Trollphoon

Most DD Players are BAD

36 comments in this topic

Members
96 posts
434 battles

My Yamato is my favourite ship, so I play it a lot in random battles. I like being the most important ship in the game, and like in history, the role of all the destroyers and cruisers around me is to support me and my big guns. 

But what I find is that I can't achieve my average damage per game of 50,000 because the destroyers on my team cannot keep the enemy spotted! They keep dying! They always get killed by the Worcesters and the Minotaurs because they could not spot them for long enough (around 10 minutes) so that i can hit them with a shell!

I tell my DDs - my ship can shoot from 24km, so I make use of all that range.  Keep those enemies spotted and I will hit them with impunity. We are pretty much invincible if I shoot from far away - if they can't kill me, the enemy can never win.

The job of the DD is to spot enemies - why can't these DDs just be smart and spot the Worcesters and MInotaurs without being counter detected? A bit stupid really. None of them can do their job properly. I will easily become the best destroyer if I played, but I don't play though - it is too far below my skill level. Skillful players like me only play battleships. 

Everyone knows that the battleship must keep as much of its health as possible because it needs to be the last ship left in the game to win the game. A useless battleship is a dead battleship...the rest of the team should be dedicated to keeping me alive to I can hit the game-winning shots. 

So please explain to me - why are DD players always so terrible?

• Funny 17
  • Confused 5
  • Boring 4
  • Angry 8

[DEV_X]
Supertester
2,204 posts
20,702 battles

I take it you've had enough of the "serve me" attitude some players have. Dont blame ya.

[-BMV-]
Members
430 posts
16,899 battles

this-bait-of-cellentouality-19458768.png.c6bc1635aebfbf675f95a1b963b5e1f7.png

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,025 posts
17,147 battles
1 hour ago, Trollphoon said:

My Yamato is my favourite ship, so I play it a lot in random battles. I like being the most important ship in the game, and like in history, the role of all the destroyers and cruisers around me is to support me and my big guns. 

But what I find is that I can't achieve my average damage per game of 50,000 because the destroyers on my team cannot keep the enemy spotted! They keep dying! They always get killed by the Worcesters and the Minotaurs because they could not spot them for long enough (around 10 minutes) so that i can hit them with a shell!

I tell my DDs - my ship can shoot from 24km, so I make use of all that range.  Keep those enemies spotted and I will hit them with impunity. We are pretty much invincible if I shoot from far away - if they can't kill me, the enemy can never win.

The job of the DD is to spot enemies - why can't these DDs just be smart and spot the Worcesters and MInotaurs without being counter detected? A bit stupid really. None of them can do their job properly. I will easily become the best destroyer if I played, but I don't play though - it is too far below my skill level. Skillful players like me only play battleships. 

Everyone knows that the battleship must keep as much of its health as possible because it needs to be the last ship left in the game to win the game. A useless battleship is a dead battleship...the rest of the team should be dedicated to keeping me alive to I can hit the game-winning shots. 

So please explain to me - why are DD players always so terrible?

Because their tank is sitting 24 km back not doing its job of attracting fire.

So friendly cruisers end up taking too much damage and fall back.

Leaving a destroyer with no close support....

An isolated destroyer will soon be radared, hydro or proxy spotted by a team that is free to push and gain map control.....

A single Yammy sitting 24 km away exerts no map control....

Averaging 50k in a Yammy is terrible....

I consider myself a dd main and I can get a 1st salvo off in my legendary Yammy to equal 50k.....

LASTLY, YOU TRY PLAYING A TIER 10 DESTROYER....

My first Gearing match stock...206k damage. 4 kills...

No solo warrior as 7 ships was too much to fight....

• Cool 3

[SYN]
Members
3,603 posts
19,420 battles
14 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Because their tank is sitting 24 km back not doing its job of attracting fire.

So friendly cruisers end up taking too much damage and fall back.

Leaving a destroyer with no close support....

An isolated destroyer will soon be radared, hydro or proxy spotted by a team that is free to push and gain map control.....

A single Yammy sitting 24 km away exerts no map control....

Averaging 50k in a Yammy is terrible....

I consider myself a dd main and I can get a 1st salvo off in my legendary Yammy to equal 50k.....

LASTLY, YOU TRY PLAYING A TIER 10 DESTROYER....

My first Gearing match stock...206k damage. 4 kills...

No solo warrior as 7 ships was too much to fight....

image.png.45b85b89d00c1859cd8b61a6062efdac.png

[VW]
Members
3,212 posts
16,263 battles

Maybe if bb players such as yourself actually tanked, the dds wouldnt die! (Have a snack to help you through the morning).

Edited by monpetitloup

[HRVAT]
Members
1,233 posts
9,535 battles

As a DD player, I did actually read you post and was VERY FUNNY !

[RKLES]
Members
10,734 posts
12,365 battles
18 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

Maybe if bb players such as yourself actually tanked, the dds wouldnt die! (Have a snack to help you through the morning).

Lol I often follow the DDs close enough that sometimes Allied DDs are in danger of becoming a bow ornament or my BBs if the Allied DD maneuvers in a crazy manner. DDs seem to like how I play my BBs since we can secure cap zones. And if an enemy CA shows up hoping to pick up a DD kill, the CA can be swiftly dealt with.

Members
1,059 posts
6,026 battles
13 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Lol I often follow the DDs close enough that sometimes Allied DDs are in danger of becoming a bow ornament or my BBs if the Allied DD maneuvers in a crazy manner. DDs seem to like how I play my BBs since we can secure cap zones. And if an enemy CA shows up hoping to pick up a DD kill, the CA can be swiftly dealt with.

GK laughs at puny yammie thought process. Blaze a path to valhalla shiny and chrome my kurfurst brothers and sisters. Support your team by backhanding the meta.

• Cool 2

[KAPPA]
Members
2,109 posts
6,989 battles
43 minutes ago, Xanshin said:

GK laughs at puny yammie thought process. Blaze a path to valhalla shiny and chrome my kurfurst brothers and sisters. Support your team by backhanding the meta.

The DDs can't always spot for the BBs, so sometimes the BB needs to take matters into their own hands! :Smile_veryhappy:

[O-PN]
Members
2,098 posts
4,408 battles

Try a change of tactic, let the DD smoke up and you spot for them.

Members
1,059 posts
6,026 battles
1 minute ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

The DDs can't always spot for the BBs, so sometimes the BB needs to take matters into their own hands! :Smile_veryhappy:

Plus its reeeeaaallly hard for the enemy team to ignore the gk barreling down on them. They blow torps and get wildly out of position... firing at the gk while your ally cruisers and dds get to roam free unleashing death and eating popcorn. Good stuff. :cap_popcorn:

[KAPPA]
Members
2,109 posts
6,989 battles
4 minutes ago, Xanshin said:

Plus its reeeeaaallly hard for the enemy team to ignore the gk barreling down on them. They blow torps and get wildly out of position... firing at the gk while your ally cruisers and dds get to roam free unleashing death and eating popcorn. Good stuff. :cap_popcorn:

Actually had a game like that about an hour ago. I wasn't the BB, but a DD having to deal with an incoming Mass. The cruisers were in the way, or I'd have torped it. The Mass was one of the last left alive on their team, as I guess it just hid behind a rock for 5 minutes while healing, as, as soon as I looked back, she was back to like 60% health from about 10-20%! Hadn't moved far, either.

[TROLO]
Members
421 posts
8,262 battles

I want to think this is a troll but with the sheer amount of players that actually think that way I really cannot tell if this is a trol. 

Most potato BBs (50k average in a Yamato is potato) think that everyone in the team is a mere spotter ship (instead of plane) for them to feed their own damage counter while they sit in spawn without touching the WASD because moving and shooting require 2 brain cells. When was the last time you were playing a DD and a camping BB got mad at you because you backed up to avoid radar or got behind a island to not die to one? Bet not much time ago.

Just in case this is a troll I won't rage too much but: If you think DD job is that easy, play them and become the very best like you said. DDs are BY FAR the hardest class to play and only very few DDs have some "oh sh¡t I need health" to keep them alive, if you take damage in a DD is permanent and with that low HP you better preserve it well and avoid radar as much as possible specially fun when radar have more range than your armaments

Beta Testers
3,326 posts
13,078 battles
6 hours ago, Trollphoon said:

I tell my DDs - my ship can shoot from 24km,

I can tell your a comedian

6 hours ago, Trollphoon said:

Everyone knows that the battleship must keep as much of its health as possible because it needs to be the last ship left in the game to win the game

You keep cracking me up