You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Corsair_I

Ship explosion is so loud

9 comments in this topic

[SALVO]
Beta Testers
504 posts
17,591 battles

Please reduce the sound of exploding ships. It is so loud compared to anything else. I tried to reduce the SFX volume but then, I cannot hear even the sound of the plane engines when I play CVs.

[SALVO]
Beta Testers
504 posts
17,591 battles
3 minutes ago, KURT_WOLFF said:

Huh ????

my sentence is pretty clear. What don't you understand?

[SALVO]
Beta Testers
504 posts
17,591 battles
10 minutes ago, Koogus said:

What?

LOL! you must be deafen by the sound of the ship explosion ha ha! 

[PVE]
Members
8,706 posts
22,017 battles
1 hour ago, Corsair_I said:

Please reduce the sound of exploding ships. It is so loud compared to anything else. I tried to reduce the SFX volume but then, I cannot hear even the sound of the plane engines when I play CVs.

Yeah there is no way to reduce the sound fiddling with your settings. Even with everything else inaudible, you can still hear the explosion. I know, I tried to fix it and ended up just muting the entire game. Playing with no sound is fine, the game noises are mainly distracting and very little real information is gleaned from it so you get used to hearing nothing. It also had the side benefit of making the game less stressful. Without noise, the game is actually relaxing. It also fixed several issues of locking up or crashing during play that I had been having. I used to have to restart the game after every half dozen or so games otherwise it would crash on me. Muting the sound fixed the game for me. 

Whomever designed the sounds of being hit in the citadel and the explosion for being sunk, made them very jarring and done so purposely IMHO. I suppose it is to get the adrenaline going or some such nonsense, maybe to get endorphins flowing. The inability to adjust the sound levels for these things is unconscionable and it disgusts me that Wargaming feels the need to decide what I must listen to while playing the game. It is just so stupid that players are not allowed to personalize their game experience. 

[SALVO]
Beta Testers
504 posts
17,591 battles
1 hour ago, Taylor3006 said:

Yeah there is no way to reduce the sound fiddling with your settings. Even with everything else inaudible, you can still hear the explosion. I know, I tried to fix it and ended up just muting the entire game. Playing with no sound is fine, the game noises are mainly distracting and very little real information is gleaned from it so you get used to hearing nothing. It also had the side benefit of making the game less stressful. Without noise, the game is actually relaxing. It also fixed several issues of locking up or crashing during play that I had been having. I used to have to restart the game after every half dozen or so games otherwise it would crash on me. Muting the sound fixed the game for me. 

Whomever designed the sounds of being hit in the citadel and the explosion for being sunk, made them very jarring and done so purposely IMHO. I suppose it is to get the adrenaline going or some such nonsense, maybe to get endorphins flowing. The inability to adjust the sound levels for these things is unconscionable and it disgusts me that Wargaming feels the need to decide what I must listen to while playing the game. It is just so stupid that players are not allowed to personalize their game experience. 

Actually, it is critical to hear the sound of income torps. I like to hear the sound of the plane engines the few times I play CVs or even the ship engines. It is effectively really unfortunate we cannot better fine tune which sounds we want to hear.

[PVE]
Members
8,706 posts
22,017 battles
2 minutes ago, Corsair_I said:

Actually, it is critical to hear the sound of income torps. I like to hear the sound of the plane engines the few times I play CVs or even the ship engines. It is effectively really unfortunate we cannot better fine tune which sounds we want to hear.

I used to think the same thing but you only hear them when you have visual contact with them and not before. I find that just by paying attention and anticipating someone firing torps, that I can take action. Course I play only in co-op, things may be different in PvP. It think the mechanics are the same no matter what though. 

[SALVO]
Beta Testers
504 posts
17,591 battles
1 minute ago, Taylor3006 said:

I used to think the same thing but you only hear them when you have visual contact with them and not before. I find that just by paying attention and anticipating someone firing torps, that I can take action. Course I play only in co-op, things may be different in PvP. It think the mechanics are the same no matter what though. 

In PvP, it is more intense. Sometimes, you are so focused fighting against one ship and if the torps are coming from behind you, if you don't get any alert, you can fail to notice them.