You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NoZoupForYou

The Best Ship in the Game

64 comments in this topic

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,620 posts
5,854 battles

And how to find it...  For me its the Montana.  For you... it's probably different.

• Cool 3
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 3
  • Angry 1

[-K-]
Members
4,957 posts
16,247 battles

Every ship is the best ship when you find that many straight-liners on one red team. Yikes.

• Funny 2

[-TDF-]
Beta Testers
1,142 posts
4,464 battles

I'd rather take the Iowa into tier 10 battle then the Monty...

Tier for Tier, I think the Des Moines is the best ship in the game.

Beta Testers
1,396 posts
17,079 battles

You are exactly right Zoup. Don't know how many times we see postings asking "what is the best tier......ship?", "what is the best Cruiser?" etc. .  for me right now fav BB is republique, CL would be Irian, DD...well any DD:cap_like: Wows website will say Ark-beta, Fujin and minekaze, I played them alot way back when.........!

Spud...out!

[ARGSY]
Members
15,087 posts
9,812 battles
12 minutes ago, NoZoupForYou said:

For you...

You raised the "if you could only have one" question, and that makes it difficult.

If not for the fact that her main armament is AP-only, I'd be tempted to nominate the Fiji. Nothing else comes close, and for me she's the perfect ship except for the inability to start fires without doing stupid YOLO stuff (and racking up fire DAMAGE in a limited amount of time is next to impossible). Her only other defect: cannot do permanent campaigns.

Maybe the Cossack? But she cannot do operations, and her torpedo suite just isn't enough when it comes to YOLO-ing full-health higher-tier battleships in co-op.

Exeter? Has AP, HE, torpedoes and a heal... but can't run operations.

Salem? Fun ship, cheap to service, but has no torpedoes.

Myoko? Can do it all, but lacks the Fiji's smoke and the torpedo arcs are godawful.

Yes, I do have the Perth - but she is so new to me that I can make no reliable comment.

For me right now, there IS no "one ship" - but a combination of Fiji and Salem could get me by for a lot of things, and both of them can be had for free.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
9,942 posts
13,835 battles

Nice vid Zoup. 

Agree no best ship. 

If I was backed into a corner to pick a favorite?...…………… Got to be Tirpitz for me.

Members
1,243 posts
5,495 battles

Hindenberg.  There is a way to play every situation you can encounter with that ship.  Certain encounters leave other ships feeling helpless.  I can't think of a situation I can reasonably find myself in while sailing the Hindenberg where I don't feel helpless.  I may still lose the exchange, but I never feel helpless.

• Cool 1

[D-H-O]
Members
34 posts
3,597 battles

I feel like on those days when I choose to have no other goal in the game but to play for enjoyment (not progression or anything else), I find myself reaching for the Texas, Tirpitz, and Des Moines. Those are my "best ships in the game" not by stats, but by the amount of fun I get out of those 3 ships.

Every time I citadel an Omaha with the Texas, my heart lifts. Every time I pull off a ridiculously improbable kill of a T10 BB with the Des Moines, I smile a bit harder. Every time somebody gets too close to the Tirpitz, I find my happy place.  

Tops of the fun-list all... and really the only list that matters at the end of the day. 

Edited by Sevari
Realized I had more to say

[4HIM]
Members
2,718 posts
9,442 battles
25 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

Every ship is the best ship when you find that many straight-liners on one red team. Yikes.

Yeah, I don't like when CC's put up these videos where the entire enemy team steams around like they're towed targets in gunnery practice.  Don't know how many DD videos I've watched where they sail around and no one on the enemy team even takes a shot at them.  Guns all turned the other way.  For someone like me, those games are extremely rare and not really a lot of help learning how to play a new ship.  Anyone (except maybe myself) could have a monster game if they're not being shot at and being set up with practice targets.  

[GRETA]
Members
524 posts
15,792 battles

I remind you that this is a WG title.

Does it fly a Russian flag? No?

Then it is not the best ship.

[-K-]
Members
7,298 posts
12,003 battles
6 minutes ago, Psicopro said:

Hindenberg.  There is a way to play every situation you can encounter with that ship.  Certain encounters leave other ships feeling helpless.  I can't think of a situation I can reasonably find myself in while sailing the Hindenberg where I don't feel helpless.  I may still lose the exchange, but I never feel helpless.

Good point.  Hindenburg is arguably the best all around (aka: swiss army knife) cruiser at T10.  While not prominently overpowered at any one thing, she is incredibly flexible on the battlefield in a variety of scenarios.  She's much less specialized than most of the other T10 cruisers.

As for this topic, I think it needs to be said that there is a big difference in asking the question "what is the best ship in the game?" and it's context versus "what is the most OP ship in the game?" and what that means.

[KNMSU]
Members
6,801 posts
7,425 battles
1 minute ago, Ace_04 said:

As for this topic, I think it needs to be said that there is a big difference in asking the question "what is the best ship in the game?" and it's context versus "what is the most OP ship in the game?" and what that means.

Zoup's kind of notorious for these fluff videos that spark largely-pointless debate on nothingburger subject matter. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[MPIRE]
Beta Testers
3,755 posts
5,780 battles
33 minutes ago, Stand_Alone97 said:

I'd rather take the Iowa into tier 10 battle then the Monty...

Tier for Tier, I think the Des Moines is the best ship in the game.

Same, but Missouri. Then again, there *used to be * something satisfying about lobbing 12 16" american freedom-from-exsistance shells at a DD...., or cruiser (pre bowin moskva/battlecruiser meta,).

But ya, 9 > 12, somehow.

[-TDF-]
Beta Testers
1,142 posts
4,464 battles
3 minutes ago, aether_tech said:

Same, but Missouri. Then again, there *used to be * something satisfying about lobbing 12 16" american freedom-from-exsistance shells at a DD...., or cruiser (pre bowin moskva/battlecruiser meta,).

But ya, 9 > 12, somehow.

It's more the Speed, Mobility and Concealment that make the Iowa more flexible and far easier to disengage/reposition if a flank fails.(Missouri obviously gets Radar and a Credit Mint)

[-K-]
Members
7,298 posts
12,003 battles
10 minutes ago, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

Zoup's kind of notorious for these fluff videos that spark largely-pointless debate on nothingburger subject matter. 

A better question would be "what is the best ship in the game for what you need it to do?"

• Earn credits?
  • Captain trainer?
  • Damage farming?
  • Fun factor?
  • Best aesthetics?

"Best" is a term that is pretty generic and needs to be quantified by each individual player against their needs.

• Cool 1

[AVW]
Members
132 posts
21,760 battles

Ok for what's it's worth I'll throw my hat in the ring.

Stalingrad.

[TBW]
Members
8,591 posts
15,446 battles

I don't have a favorite Color or a favorite food either or even a favorite girl for that matter. Variety is the spice of life.

• Boring 1

[SIM]
Members
4,205 posts
7,231 battles

It’s obviously Mikasa. 

-Biggest guns in tier? Check.

-Best HP at tier? Check.

-Most secondaries at tier? Check.

-Factually the best battleship at tier? Check. 

Mikasa, because the Russians are still grumpy about Tsushima. 

• Funny 1

[HINON]
Members
1,966 posts
19,285 battles

At the moment I find it to be Irian ;-)  That's given to change given my attitude of the month though.

Seriously, Irian seems to do well regardless uptiered or down tiered.  Nobody takes it seriously so you can just harass at will.

[-K-]
Members
7,298 posts
12,003 battles
2 minutes ago, Warped_1 said:

At the moment I find it to be Irian ;-)  That's given to change given my attitude of the month though.

Seriously, Irian seems to do well regardless uptiered or down tiered.  Nobody takes it seriously so you can just harass at will.

Really?  Better than Kutuzov?