Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
UltimateNewbie

Matchmaker - Unbalanced teams result in shocking loss

10 comments in this topic

[FML]
Members
3,160 posts
13,471 battles

You know those times when its a T8 battle and your team is given 2 T6 cruisers, and the enemy has no T6 cruisers?  Well, I just had one of those battles (see below).  

767283027_190722MMisBalanced.thumb.jpg.043803d9d721a0f52e9e682ea7122710.jpg

Battle outcome in the spoiler below - trust me, you'll be shocked. 

Spoiler

It was a catastrophic defeat, for us.

We got totally pwned.  

Still, it didnt help that our Mahan just yoloed straight up the middle, and everyone else did their level best to drive broadside to the Soviet battleships, but still - the lineup didnt help.  

So, anyone else got some super fun times MM pictures to share?

Mods: I am assuming that I dont need to blank out the names as I'm not shaming anyone (other than the MM, ofc). Still, happy to re-upload a blank picture if that's what you want. 

• Boring 1

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
721 posts
5,458 battles

Not balanced by higher tier DDs on your team?  

[HYDRO]
Members
3,677 posts
5,280 battles

To be honest the reds had a very good DD lineup considering both sides were filled with BBs and they had the only Radar.

[TIGRB]
Members
702 posts
15,399 battles

I was in a tier 7 game Yesterday with an Omaha, tier 5. Made the best of it,,played determined as hell. 4 Kills 97,000 HP and top on my team. Fight hard! Resist and Bite!

1.png

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[SOFOP]
Members
1,582 posts
10,476 battles

As far as queue dumps go, that's not the worst I've seen by a long shot.

Either way, its the players in the game that matter the most.  I've seen 40% win rate teams beat 60, I've seen T6's take out T8s solo....anything can happen when RNG is involved and absolutely NO attempt is made to balance out different ships within tiers.

[CUTEZ]
-Members-
1,641 posts
1,067 battles
1 hour ago, UltimateNewbie said:

You know those times when its a T8 battle and your team is given 2 T6 cruisers, and the enemy has no T6 cruisers?  Well, I just had one of those battles (see below).  

767283027_190722MMisBalanced.thumb.jpg.043803d9d721a0f52e9e682ea7122710.jpg

Battle outcome in the spoiler below - trust me, you'll be shocked. 

Reveal hidden contents

So, anyone else got some super fun times MM pictures to share?

Mods: I am assuming that I dont need to blank out the names as I'm not shaming anyone (other than the MM, ofc). Still, happy to re-upload a blank picture if that's what you want. 

Hey UltimateNewbie,

This can happen every once in awhile. A quick question: What time were you playing at? Early in the morning/late at night there will be less people to pull from for a match so this can happen. I actually had a match the other day that had 1 DD on the enemy team and no DD on my team, needless to say it was an interesting game to apart of. How did the game actually end up going? 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3

[WTAF]
Members
456 posts
15,677 battles

Stop complaining. WoWS says uptiering is a good thing, and I trust their judgment. They have an impeccable record of telling players what they want, and their prices are quite reasonable (A T8 premium ship SHOULD cost as much as 3-4 Steam games). I'm sure they have the players' best interests in mind.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 8

[WOLFG]
Members
24,713 posts
6,108 battles
2 hours ago, missile742 said:

Not balanced by higher tier DDs on your team?  

No, the DDs were equal, except the other team had an extra DD, at bottom tier.

Basically, the MM matched 2 T6 CLs with a T7 CL and a T6 DD.

The issue there isn't the MM per se, but its parameters. A DD, being smaller, is weighted less by MM than a cruiser. So a T6 DD was used to offset the deficit from the Shchors-Leander mismatch.

The problem is that the weighting system does not take into account anything concerning the meta, so DDs punch well above their MM weighting compared to cruisers, esp. when it comes to mid tiers.

Edited by Skpstr

Members
817 posts
9,071 battles
1 hour ago, War_Maggot said:

Stop complaining. WoWS says uptiering is a good thing, and I trust their judgment. They have an impeccable record of telling players what they want, and their prices are quite reasonable (A T8 premium ship SHOULD cost as much as 3-4 Steam games). I'm sure they have the players' best interests in mind.

..right on,,right on....^^^^^^ :-)    "sarcastaball"

Edited by VonSmallHausenn

[FML]
Members
3,160 posts
13,471 battles
6 hours ago, Kami said:

Hey UltimateNewbie,

This can happen every once in awhile. A quick question: What time were you playing at? Early in the morning/late at night there will be less people to pull from for a match so this can happen. I actually had a match the other day that had 1 DD on the enemy team and no DD on my team, needless to say it was an interesting game to apart of. How did the game actually end up going? 

The time I was playing was a few minutes before I made the thread. Still, I was in queue only for 15 seconds - not quite instant battle, but not a long one either. 

The result was in the spoiler. 

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this