You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
barbaroja_Ar

Being a Marauder

13 comments in this topic

[TIAR]
Beta Testers
818 posts
15,709 battles

Weekend is over and had a lot of fun.

Thanks all who participated, it was an enjoyable time.

Had some really awkward moments like when we met in a cap with another marauder sailing a Sims and we just waved good bye, or when we met 4 marauders 2 green, 2 red in the same cap, but overall it was fun.

Some times there were 3 of us in the same team and none on the other. I know its all RNG but you could feel all green cannons pointing at you willingly.

Not once was fired by my team!! Chapeau 

Made over 50 battles with no stress

You got me with this one WG, waiting the chance to be part of another event soon.

• Cool 7
  • Boring 1

[-BRS-]
Members
932 posts
34,666 battles

Hi all

thought I’d share my experience being marauder here too. 

In short: loved it 

though i did miss on some of clan activities throughout weekend

by points:

- being focused most of the time - you actually have to employ slightly different strategy to win

- most of time you uptiered, which turns you into crush candy

- quite a lot of people didn’t know about event - there definitely should be reminder in the port and maybe some missions (like kill 3 marauders - get super container)

- first container I’ve got as marauder was supercontainer... cruel irony (haven’t had one on my account for ages)

- got to try all spicy premiums which I don’t have but always was curious about (Gulio Cesare is broken more than Belfast, really really liked Haida - they both competent  with up-tier opponents)

- i was not making myself easy target - final WR was 61% (but usually yolo’ed if outcome of battle was in the green favor)

- definitely liked event and will apply for more in the future 

- got more krakens than I’m usually doing on weekends (playing op premiums have nothing to do with it)

- thanks WG for great weekend 

• Cool 2

[TBW]
Members
8,593 posts
15,446 battles
42 minutes ago, barbaroja_Ar said:

Had some really awkward moments like when we met in a cap with another marauder sailing a Sims and we just waved good bye, or when we met 4 marauders 2 green, 2 red in the same cap, but overall it was fun.

When I played in the Corgi Fleet, the only time I changed my game play was if the team was obviously going to win, at which time I asked the team if they minded if I yolo. The biggest community gripe about these weekends is that the pirates, turkeys, marauders, corgis, or what ever, don't play normally. I killed Corgi's because it was my job on a team to do so.

I also decided later, that since so many people were upset, when I would Yolo to give away the prize, to just not do that anymore and make it hard to get the prize.

I know it's all in fun, some people are very serious about randoms and didn't appreciate us being there at all. One thing they didn't understand though, is that it is really hard work to get in 150 to 200 battles in a weekend. Glad you had fun, good on ya.

• Cool 3

[TIAR]
Beta Testers
818 posts
15,709 battles
3 minutes ago, SlartiBartFastE2 said:

- quite a lot of people didn’t know about event - there definitely should be reminder in the port and maybe some missions (like kill 3 marauders - get super container)

Even on Sunday night there were some unaware of the event!!!! WG, This kind of events should be better advertized

[LOU1]
Members
3,960 posts
10,947 battles

As a Marauder, I would like to thank the community for helping to make this a fun event.  While there were one or two incidents of saltiness, every battle was fun.  Thanks!

• Cool 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
669 posts
6 minutes ago, kalman81 said:

did you guys got anything for being a Marauder apart from the experience?

yup we get tiered rewards based on avg games played by all Marauder's

[TBW]
Members
8,593 posts
15,446 battles
Just now, Ozium said:

yup we get reward pack based on avg games played by all Marauder's

And a Flag I hope.

[90TH]
Members
290 posts
16,377 battles

Had a lot of fun...met some new people and good players.

What else can ya ask for. 

Appreciated the chance to get to do it and hope that chance comes again.

*Salute*

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
9,942 posts
13,835 battles

Thank you Marauders! Great community event.

[CUTEZ]
-Members-
1,641 posts
1,067 battles
5 hours ago, barbaroja_Ar said:

Weekend is over and had a lot of fun.

Thanks all who participated, it was an enjoyable time.

Some times there were 3 of us in the same team and none on the other. I know its all RNG but you could feel all green cannons pointing at you willingly.

Not once was fired by my team!! Chapeau 

Made over 50 battles with no stress

You got me with this one WG, waiting the chance to be part of another event soon.

Hey barbaroja_Ar,

Thanks for taking part in the event as a Marauder! We look forward to running another event in the future, so keep your eyes out!