You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Stormbringer924

Port Queens

16 comments in this topic

[DDCO]
Members
73 posts
12,006 battles

Been seeing alot of peep's complaining about being bored with the MM and game play. One of the way's that I have found to re-invigorate the game is to play the lesser known and used "port queens". These are ship's that have been forgotton in peep's  carousel. I have 143 ship's, and it can be a blast to run these low point captained ship's in co-op or random play. While they are not as bad assed as most other ship's, they can be a very fun way to change the dynamic of static game play. After getting reamed in random's with not so good teams, it is fun to just take out the jalopie's and go into the fray. Since you don't really care how well they do, it is a welcome change from the constant grind/disappointment of event's and boring gameplay.

Just my 2 cent's ( my spelling suck's so deal with it)

• Cool 5

[TASC]
Members
320 posts
8,368 battles

i also have port queens that i take out for opperations or co-op. some days it is just better to leave the salt mine behind. 

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
15,091 posts
9,835 battles
8 minutes ago, Stormbringer924 said:

Just my 2 cent's

I'll pay that. I agree completely.

[M-B]
Members
87 posts
8,717 battles

I take out my Albany with my 19 point US cruiser captain when I get really board. Or my vampire with it's 12 skill captain. Got over 100k damage in that one once. (At tier 3 for any who don't know)

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WMD]
Members
1,083 posts
7,940 battles

I find Operations keep things interesting when I'm sick of randoms. 

Though pulling out a ship you never play and doing a random battle can be a lot of fun.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,623 posts

I very rarely play my Ark Beta.  In fact I mostly forget that it's even there.

Once in a while I take it for a spin.  The secondaries can be hilarious.

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
8,600 posts
15,456 battles

I don't have a port Queen, I have a harem, and with wives that I haven't even used yet.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[-K-]
Members
7,298 posts
12,009 battles

With 291 ships in port, there are simply too many "port queens" to try and get through.  But it is nice to have everything available to scratch any possible ship itch I may have the hankering to play.

That's why I enjoy things like the Steel Snowflake event that give me an excuse to pull out old ships that I'd never have the time to play or pay any attention to.  There are so many great tech tree ships that get overshadowed by premiums, so it's nice to revisit every once in awhile.

[POP]
Members
546 posts
6,347 battles

I also enjoy operations to break up the monotony.  There are however those days when the mm gods just crap on you and every team you are on is at a 10-20% w/l disadvantage, you loose every match regardless of how many ships you kill, caps you get and damage you do.  In those days when I can feel the salt in my veins I have an umikazi with a 19pt captain that reminds me of how much fun a ship with 5km detection, 8 km torpedoes,  a stupid fast cd on said torpedoes and radio location can be when surrounded by a bunch of ships that sail in straight lines.  It is even better when I can find someone in a t4 bb to team up with, it's like a sea of hit point pinatas waiting to be smashed.

Yes it is seal clubbing, if it was so wrong it should not feel so right.

• Boring 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
9,943 posts
13,839 battles
2 hours ago, Stormbringer924 said:

Been seeing alot of peep's complaining about being bored with the MM and game play. One of the way's that I have found to re-invigorate the game is to play the lesser known and used "port queens". These are ship's that have been forgotton in peep's  carousel. I have 143 ship's, and it can be a blast to run these low point captained ship's in co-op or random play. While they are not as bad assed as most other ship's, they can be a very fun way to change the dynamic of static game play. After getting reamed in random's with not so good teams, it is fun to just take out the jalopie's and go into the fray. Since you don't really care how well they do, it is a welcome change from the constant grind/disappointment of event's and boring gameplay.

Good advice. I do the same thing.

Members
516 posts
4,309 battles

I’d love to play my low tier premiums but they don’t count towards daily missions. By the time I’m done with those I’m ready to stop for the day and if I do continue I want to grind tech tree ships. 

[YARRR]
Members
659 posts
5,375 battles

Been playing some of my older, or lower tiered, ships lately.  It's an object lesson in just how pervasive the power creep has become.

The T3 St. Louis is still a riot to play, Mikasa still does OK too.  Kongo is worthless now, and Fuso can still be fun, but she is very long in the tooth and if a Soviet BB shows up Fuso is nothing but a damage dinner for it.

Members
523 posts
21 hours ago, KURT_WOLFF said:

Have not played tier 1, 2 , 3s in many months

The only Tier 3 I play regularly is the Dreadnought you gifted me for my 23rd Birthday last year. 

[PVE]
Members
9,976 posts
18,150 battles
22 hours ago, Stormbringer924 said:

Port Queen can be different things though.

• A ship you like but just don't play much for a variety of reasons
  • A ship you hate and don't play it because it sucks but you keep it for a variety of reasons 

I agree with you that it is nice now and then to play some of the ships in port you usually don't. I do that and have reached the point (have all T10's except Audacious) where I am now going back and rebuying and playing some ships I sold off long ago for needed Capt's, credits. and port slots that I actually liked. I will even buy back some ships I struggled with to see if I can do better now.

The ships I truly hated though I do not buy back and I have ships in port I hate that I just won't sell because of how I acquired them (Roma and Kronshtadt epitomize this).