:

Honestly?

The people who earned them, payed money for premiums and enjoy playing them.

I am one of them.  I own and play all the available line ships and what, $200 worth of premiums?  Whatever the value of all the current premiums are.

• Cool 1

[N-W-T]
Members
1,919 posts
7,566 battles
9 minutes ago, Koogus said:

Instead of whining about wanting carriers gone (which won't happen) or nerfing them to the point of where they are useless how about we actually try and discuss ideas on how to improve and balance carriers, surface ships, and AA?

The ability to balance CVs vs the other ships is demonstrated in the below chart.  When the 2 lines cross, balance will be achieved. 

Balance.jpg

• Boring 1

[KNCOL]
Members
620 posts
1,604 battles
3 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

The ability to balance CVs vs the other ships is demonstrated in the below chart.  When the 2 lines cross, balance will be achieved. 

Balance.jpg

Please explain to me why they can't be balanced?

[N-W-T]
Members
1,919 posts
7,566 battles
2 minutes ago, Koogus said:

There is no counter to them until late-game.  Their spotting is "borderline overpowered" (recent quote by sub-octavian).  CVs and other ships are playing 2 different games.  It's like putting a QB into a basketball game and debating how many downs he gets, and how many times he has to to dribble the football before passing it into the hoop. 

• Confused 2

[RLGN]
Members
12,054 posts
21,616 battles
37 minutes ago, G13Homi said:

Show them,  make their detection high, except line of sight.  Dont nerf them out of existence, but make them accountable for their actions and or route.

So; force them to stay even FURTHER to the rear, like so many already complain they do?

[KNCOL]
Members
620 posts
1,604 battles
13 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

There is no counter to them until late-game.  Their spotting is "borderline overpowered" (recent quote by sub-octavian).  CVs and other ships are playing 2 different games.  It's like putting a QB into a basketball game and debating how many downs he gets, and how many times he has to to dribble the football before passing it into the hoop. 

I can see it being possible to balance carriers where they have some counters (for example, get rid of rockets and allow CVs to choose both ap and he dive bombs. Now hitting destroyers will be hard but still possible with some skill and luck and now that DDs are harder to kill can be more effective in CV hunting )

For improving spotting they could make it  where there is a delay before your team gets the spot or (what I would prefer) being spotted by a CV will only make you show up on the map until friendly ships are close enough to your aircraft then when friendlys get close enough to your aircraft that are spotting a target it can relay a complete spot to them.

Sorry if there is any bad spelling or grammar

Edited by Koogus
Spelling and grammar garbage
  • Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Members
3,974 posts
49 minutes ago, G13Homi said:

Honestly?

Quite a few; the majority of the players on the SEA server play carriers. 

[DYNO]
Members
297 posts
10,185 battles

@Wombatmetal do you play on SEA much? I did a 2nd account on EU and find it very relaxing compared to NA. If it is CV friendly, I'd be tempted to make another acct there.

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
3,124 posts
10,587 battles
1 hour ago, G13Homi said:

Honestly?

You can count me as one of them. Were here for 20th century naval warfare not pirates of the Caribbean. :cap_horn:

Members
516 posts
4,309 battles
1 minute ago, Crokodone said:

You can count me as one of them. Were here for 20th century naval warfare not pirates of the Caribbean. :cap_horn:

Speak for yourself. I’m here for both. I want flying krakens shooting rockets overhead while my Queen Elizabeth is circling a giant whirlpool with a Bayern on the other side. :cap_rambo:

• Cool 1

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
3,124 posts
10,587 battles
1 minute ago, I_Potato_Ther4_I_Yam said:

Speak for yourself. I’m here for both. I want flying krakens shooting rockets overhead while my Queen Elizabeth is circling a giant whirlpool with a Bayern on the other side. :cap_rambo:

If you read the OP's thread he's taking opinions; i gave mine you gave yours but make no mistake, I'm no CV player and I support my fellow CV drivers 150%. If you have a problem with people with a different mind than you the forums isn't a setting ou want to be in: to each their own.

There are games out there that properly mimicks or simulates age of sail combat in either a historical or fantasy setting. Don't try to turn WoWs into one.

Members
516 posts
4,309 battles
2 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

If you read the OP's thread he's taking opinions; i gave mine you gave yours but make no mistake, I'm no CV player and I support my fellow CV drivers 150%. If you have a problem with people with a different mind than you the forums isn't a setting ou want to be in: to each their own.

There are games out there that properly mimicks or simulates age of sail combat in either a historical or fantasy setting. Don't try to turn WoWs into one.

I was making a joke about Pirates of the Caribbean. The one with Davy Jones. I can’t remember the full title. 

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
3,124 posts
10,587 battles
8 minutes ago, I_Potato_Ther4_I_Yam said:

I was making a joke about Pirates of the Caribbean. The one with Davy Jones. I can’t remember the full title. 

Pirates of the Caribbean: at worlds end. The third one. :fish_viking:

• Cool 1

[PSP]
Members
10,015 posts
1 hour ago, G13Homi said:

Every time someone creates a carrier thread I go play my Midway. See you in the game!

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[KAPPA]
Members
2,132 posts
7,006 battles
31 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Every time someone creates a carrier thread I go play my Midway. See you in the game!

Not a bad idea.

• Cool 2

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
12,285 posts
17,786 battles
2 hours ago, Koogus said:

OK. I'm pretty much loving the balance right now, how about you?

2 hours ago, Koogus said:

Please explain to me how you balance air power against gun power?

1 hour ago, I_Potato_Ther4_I_Yam said:

Carriers are WARSHIPS.

No, they're not, as they don't fight; they send off their planes to fight, which makes them floating airports with attack craft, not warships. IF they were warships they would have OFFENSIVE weapons, and not just defensive ones.

• Confused 1

[IND8]
Members
530 posts
8,353 battles

I try hard to obey forum rules, but every time I see a "remove CV" thread, my inner smartass has to be suppressed to keep me from going full troll on them, and trust me, nobody likes me when I start trolling.

FYI, Enterprise had how many battle stars? And you want her removed from a naval game set in her era? Yeah that would go over well...

Members
2,476 posts
86 battles
3 hours ago, TheTrickpony said:

@Wombatmetal do you play on SEA much? I did a 2nd account on EU and find it very relaxing compared to NA. If it is CV friendly, I'd be tempted to make another acct there.

Believe me, the Asia server is the most friendly server when it comes to CV players. There's only a few complainers and people there already adapted their playstyle to account for CV presence. And this is speaking from experience.

[WORX]
Members
6,511 posts
16,196 battles
4 minutes ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

FYI, Enterprise had how many battle stars? And you want her removed from a naval game set in her era?

WOWS in game CV role doesn't live up to the Big E reputation, prestige or her accomplishment.  Removing CVs now, best choice they can do...

• Angry 1