You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
The_Massacrerer

Best US ship for Alexander Ovechkin?

28 comments in this topic

[0456]
Members
68 posts
7,606 battles

I'm wondering what the best US ship is for the American version of Alexander Ovechkin? He has bonuses on Expert Marksman, and Survivability Expert, 

Currently, I'm running him on my Georgia, but I don't think that's the best fit. 

I would like to switch him over to a new ship on an upcoming captain respec, and I'm curious as to what people think would be the best fit for him.

Thanks!

[SALVO]
Members
22,944 posts
23,545 battles

Expert Marksman and SE are basically a DD combo of skills, though higher tier USN DDs don't really need EM.  The Ovechkin captain is probably better suited for use on Russian DDs.  But seeing as you asked about the USN version, I'm not sure that there's a good answer.  Maybe if you have a mid tier USN DD that you want to keep, that might be a good ship for Ovechkin, since mid tier USN DDs' turret rotation isn't superfast.

However, if you only want to use one of the two upgraded skills, your options would open up greatly.  Upgraded SE would be great for any DD, while upgraded EM would be great on any ship where you would use that skill.

[WOLF3]
Members
22,454 posts
20,530 battles

IMO, for US ships, Overchkin best belongs on a Destroyer.  He is the only one of the special USN captains that feature a buffed Survivability Expert.  Every other Unique USN Captain has Expert Marksman.  Halsey and both John and George Doe all have EM.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Unique_Commanders

You don't need SE on Cruisers and Battleships but DDs need every bit of HP they can get.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
2,127 posts
12,083 battles

I have him on USN DD's ... currently Farragut, and switch out with Sims for training.  Don't use EM, just SE. 

On the Russian version I use both skills.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
18,446 posts
11,392 battles
17 minutes ago, The_Massacrerer said:

I'm wondering what the best US ship is for the American version of Alexander Ovechkin? He has bonuses on Expert Marksman, and Survivability Expert, 

Currently, I'm running him on my Georgia, but I don't think that's the best fit. 

I would like to switch him over to a new ship on an upcoming captain respec, and I'm curious as to what people think would be the best fit for him.

Thanks!

I'm getting EM and SE for the US Ovechkin. He will end up on Gearing when I get it. That will give Gearing a traverse like Fletcher.

[SIM]
Members
4,228 posts
7,241 battles

I run him on my Salem just to give me a bit more leeway to rise from near death, but he really belongs on a gunboat DD.

[MINVY]
Members
563 posts
5,177 battles

I've got one of the special American commanders in my Alaska.. rapid loader at 75% works great with battlecruisers. I use Ovechkin with destroyers for the reason others mention above.

[O_O]
Members
3,964 posts
17,930 battles

Farragut! He also runs my Monaghan and Hill.

A match made in...somewhere.

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,438 posts
4,898 battles
58 minutes ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

Any US premium will do except Enterprise

Actually......SE is the perfect skill for CVs....  the only unique captain skill worth a dam for CVs....

[KAPPA]
Members
2,132 posts
7,006 battles

I don't use proper US DDs, so Omaha but built for my laundry list of US DDs. I think I have them all until Somers comes out. :Smile_veryhappy: I'm sure he'd also be great in Clemson, too.

[ABCD3]
Members
349 posts
8,448 battles

As soon as I got the Alaska, placed him there.

• Cool 1