You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RockChunker

Clan tech tree ships

12 comments in this topic

[QCM]
Members
72 posts
5,518 battles

Greetings everyone,

I was bored and looking thru the tech tree tonight, and for the first time clicked on "Clans".  The Russian Destroyer looked interesting and I noticed a tab that said "PURCHASE".  Now, I have little to no clan battles (low tier ships) and wondered, "How do I have the ability to purchase this T10 DD?"  Realizing that I have little experience in the clan dept., I decided to ask the experts, (That's YOU guys...lol)  So, can someone educate me a little on how getting these clan ships work?  Like, are they only good for clan battles etc.?   Thanks for your help..

Rockchunker

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,816 posts
3,777 battles

'Clan ships' arent a thing (unless you count ships for resources earned in clan battles like steel). The name of the ship would help loads here. The only tier 10 Russian DDs are the two tech tree ships, which you earn for free by playing the game.

[WOLFB]
Members
3,005 posts
12,593 battles

First, there isn't a single clan tech tree ship. Every tech tree ship you see in game can be purchased after you grind the line. Say you want Grozoboi, you just grind the soviet DD line then go for Ogneboi instead of Kiev.

[ANZ4C]
Beta Testers
1,310 posts

could be referring to the three (nine) free ships that you can get to use specifically for clan wars for a period of time to rent.

[WMD]
Members
1,083 posts
7,940 battles

Clan tech doesn't get introduced until 3049 when the clans invade the Inner Sphere. 

4b00ea7800cc964000c02c284c852dc3.png

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[N-W-T]
Members
1,918 posts
7,557 battles
56 minutes ago, RockChunker said:

I was bored and looking thru the tech tree tonight, and for the first time clicked on "Clans".  The Russian Destroyer looked interesting and I noticed a tab that said "PURCHASE"

There's something wrong with this description.  There's no "Clans" section of the tech tree.  If you clicked the Clans button to the right of the Profile button at the top of the page, there's nothing to "Purchase" on the clan port view (if you weren't in a clan, there would be the option to create a clan for doubloons, but you're already in one, so that's moot here). 

34 minutes ago, Dareios said:

could be referring to the three (nine) free ships that you can get to use specifically for clan wars for a period of time to rent.

That's not going on right now, and there were no rental ships for the recent clan brawls.  You can't "purchase" them anyway, which was his (confusing) question. 

[QCM]
Members
72 posts
5,518 battles

Ok, Perhaps I can clarify this some.  First I click on Tech Tree.  When that opens, I see on the left a column of Nations.  First there is Clans.  Underneath that there is Japan, then USA, then USSR and so on down the list.  I clicked on "Clans" and in the new window, there was a list of ships which had a silver zero for the cost.  I clicked on the tier X "GROZOVOI".  A new window opened where I choose if I want to buy a slot, and then choose the experience of a new Captain.  Since I am out of gold, and have no spare slots, I closed the window.  Hence, I am curious if the ship "GROZOVOI" would be playable in game modes like Random, or would it be limited to some other mode of play, like clan only battles.  I hope this clears some things up.  Thanks for your input!

RockChunker

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,816 posts
3,777 battles
19 minutes ago, RockChunker said:

Ok, Perhaps I can clarify this some.  First I click on Tech Tree.  When that opens, I see on the left a column of Nations.  First there is Clans.  Underneath that there is Japan, then USA, then USSR and so on down the list.  I clicked on "Clans" and in the new window, there was a list of ships which had a silver zero for the cost.  I clicked on the tier X "GROZOVOI".  A new window opened where I choose if I want to buy a slot, and then choose the experience of a new Captain.  Since I am out of gold, and have no spare slots, I closed the window.  Hence, I am curious if the ship "GROZOVOI" would be playable in game modes like Random, or would it be limited to some other mode of play, like clan only battles.  I hope this clears some things up.  Thanks for your input!

RockChunker

So yes, Groz is a tech tree tier 10 that you have to grind up and earn. A screenshot might help solve the issue. I'm not aware of any ship being given for free in WoWS because you are in a clan... Let alone a tier 10. If you got a pic of that 'clans' tab, please do share. 

1735554937_2019-07-22(7).thumb.png.6e31aed817218e08448efea248d2e30f.png

Here is a photo of my Russian tech tree, with the Grozovoi being at the very end. I did not see any 'clan' tab in the top left...

(Yes, I don't get around my Russian ships, I am aware:Smile_hiding:)

Members
80 posts

He likely has mods, probably the Extended Tech Tree mod. I have it and I can see the Clan tab on the top left.

OP, these ships are not 'unique', the Grozovoi can also be found in the Soviet tech tree as the alternate T10 DD. They are given out for free as temporary rentals during Clan Battles seasons to anyone who plays a battle in a T8+ ship of the same class or something like that. They are restricted to playing in Clan Battles and are meant to help new people in clans participate in CB's if they don't have their own T10's already. These rentals can't mount camouflage but are otherwise the same as the normal tech tree versions. They were also enabled for the last season of ranked (to the displeasure of many).

Anyway I didn't realise you could click the purchase button on them, I don't know what happens if you buy one but you won't be able to play it in randoms.

• Cool 1

[PENND]
Members
346 posts
6,206 battles
4 hours ago, VeatherVitch said:

Clan tech doesn't get introduced until 3049 when the clans invade the Inner Sphere. 

4b00ea7800cc964000c02c284c852dc3.png

MECHWARRIOR BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[QCM]
Members
72 posts
5,518 battles
On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 11:36 PM, Crimson_19 said:

He likely has mods, probably the Extended Tech Tree mod. I have it and I can see the Clan tab on the top left.

OP, these ships are not 'unique', the Grozovoi can also be found in the Soviet tech tree as the alternate T10 DD. They are given out for free as temporary rentals during Clan Battles seasons to anyone who plays a battle in a T8+ ship of the same class or something like that. They are restricted to playing in Clan Battles and are meant to help new people in clans participate in CB's if they don't have their own T10's already. These rentals can't mount camouflage but are otherwise the same as the normal tech tree versions. They were also enabled for the last season of ranked (to the displeasure of many).

Anyway I didn't realise you could click the purchase button on them, I don't know what happens if you buy one but you won't be able to play it in randoms.

Yep Crimson, that explains a lot.  Yes, I use the ASLANS mod and that was why I was seeing the Clans tab.  Thanks for your answer!  When I get brave enough I will click "Purchase" and see what happens.  I'll post the results

RockChunker

[WOLF6]
Members
388 posts
3,153 battles
12 minutes ago, RockChunker said:

Yep Crimson, that explains a lot.  Yes, I use the ASLANS mod and that was why I was seeing the Clans tab.  Thanks for your answer!  When I get brave enough I will click "Purchase" and see what happens.  I'll post the results

RockChunker

Nothing happens.  You can't buy them.  It's an artifact of the extended tree mod.

Clan rentals are only active during clan battle season, and the ones that are active are provided for free.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Clan_Battles#Rental_Ships