You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

Mountain Moma

8 comments in this topic

[CNO]
Members
5,181 posts
16,291 battles

Man, I'm starting to like this ship.  Those 16 inchers rock, and at T6 no less. Sooo many options against equal tier opponents.  I have Mutsu too, but for some reason, the West Virginia just works better for me.

• Cool 1

[KAPPA]
Members
2,132 posts
7,006 battles
1 hour ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Man, I'm starting to like this ship.  Those 16 inchers rock, and at T6 no less. Sooo many options against equal tier opponents.  I have Mutsu too, but for some reason, the West Virginia just works better for me.

It's the dynamic of the guns. Most BBs down there either gets good penetration or overmatch. WV gets both.

Members
3,200 posts
4,322 battles
3 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Mutsu, uses the super terrible APC shells that the IJN duct taped fins on and used as AP bombs. 

[RLGN]
Members
12,054 posts
21,616 battles
13 minutes ago, StoneRhino said:

Mutsu, uses the super terrible APC shells that the IJN duct taped fins on and used as AP bombs. 

"OUCH!
Hey, is that duct ta..."
-USS Arizona

• Funny 1
  • Angry 1

[--V--]
Members
1,043 posts
12,248 battles
9 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

When she first came out and I got her, I was averaging around 90k damage per match.  Just clicked right away.  I've since gotten sloppy I guess cause my avg in her is down.  But I still lover her.  Have Admiral Halsey as her skipper.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
7,336 posts
12,029 battles

I've been mildly intrigued with West Virginia '41 for those guns, but that's about it.  She really brings nothing else to the table that I can't get from ships like New Mexico and Arizona.

Plus, being on the West Virginia '44 bandwagon, I don't really like the idea of supporting the wrong ship that was introduced in the first place.  Nor the naming scheme.  Should have called her Maryland instead, but WG decided to milk everything they could from the value of the West Virginia name.