Sign in to follow this  
Joe_918145

Random team OPs in the evenings

6 comments in this topic

[ICOP]
Members
306 posts
14,039 battles

I've found playing OPs during the day is often a very worthwhile experience.  Odds are good with Narai or Killer Whale that 5 stars will greet you at the end of the battle.  But in the evenings it seems that half of the team has never played the op nor do they seem willing to take any advice when it is obvious they are going full potato.  The result very often is as follows - 

2020543758_Screenshot(4).thumb.png.c448385c6df2bc16e10754929ff50fba.png

This was just one of 4 loses tonight, and it seems to me that it is a waste of good signal flags to play in the evenings.   In the above battle every BB either went for the transports or the CV.  LOL! 

Is it just me or have others experienced the same pattern?

• Cool 2

[KAPPA]
Members
2,094 posts
6,970 battles

Personally, I try to avoid ops on the weekends. Weekend players are a mixed bag in random, as you get some on both teams, but ops? Ugh...

• Cool 1

[WOLF7]
Members
12,288 posts
1 hour ago, Joe_918145 said:

I've found playing OPs during the day is often a very worthwhile experience.  Odds are good with Narai or Killer Whale that 5 stars will greet you at the end of the battle.  But in the evenings it seems that half of the team has never played the op nor do they seem willing to take any advice when it is obvious they are going full potato.  The result very often is as follows - 

2020543758_Screenshot(4).thumb.png.c448385c6df2bc16e10754929ff50fba.png

This was just one of 4 loses tonight, and it seems to me that it is a waste of good signal flags to play in the evenings.   In the above battle every BB either went for the transports or the CV.  LOL! 

Is it just me or have others experienced the same pattern?

I've had the opposite experience. During the day the amount of bad play is astounding, it seems to get better late PST. 

And I'd sure like to know what the heck got into cruiser players...suddenly half of them refuse to enter the harbor and try to snipe from outside. If they could shoot it would probably wouldn't matter much, but most of them can't.

[TSF_1]
Members
3,174 posts
6,996 battles

Player skill in the Ops has gone through the floor since they paused half of them. Bad players can't read the secondary objectives, and they're trying  because someone (intelligent) has said that it's an easy way to grind XP, etc. (for them), and they expect the same.

Ultimate frontier wasn't that hard, but foolish players started trying to farm ops.

[KAPPA]
Members
2,094 posts
6,970 battles
2 hours ago, pewpewpew42 said:

Player skill in the Ops has gone through the floor since they paused half of them. Bad players can't read the secondary objectives, and they're trying  because someone (intelligent) has said that it's an easy way to grind XP, etc. (for them), and they expect the same.

Ultimate frontier wasn't that hard, but foolish players started trying to farm ops.

Pretty much this. Ops are great xp! ...If you have half a clue what you're doing, and actually understand the concept of team play.

When the BBs often stay behind the transports in Narai, or ahead of the incoming ships in defense, they not only won't do much but will often endanger the cruisers left to fend for themselves! At these tiers, cruisers only rarely have a heal at all, and these BBs don't help.

And don't even get me started on DDs... DD is a hard type of ship to use in random, but that difficulty is typically multiplied in ops! I'd honestly prefer that they devise some DD-only ops and not allow them in most. I and many others are able to swing it, but those that are stubborn even if they are incapable are far more detrimental than we are helpful.

Honestly, more often than not, I feel that the healing areas are used as a crutch. Just give us passive regen and these people might start using less detrimentally passive tactics! Defense isn't hard, most people just try to attack swarms of bow-on ships and expect the Force to guide their shots.

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
254 posts
14,080 battles

Played a Narai game a few hours ago where a Scharnhorst followed a cruiser to go after the Transports.

The Missouri stayed alive long enough to sink 2 of our convoy.

To paraphrase the Sharnhorst commander "It wasn't his fault the other 3 ships (that stayed with the convoy) couldn't sink the Missouri".  The problem was we had no Destroyers in the game and none of the ships that stayed with the convoy had torps, and torps are the best way to sink/do a lot of damage to the Missouri.

*sigh*

But, if i really got upset about players like that I'd go into the (in game) Operations channel or go to the Hoperations Discord and get in a division of people who know what works in Operations (or are willing to learn).

I get enough 4 & 5 star wins to make putting up with players like that worthwhile :)

Sign in to follow this