Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
crazyferret23777

Irian vs Kutuzov

10 comments in this topic

Members
414 posts
8,453 battles

IF you already have the Kutuzov does the Irian offer anything different that might make it worth purchasing? Seems like it exchanges smoke for much better torps that are long range. Opinions?

Members
1,691 posts
8,497 battles

The torpedoes are very fun. Unfortunately Irian's guns are slightly shorter ranged and you can't mount def AA. I would still say Kutuzov is more effective but that is really true when comparing Kutuzov versus all the other tier 8 light cruisers.

• Cool 1

Members
2,891 posts
10,661 battles

I dont have the Kutuz. But Im pretty certain it is overall a better ship but unfortunately no longer easily available. 

The Irian is a good bote in my estimation. Its more difficult to use in comparison to the Kutuz. Has very good AA. Torps are fun and effective. Guns work pretty similar to Kutuz. It has no heal for a T8 though, which can get a bit hairy. But the stealth torp capabilities can sometimes offset it.

It's relatively good at holding a back flank. The torps slow down large groups of cruisers/bbs. Ive had games where I will hold the back flank single handedly just by spamming the torps.

Saying this though, Id probably prefer the Kutuz if I had access to it. If you have a kutuz, I wouldnt get the Irian unless you just want to semi deepwater stealth torp. 

Edited by Octavian_of_Roma

[WORX]
Members
6,419 posts
16,183 battles

Two Different ships with two Different play styles

• Kutuzov
  1. Long range HE spammer
  2. torps good against charging tagets not against those running away
  3. Smoke nerf/meta changes really hurt her a bit
  4. DD killer starting from mid range
  • Irian
  1. Nerfed KUTU gun range
  2. buffed torp range
  3. no smoke.

If you get a Irian thinking/playing like its a KUTUZOV, then its not a good idea...

Irian has good torps... IF you're good with cruisers with decent torps, then buy the Irian, if not skip.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 1

[FML]
Members
3,160 posts
13,501 battles
11 minutes ago, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

Kutuzov is better. But Irians are very annoying to fight.

I haven’t got either, but playing against them makes me agree with Lizzie here...

[VETSN]
Members
950 posts
6,832 battles
22 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

I haven’t got either, but playing against them makes me agree with Lizzie here...

I want it too, if they sell the Tirpitz I’ll buy a package for the chance... or maybe they’ll give 30% off?

[NMKJT]
Members
2,246 posts
6,232 battles
11 minutes ago, BarneyStyle said:

I want it too, if they sell the Tirpitz I’ll buy a package for the chance... or maybe they’ll give 30% off?

I've held off on the T8 box deal because well, Tirpitz B and Atago B exist. Even if you don't have either of them yet, imagine buying for one of them if it's the ship in the deal and then getting the clone in the box. Unless you're fine with having what's basically a duplicate ship, you just lost a lot of value from that purchase.

[VETSN]
Members
950 posts
6,832 battles
30 minutes ago, MnemonScarlet said:

I've held off on the T8 box deal because well, Tirpitz B and Atago B exist. Even if you don't have either of them yet, imagine buying for one of them if it's the ship in the deal and then getting the clone in the box. Unless you're fine with having what's basically a duplicate ship, you just lost a lot of value from that purchase.

Yeah, that chance has come and gone and I lost.  I now have two Massachusetts, but to be fair, I acquired them both for the price of one, or I can at least tell myself that 🤣.  At least I won’t get her in a Xmas crate.

Sign in to follow this