You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Feclez

Event Marauders Suiciding

46 comments in this topic

Members
216 posts
6,578 battles

You seriously need to look at who you get in as people that play as event staff.

several games now I have seen your event guys just steam in on DD's and get killed within the first couple of mins in the game, this ruins things for the whole team.

you need to hold back the details of what % or average games need to be played by the people running them to stop this from happening!!!!

just coz you may need 2 or 5 games more as an average does not mean you should be steaming in on a dd just so you can get 50 games played in like 2 mins

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[RKLES]
Members
10,734 posts
12,365 battles

(Well technically it can take up to to 4-5 minutes per battle to suicide a DD into enemy team, but I get your point)

And more than likely the pool of players to draw event players from is far lower quality than in events past. Reasons being we have schools out for Summer Vacation, And with all the game stability issues some Veteran players such as myself have been unable to play for few months now.

[SYN]
Members
3,606 posts
19,420 battles

Most of the marauders I have seen in game have played normally and not suicided.

And I might add there have been quite a few out and about so thanks for volunteering people.

Edited by Camo68
  • Cool 9

[MINVY]
Members
557 posts
5,166 battles

We could say the same of the entire player base folks. There might be a few Marauders who are motivated to burn through games as quickly as possible, but more likely they are trying out some of the ships in their accounts and are not fully familiar with them.

No situation will ever be perfect.

For the Marauders, it's also frustrating to see someone say they are just getting started at 9pm Sunday when there are only a few hours left. All games played are averaged, so anyone who does the bare minimum impacts the overall average used to calculate any rewards for volunteering.

Thank you to those who appreciate that we were volunteers, and did not have to spend our weekends in matches that don't count toward our ratings as players in our regular accounts.

• Cool 2

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,652 posts
49 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

(Well technically it can take up to to 4-5 minutes per battle to suicide a DD into enemy team, but I get your point)

And more than likely the pool of players to draw event players from is far lower quality than in events past. Reasons being we have schools out for Summer Vacation, And with all the game stability issues some Veteran players such as myself have been unable to play for few months now.

The game is not unstable that I am aware of.  I am connected a lot, for very long periods of time and I have not crashed or anything. 

[RM-I]
Members
933 posts
8,116 battles

I’ve seen some bad marauders. I’ve only seen one so far be the top of the team ( and for that matter, the only one who was above the first 7 positions on the team xp results). 

The best part about this player is that he killed another marauder in an Anshan in his gnevny. The other marauder didn’t seem too happy about that... 

[-SF-]
Members
317 posts
4,406 battles

It's going to happen if a few want to rack up there game count. Most of us played normally though and I even managed to hit top of team quite a few times and racked up a couple Krakens as a Maraurder this weekend. 

[WORX]
Members
6,419 posts
16,183 battles
1 hour ago, Feclez said:

You seriously need to look at who you get in as people that play as event staff.

several games now I have seen your event guys just steam in on DD's and get killed within the first couple of mins in the game, this ruins things for the whole team.

you need to hold back the details of what % or average games need to be played by the people running them to stop this from happening!!!!

just coz you may need 2 or 5 games more as an average does not mean you should be steaming in on a dd just so you can get 50 games played in like 2 mins

What you need to do is chill out... People are trying to hold events and yet

3684b1.jpg.9669ce24a556836cbd040f330ce52531.jpg

Events are not competitive... Maybe they should.

• Event staff are not there to "win" the game for you
  • Event staff will always (or try) to remain Neutral regardless of match outcome...
  • Event staff are not in a match to "carry" you.
  • Event staff are not a escape goat for everyone else bad in match perfomance.
  • Cool 1

[RED]
Members
249 posts
11,515 battles

The marauders are rewarded based on the amount of games they play and the incentive is to rack up as many as possible. So die early and often, get into the next game.

• Angry 1

[HINON]
Supertester
22,110 posts
15,955 battles
6 hours ago, LadyAnesjka said:

[hidden]

That's patently not true. I've had plenty of forum warnings and temporary ROs, yet I've participated in every such event except this one. This one I didn't apply for because I had other plans during the weekend.

• Cool 1

[TIGRB]
Members
173 posts
1,899 battles
2 hours ago, Feclez said:

Saw just that at least 3 times yesterday. Only Saw one in a Nagato put up a fight to the end. I have no idea what qualifications you need to be chosen to be an event player but they need to "train" these people or something.

• Cool 1

[-SF-]
Members
317 posts
4,406 battles
17 minutes ago, bobby_scott05 said:

Saw just that at least 3 times yesterday. Only Saw one in a Nagato put up a fight to the end. I have no idea what qualifications you need to be chosen to be an event player but they need to "train" these people or something.

There are no qualifications, you apply and are chosen at random. If a Marauder potatoes and dies quickly, oh well. It happens in normal matches more often than not. They're giving there time to bring in a bit of variety and reward other players, if they were all "trained" superunicums you'd all complain that it's too hard to get said rewards. 

• Cool 1
  • Angry 1

[RKLES]
Members
10,734 posts
12,365 battles
1 hour ago, Burnsy said:

The game is not unstable that I am aware of.  I am connected a lot, for very long periods of time and I have not crashed or anything. 

A fair number of us play on MAC which Wargaming claims to support and yet has failed miserably recently. And also a decent number of PC players have been plagued by stability issues in recent months. If you have been stable then you are fortunate.

• Confused 1

[A-D-F]
5,652 posts
13 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

A fair number of us play on MAC which Wargaming claims to support and yet has failed miserably recently. And also a decent number of PC players have been plagued by stability issues in recent months. If you have been stable then you are fortunate.

I know there was/is and issue with mac users, I saw the thread(s) about it but didn't read it much of it, as I am PC user.

I don't think I am fortunate though.

If there was any real issue with PC users and stability, this forum would filled top to bottom with threads about it. WG would be scrambling to fix it with hot fixes and patch notes about it, as their game would basically be "down" at that point. 

[RKLES]
Members
10,734 posts
12,365 battles
2 minutes ago, Ashy_GB said:

There are no qualifications, you apply and are chosen at random. If a Marauder potatoes and dies quickly, oh well. It happens in normal matches more often than not. They're giving there time to bring in a bit of variety and reward other players, if they were all "trained" superunicums you'd all complain that it's too hard to get said rewards. 

Well the Corgi fleet set a high standard for events where the event players would play reasonably well, but not super Unicom level. So while the Corgi captains would not hurt their teams by playing poorly, they were also able to be sunk by enemy players if the enemy possessed at least some skill and a bit of luck did not hurt either lol.

Lol if you wanted to sink me back when I sailed with the Corgi Fleet, you would either have to play well to earn my being sunk, or sail over your sinking team mates to get me. As I believed that a player needed to earn the right to sail under a Corgi flag since the Corgi Captains themselves were at least competent as I mentioned above. So I made certain those that sank me were also competent. Which at least good number of Corgi Captains were like me in that regard. Which means if you see a ship flying a Corgi Flag, odds are the player will at least be decent in battle. 

I must say I had fun as a Corgi, since I would fight either as front line or second line combatant, just as I play with my main account. Plus I would sail interesting ships such as Graf Spee or the ARP ships. ( Lol ARP ships with the wild colors was my way of advertising my presence even more than I already was. Which often ended up being bait for at least some enemy ships to be sunk.)

• Cool 2

[RKLES]
Members
10,734 posts
12,365 battles
8 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

I know there was/is and issue with mac users, I saw the thread(s) about it but didn't read it much of it, as I am PC user.

I don't think I am fortunate though.

If there was any real issue with PC users and stability, this forum would filled top to bottom with threads about it. WG would be scrambling to fix it with hot fixes and patch notes about it, as their game would basically be "down" at that point. 

Oh there have been floods of complaints from PC users, but their issues are more sporadic than those of MAC users. But when the PC issues kick in, it’s not uncommon to see a nice percentage of a team affected.

• Confused 1

[SRBL]
Members
327 posts

As a former Turkey and Mask I can offer that on Discord we made a point of encouraging each other not to potato. The goal was to have your team win but also die, we compared stats regularly and pushed each other to make it a fun event for the general membership.

Edited by Tom_Greg
  • Cool 5

[A-D-F]
5,652 posts
1 minute ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Oh there have been floods of complaints from PC users, but their issues are more sporadic than those of MAC users. But when the PC issues kick in, it’s not uncommon to see a nice percentage of a team affected.

Well...this community is normally very loud here on the forum about problems.  If WG made a change to AA or radar, there would be 10 threads in under an hour about it.

If there are floods of complaints about stability issues, it's an extremely quiet flood.  Those people should consider being a lot louder.

• Cool 1

[FML]
Members
3,160 posts
13,501 battles
3 hours ago, Camo68 said:

Most of the marauders I have seen in game have played normally and not suicided.

And I might add there have been quite a few out and about so thanks for volunteering people.

This has been my experience so far as well...

[SOFOP]
Members
1,585 posts
10,531 battles

Its funny how event folks are blamed for everything.

We get blamed for being on the green team.  Blamed for playing to well.  Blamed for playing poorly.  Blamed for always causing a team to lose or win, depending who you ask.

It is almost as if some people just need someone to blame for their losses.  You know, the exact same way a normal random match goes.

Sometimes people die early....happens to everyone and you are a bold faced liar if you say it doesn't to you.  

Personally I had a 65 percent win rate over 80 games (as a marauder), and I played normally until the game outcome was settled, assuming I lived that long.  I topped the boards a few times and I anchored the board a few times.  Just like normal play.  The only time I tried to die was again, once the game was settled, because after all, the event is about giving away doubloons and I get nothing from surviving.

Be grateful there are people who gave up most or all of their weekend to be in this event so that you can have a little fun and change of pace.

Edited by Old_Baldy_One
  • Cool 5

[ARGSY]
Members
15,108 posts
9,874 battles
2 hours ago, pastore123 said:

The best part about this player is that he killed another marauder in an Anshan in his gnevny. The other marauder didn’t seem too happy about that... 

Technically they're supposed to leave each other alone unless it's do-or-die for the win, but you know the circumstances of this case and I don't. 

[TNG-3]
Members
442 posts
15,340 battles

I had one guy tell me to "get WG to fix T8 MM"

Yeah.................

• Funny 1

[P2W]
Members
406 posts
10,741 battles

I played this for the first time this event and thought the play I saw from other Marauders was about what I see in Random at other times. I’m a certified potato with a 48% WR on this account and a 0.8 k/d ratio. In 45 games as @event_marauder_159 I won 45% and had a k/d just over 1, surviving 35% of them, so I was playing as well as my limited skills allowed. 

It was a fun event, although I nearly killed a fellow Marauder. We were sailing at each other, with me in the GC and him in a DD. I was letting my team shoot him while I went after other targets. Whe we got close my secondary guns started up and I had no idea how to make them stop. I’ve never wanted to do that before so I didn’t know you can use the P key; I think of that as just AA. Fortunately one of my team got the last shot in. 

[-SF-]
Members
317 posts
4,406 battles
50 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Well the Corgi fleet set a high standard for events where the event players would play reasonably well, but not super Unicom level. So while the Corgi captains would not hurt their teams by playing poorly, they were also able to be sunk by enemy players if the enemy possessed at least some skill and a bit of luck did not hurt either lol.

Lol if you wanted to sink me back when I sailed with the Corgi Fleet, you would either have to play well to earn my being sunk, or sail over your sinking team mates to get me. As I believed that a player needed to earn the right to sail under a Corgi flag since the Corgi Captains themselves were at least competent as I mentioned above. So I made certain those that sank me were also competent. Which at least good number of Corgi Captains were like me in that regard. Which means if you see a ship flying a Corgi Flag, odds are the player will at least be decent in battle. 

I must say I had fun as a Corgi, since I would fight either as front line or second line combatant, just as I play with my main account. Plus I would sail interesting ships such as Graf Spee or the ARP ships. ( Lol ARP ships with the wild colors was my way of advertising my presence even more than I already was. Which often ended up being bait for at least some enemy ships to be sunk.)

I would say this is true for many including myself during the event. Yeah I potatoed the odd round by pushing too aggressively and being focused by an entire team but I went quite a few rounds without being sunk. 

The yolo-ing was much worse during the turkey event, where we had to play an average total of 85 games over the weekend (I think that was the target) thankfully this was dramatically lowered for the last two events. 

• Cool 1

[U571]
Members
2,025 posts
13,944 battles

As someone who participated in the Corgi events when Niko was running them.  It was understood you play as you would on your own account.  You do your best to win, and with the win in the bag if you want to Yolo in a grand fashion, that was fine.  Also remember in a lot of cases people are also playing ships they probably don't play.  People who volunteer for this, one of the attractions to do it is to play ships you might not have in your inventory.  So give them a small break, they are playing to get sunk while trying to win.  We like to compare our Win Rates and Survival Rates.  We shoot for the highest Win Rate and lowest Survival Rate.