You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AllardLiao117

Armory/Arsenal Content Problem

6 comments in this topic

[WARWV]
Members
10 posts
4,898 battles

I have been playing this game for a while, and I noticed an annoyance: In the Armory (or, as it's called now, Arsenal) there is a massive gap in the tiers of the Coal ships; you go from the Tier 6 destroyer Aigle straight to a number of Tier 9 ships. As far as cost, the jump is even worse: ~53.3 or so thousand for October Revolution (don't remember the Russian spelling so I won't butcher it here) to 228,000 for Jean Bart and Georgia. 

I think there should be something in those gaps for us free-to-play players. 

[WOLF5]
Members
2,909 posts
3,215 battles

T7 and T8 are the big premium tiers, so WG isn't going to screw with that money maker. T5 and below are usually fun little ships that no one really cares too much about, so WG often gives them away for virtually free. The idea is that T9 and T10 ships should not be directly purchasable (though that has slipped), so they are put in the armory for coal or steel, or researchable for FXP. But premiums aren't supposed to be free. If you want a premium, it's either going to be a dinky low tier one for cheap or reward, a high tier one for lots of resources that you have to grind or pay to get, or a good one that you pay for. News flash, you FTP players don't make WG any money, so don't expect them to cater to you. The vast majority of the game is available for free, you want the other 10% it's entirely reasonable that you pay for it.

[N-W-T]
Members
1,919 posts
7,557 battles

1) they wanted to push a lot of good T9 ships so that that tier is populated. Very few T9 tech trees worth keeping. Without good T9s there would be an even bigger chance of T8 ships being bottom tier more often. 

2) You can rack up quite a lot of coal even as a casual player. I have 470k coal, even after purchasing the Jean Bart, 6 or 7 module upgrades, several crates to complete collections, and 2 of the special captians. 7% coal bonus from clan. The fact that coal accumulates quickly has inflated the costs of those ships. 

[SAVAG]
Members
629 posts
1 hour ago, AJTP89 said:

T7 and T8 are the big premium tiers, so WG isn't going to screw with that money maker. T5 and below are usually fun little ships that no one really cares too much about, so WG often gives them away for virtually free. The idea is that T9 and T10 ships should not be directly purchasable (though that has slipped), so they are put in the armory for coal or steel, or researchable for FXP. But premiums aren't supposed to be free. If you want a premium, it's either going to be a dinky low tier one for cheap or reward, a high tier one for lots of resources that you have to grind or pay to get, or a good one that you pay for. News flash, you FTP players don't make WG any money, so don't expect them to cater to you. The vast majority of the game is available for free, you want the other 10% it's entirely reasonable that you pay for it.

Actually being FTP is still rewarding. play enough and get high teir ships for free. All you have enough to do is put in the time . Either way FTP players still can make WGs catering list . Being an FTP player myself and netting me everything from T2 freebees to T9/10 freebees like the Mighty Mo., Georgia or the even the Salem.

If you want those ships they are free even the steel ships are free. You just have enough to put in the time .

FLINT HERE I COME BABY!!!!!!!

All you have to do is play. M8.

Edited by Versili

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,559 posts
23,530 battles

The jump in the coal currency should show the jump in XP and credits you need to unlock a higher tier techtree ship.

From all the currencies used by now, coal is the easiest to hoard.

I sit at 170k again even I bought the Salem, the Jean Bart and the Yoshino. 

I also got the Missouri, Musashi and Nelson with freeXP. 

I didn't have spend money on any of those. You just need patience. There are regular events that let you earn extra coal. Also: if you join a clan with a coal bunker you get some extra every time. Not much, but it sums up over time. There are many "single" player clans out there, like PVE or WOLF. Just join them and get the benefits liek extra coal, extra freeXP, reduced maintaince, buying and research costs. AFAIK, we don't have a slot open atm, but ARGSY is a clan with players in every timezone that do their stuff and sometimes join up for some battles or scenarious.

[ARGSY]
Members
15,108 posts
9,874 battles
11 hours ago, Versili said:

Actually being FTP is still rewarding.

This. 

WG actually does offer (or at least HAS offered) plenty of chances to win premium ships in the mid tiers. I'm not FTP any more, but if I were I'd be pretty happy with the state of the game over the last couple of years. Vampire, Varyag, Warspite (I bought her but won her doubloon value last year), Aigle, Campbeltown, Charleston, Salem, Jean Bart, Murmansk, Musashi, Nelson, Hill (okay, I might not have got that one without bought premium time inflating my XP gains for directives), Indianapolis, and a whole bunch of permacamos and specialty or novelty 10 point captains all became mine without having to pay money for them.

There is also nothing at all wrong with many of the tech-tree ships at Tier 7 and below. That's still affordable as FTP, as is T8 randoms if you can do well enough per battle. At Tier 9 or 10, however, one or more of the coal premiums is nice for FTP players to possess, especially if you want to play clan battles or high-tier ranked and need to spam high-tier ships over and over. My first choices to work towards would be Salem and Jean Bart, now that Musashi is no longer available, or maybe Salem and Georgia if you are strong in US battleships and don't have any French ones.

• Cool 1