Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Granitebeard

Mini map mod to remove "last know position"?

11 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
1,635 posts
9,525 battles

So I don't use mods, but if there is one that can make it so I can once again turn off the "last know position" crap on the mini map, that would be great. Does anyone know if there is an option out there that will let me do this?

• Confused 3
  • Angry 2

[CRMSN]
Members
8,805 posts
9,670 battles

Did you not just post on this yesterday?

Why would you want to turn it off? Having that info will help keep you on top of the waves, and help you put the reds under them.

• Angry 1

[MPIRE]
Beta Testers
3,755 posts
5,780 battles

Yes, the option to turn it off exists.

But it will make you a worse player if you do.

• Angry 1

Alpha Tester
1,635 posts
9,525 battles

I am sorry for coming to to a different section, where I would normally never go, and asking if there is a mod that can find an answer to my issue, seems redundant? I figured I would reach a different group.

I would figure that if you posted in my other topic you would let this slip by and not give the same answer, which in no way is what I am looking for.

I am glad that so many people like this feature, but to me it takes away from the game. It is not useful info if you pay attention and just enables... 

I was hoping to not have to go digging and seeing if this possible in all the different mod options, I was hoping that someone with a working knowledge of the mods would help someone who has never looked at mods before.

[WORX]
Members
6,359 posts
16,150 battles
13 minutes ago, Granitebeard said:

I was hoping to not have to go digging and seeing if this possible in all the different mod options, I was hoping that someone with a working knowledge of the mods would help someone who has never looked at mods before.

What you're asking is not a mod issue to begin with... So I am confused because, the option exist in game regardless if you're using mods or not.

Just click on the mini map gears (again its universal not a mod option) and uncheck the box...

Simple fix....

BTW

You are brave playing that way, not smart IMO but brave none the less...

[-BRS-]
Members
1,261 posts
6,187 battles
3 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

What you're asking is not a mod issue to begin with... So I am confused because, the option exist in game regardless if you're using mods or not.

Just click on the mini map gears (again its universal not a mod option) and uncheck the box...

Simple fix....

BTW

I think it's been removed from the game.  I'm using Aslain's and no longer see to disable it.  Maybe someone not using mods can confirm. 

Edited by 0NutsNBolts0

[WORX]
Members
6,359 posts
16,150 battles
Just now, 0NutsNBolts0 said:

I think it's been removed.  I'm using Aslain's and no longer see to disable it. 

cool I'll try to confirm that with Aslain...

[WORX]
Members
6,359 posts
16,150 battles
6 minutes ago, 0NutsNBolts0 said:

I think it's been removed from the game.  I'm using Aslain's and no longer see to disable it.  Maybe someone not using mods can confirm. 

Also I do remember that feature was bugged as the beginning of the RW event.

[-BRS-]
Members
1,261 posts
6,187 battles

I uninstalled the mod and the checkbox to turn it off is no longer in the game apparently.

Edited by 0NutsNBolts0

Alpha Tester
1,635 posts
9,525 battles
2 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Simple fix....

BTW

As has been mentioned, it is not an option in the game anymore. And now if the option is not in one of the bigger mods I have heard of I am unsettled even more. Trust me, I am not one of the come to the forums and start complaining about something like this without trying to figure it out for a few matches on my own. 

I do not see how not using this "tool" is not smart. I do not consider my self a genius in any form, but I can remember the last spot I knew something was fairly easily, particularly in the short time of a game. I there for do not need something to remind me that maybe two or three, perhaps even more, minutes ago a ship was here. As by the time that info become relevant, the ship will more then likely not be near that spot. I realize this is not always the case, but it could send people on a wild goose chase particularly in situations were there are a few greens left and maybe one or two reds. This is part of why I do not like this addition to the mini map.  Another is that I feel it clutters up the mini map too much with useless info (again, I know I am the only one who thinks this).

Sign in to follow this