You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
vapor33

What are collections?

16 comments in this topic

[ISO]
Members
14 posts
1,093 battles

I keep getting these little do dads for my "collections" but what the hell are they and how do they work? I don't understand why you have all this crapgoing on it's all very confusing.....

• Confused 1

[POP]
Members
2,157 posts
19,267 battles
7 minutes ago, vapor33 said:

I keep getting these little do dads for my "collections" but what the hell are they and how do they work? I don't understand why you have all this crapgoing on it's all very confusing.....

screen shot might help however sounds like your getting event bonuses

[RLGN]
Members
12,054 posts
21,616 battles

Possible your account level isn’t high enough yet?

In any case; in your port UI, upper right, click on profile.

On the left side should be tabs for the display of different information, (stats, achievements, Ranked level,) one of them should be ‘collections,’ if your account level is high enough for those to be active.

Completing collections awards different things you can use on ships, (usually one fleet at a time, right now it’s Russians,) like alternate camo color schemes, and the ability to mount two flags, instead of one.

[PSP]
Members
10,015 posts
15 minutes ago, vapor33 said:

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Collections

Collections are a fun game within the game for most people. I find the historicity of them interesting. When completed they give you certain rewards. It's all there for the reading if you look.

Edited by Snargfargle

[O_O]
Members
5,702 posts
13,082 battles
20 minutes ago, vapor33 said:

Whoa, whoa...slow your roll.  Be patient and you will learn the ins and outs of the game.  Asking questions here will help you considerably, and we will try to help you understand things.

"Collections" are just a way to earn free stuff.  Ignore them if you want...although I don't know why you would want to ignore free stuff.

There are multiple collections available to progress on, but you can only earn pieces for one collection at a time.

When you are in port, just below the big orange "Battle" button, you will see four tabs.  One of those is "Profile".  Click on it.  Once you do, on the left side of your screen you will see more tabs.  One of those is "Collections".  Click on it.

Once there, you will see a row of golden keys near the top of the screen.  Each one is an available Collection.  You may need to use the little "<" or ">" to scroll through them.  If there are several available to you, click on each key (or Collection) and see which you have the most pieces for.  You will also see a "Collecting" and "Don't collect" toggle towards the right side of the screen.  Once you choose a Collection to work on, make sure "Collecting" is selected for it.

When you earn one of your daily XP containers, you will also have a chance at earning a collection piece.  It may be one you don't have, or it may be a duplicate of one you already earned.  Eventually, you can trade in duplicates for missing collection pieces, but you do not want to trade in duplicates until you have enough to buy all remaining missing pieces of that particular collection.  To buy a missing collection piece for duplicates, hover your mouse over the missing collection piece and left click.  It will tell you how many duplicates are required to buy the missing piece (typically 5), and ask you to confirm if you want to trade.

Each Collection may have several pages...look at the bottom of the screen for the green bubbles.  Toggle through them to see how many pages of collectibles there are for that Collection.  Each page will have an award for completion (hover your mouse over the smaller, bottom container toward the right of your screen on each page), and an overall award for completing the entire collection (hover your mouse over the larger, top container on any page within that Collection.

Once you finish a Collection, select another one and work on it.  And so on.

Edited by desmo_2
  • Cool 2

[ISO]
Members
14 posts
1,093 battles

Cool, appreciate the explanations. I do have access to them and I've been able to view them for awhile, just didn't know what the hell it was for lol.

Attached ss of one I have some items to....nothing fancy.

Thanks again everyone :)

wows_collections.png

Members
3 posts
19,310 battles

I have a clan mate who is at 15 but Collections do not show in his profile. Am I missing something simple to tell him? I thought they are automatically available once you get to 15. Any help is appreciated.

unknown_LI.jpg

Edited by Admiralstinkypants
added picture

[PVE]
Members
18,438 posts
11,392 battles
21 minutes ago, Admiralstinkypants said:

I have a clan mate who is at 15 but Collections do not show in his profile. Am I missing something simple to tell him? I thought they are automatically available once you get to 15. Any help is appreciated.

unknown_LI.jpg

By account level 15 you have access to everything. Has he been playing when a collection came out? Has he bought one of the old collection containers in the Armory? If you don't start a collection, past ones will not show up.

If none of those apply, I  would suggest he run the WGCheck program to see if there is a problem with the client.

https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/article/19431/

Then opening a support ticket if no problems are found.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,127 posts
12,083 battles
27 minutes ago, Admiralstinkypants said:

The Ranks you are looking at are related to Ranked or Sprint Battles and are not related to Collections.

Click the Tab below that one that says Collections.

If he's still fairly new, he may not have any collections active ... there are normally 3 ways to start a collections ... as part of an Event, at the end of a Campaign or by buying a "starter" piece in the Armoury.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
674 posts
10 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

By account level 15 you have access to everything. Has he been playing when a collection came out? Has he bought one of the old collection containers in the Armory? If you don't start a collection, past ones will not show up.

same lv15 no collections tab, just recently came back so fresh client DL and ran check too.

link says:

A separate album is added to a player's account for each collection after they earn the first item from a collection, but the button to see the album only becomes visible in their tab after obtaining that first item.

doesn't mention tab though ...

[PVE]
Members
18,438 posts
11,392 battles
8 minutes ago, Ozium said:

same lv15 no collections tab, just recently came back so fresh client DL and ran check too.

link says:

A separate album is added to a player's account for each collection after they earn the first item from a collection, but the button to see the album only becomes visible in their tab after obtaining that first item.

doesn't mention tab though ...

Some collections can only be had in particular event containers. The Armory has some of them you can buy to start a collection. If the collection tab doesn't show up after you open an event box with collection items, you definitely want to open a ticket with support.

[PVE]
Members
8,706 posts
22,017 battles

Has anyone else noticed that the Russian collection is taking forever to complete? First noticed it with those cartoon little girls but figured it was because there were just so many items so when the Russian event started, bailed on those and went after that. I still lack close to half of the items as I seem to just keeping duplicates when I get a piece. The drop rate seems lower IMHO. I find it particularly annoying because when done, you can adjust the camo colors and fly two flags on Russian ships. I already farmed the Oct Rev crates using dups so I could get oil, the contents were just premium time that I have no interest in any longer.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
11,567 posts
4,550 battles
On 7/21/2019 at 10:42 PM, vapor33 said:

Apparently you never heard of the wiki, either.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Collections

Beta Testers
1,403 posts
17,158 battles
On 7/30/2019 at 12:07 AM, Taylor3006 said:

Has anyone else noticed that the Russian collection is taking forever to complete? First noticed it with those cartoon little girls but figured it was because there were just so many items so when the Russian event started, bailed on those and went after that. I still lack close to half of the items as I seem to just keeping duplicates when I get a piece. The drop rate seems lower IMHO. I find it particularly annoying because when done, you can adjust the camo colors and fly two flags on Russian ships. I already farmed the Oct Rev crates using dups so I could get oil, the contents were just premium time that I have no interest in any longer.

Just finished it day before yesterday and yes it seemed to take forever.

Beta Testers
1,403 posts
17,158 battles
6 minutes ago, midnight_sunshine said:

My duplicates exchange is not working on the Russian collection.  Has duplicate exchange been stopped?

No