Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
needlenoses4

Critical insults

99 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

43
[K0]
Members
105 posts
9,873 battles

This is new to me;  had a player ( nope, don't know him) contact me using an in game discussion window and criticize my stats;  I know what my stats are ( not great ) but I think it is un-cool and rude the say negative things to any player and suggest that I not play in Random as I am not good enough to be there;  I am sure that everyone including the "HOT" players would like to improve their stats but we don't need to be harassed about it.

  • Cool 15
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
857
[RELAX]
Members
1,140 posts
8,618 battles

Almost 8k battles and this bothers you? Really?  Guess Langley boys take longer to grow a pair unlike Ladner lads.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 4
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 7
  • Angry 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,059 posts
6,033 battles
25 minutes ago, needlenoses4 said:

This is new to me;  had a player ( nope, don't know him) contact me using an in game discussion window and criticize my stats;  I know what my stats are ( not great ) but I think it is un-cool and rude the say negative things to any player and suggest that I not play in Random as I am not good enough to be there;  I am sure that everyone including the "HOT" players would like to improve their stats but we don't need to be harassed about it.

Ignore them. The world and wows are full of people named "Richard Cranium". Any sub 50% player is welcome on my team as long as theyre low sodium and having a good time regardless of outcome. Cheers chummer. O7

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
882
[HINON]
Members
3,173 posts
23,336 battles

Next time, reply to them and say you DGAS and recommend they get a life and a girlfriend. Remind them anime waifus don’t count. 

Edited by giovybez
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
851
[MPIRE]
Beta Testers
3,755 posts
5,789 battles

Who the heck is Richard Cranium?...

OOoohh....

 

 

Rage-o-Philes exist in all multiplayer games like that. Best tactic is the ignore/blacklist button and move on. Hell, people rage on me all the time for some minor mistake I make in games sometimes... I just tell them to Look Me Up, then blacklist em.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
876
[USCN]
Beta Testers
2,776 posts
23,193 battles

No virgin ears here just grow thicker skin and move on

  • Cool 1
  • Angry 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
992
[GOB]
Members
888 posts

Just ignore them.  The fact that they had to stop what they are doing to insult you means they have little in their life more important.  Have fun and ignore the trolls.  I know it's hard, I get carried away with them at times myself but I am just a GOB.  If you REALLY want to make them crazy hide your stats : ) I did and got a BUNCH of PMS about that  : )

Edited by Col_Nasty
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,263
[O_O]
Members
5,700 posts
13,042 battles

Every once in a while, you will encounter an elitist player who thinks he is the Admiral of the Fleet for his team.  If you disappoint him, he will troll you for it.  These dipshi....dipsticks don't deserve any time fretting over their trolling.  Chuckle at his elitism, delete the chat, and forget he ever existed.  It can only bother you if you let it.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
210
[OIL-1]
Members
391 posts

If it's any consolation, know that good players never insult other players. They don't have to.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43
[K0]
Members
105 posts
9,873 battles

Yep; I do have thick skin but for some reason, tonight, this guy ( or girl ) irked me.  Did search for HIS stats but I couldn't pull him up.  Allo I got was (AFW)JPK184.

Wanted to see how good or bad he is.  Might be a Ladner lad!!

 

They actually have players from Ladner.

Edited by needlenoses4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48
[REALY]
Members
189 posts
1,868 battles

Hide your stats. There's no real reason for other people to have unrestricted access to them. When somebody inevitabley says "hidden stats means poor player", just shrug, ignore them and continue on with what you're doing.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
851
[MPIRE]
Beta Testers
3,755 posts
5,789 battles
1 minute ago, needlenoses4 said:

Yep; I do have thick skin but for some reason, tonight, this guy ( or girl ) irked me.  Did search for HIS stats but I couldn't pull him up.  Allo I got was (AFW)JPK184.

Wanted to see how good or bad he is.  Might be a Ladner lad!!

 

They actually have players from Ladner.

What in tarnation is a ladner?

Also, person insulting you has hidden stats...why would you ever care about someone with hidden stats and their opinion...?

If someone with a 60%+ w/r messages you and says "hey bud, just some advice, next time so and so situation happens, you should try this and that" you should take heed. But someone with candy corn colored stats; or hidden stats messages you to call you some curse words and stuff?

ignore/block, move on.

Though, I've seen 60+ players curse me out a few times, I just ignore them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
231 posts
79 battles
50 minutes ago, needlenoses4 said:

This is new to me;  had a player ( nope, don't know him) contact me using an in game discussion window and criticize my stats;  I know what my stats are ( not great ) but I think it is un-cool and rude the say negative things to any player and suggest that I not play in Random as I am not good enough to be there;  I am sure that everyone including the "HOT" players would like to improve their stats but we don't need to be harassed about it.

I see you have T8+ ships.  Were you playing T8+?

If so, I have to say there is some justification.  Your stats are below half of just average, which people don't mind as much at the lower tiers or in co-op.  But T8+ the stakes are high due to repair costs and if players are sabotaging their team with performance that low, it causes a snowball effect and the match ends too quickly before players can recover their repair costs or make any decent profit.  I'm not saying to never play high tiers, but respect goes both ways.  If you want the player base to respect you, you have to stick to lower tiers until however many thousands of games it's going to take to learn the mechanics.   There's no rule saying you should self-regulate and stay out of high tier play, but then again, there's no sign at the skating rink that you must skate in a counterclockwise pattern, but everyone does it out of respect of the other skaters.

The ones who disagree with this, you'll also notice will downvote anonymously without publicly declaring they downvoted because they belong to that gutter class of players that are too entitled and selfish to think they are 1/12 of the team.  They only care about themselves.  Or if they do respond, you'll notice their aggregate performance history will also be below average.  They don't care about fulfilling their 1/12 of their responsibility. They will bring their team mates down without any care whatsoever, as long as they had fun even at the expense of 11 other players.

I suck at basketball.  I see two pickup groups at different hoops at the park.  One of players around my ability and the other that look like they could qualify for the NBA.  Which one do I go up to to ask to play?  If I go to the NBA guys, I put them in a lose/lose situation which in many cultures is an act of disrespect.  If they refuse me, they feel bad for having to do that.  If they accept me, the quality of play they were looking to enjoy goes out the window.

Civilized, sophisticated and mature people that do not suffer from emotional, social or psychological deficiencies are self aware enough to grasp these concepts.  Of course, in the online gaming world, many folks with developmental problems gravitate here because they can be anonymous and most of the time avoid the conflicts their decisions and behavior create.  However, because there are little to no consequences, and very weak forms of interaction, all that does is further stunt their development.  These people are not learning how to self-regulate.

It would be different if the stakes at T8+ weren't so high, but repair costs are too much of a factor to put your team at an incredible disadvantage with half or even less than half of server average performance.

Think of Civilizations' difficulty settings:

Settler (easiest)
Chieftain
Warlord
Prince
King
Emperor
Immortal
Deity (hardest)

Think of T8+ like Immortal / Deity.  If you are still not doing well at Settler or Chieftain level, jumping to Prince or King difficulty is not going to help you.  And to jump to Immortal or Deity is just beyond reason.

  • Cool 4
  • Confused 3
  • Boring 5
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
144
[PENND]
Members
346 posts
6,215 battles

I messages like this all the time. I have a 43.5% win rate and I'm fine with it. Take it from someone who spent their entire middle and high school years being bullied. They only do stuff like this to make themselves feel better to cover up some sort of stress going on in their life. Yes it sucks but as long as you're having fun they can't touch you

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,355
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,663 posts
1 hour ago, needlenoses4 said:

This is new to me;  had a player ( nope, don't know him) contact me using an in game discussion window and criticize my stats;  I know what my stats are ( not great ) but I think it is un-cool and rude the say negative things to any player and suggest that I not play in Random as I am not good enough to be there;  I am sure that everyone including the "HOT" players would like to improve their stats but we don't need to be harassed about it.

I get messages that are....lets just put it nicely and say unpleasant, for simply playing a CV.  Doesn't matter if the team wins or loses, I had a bad game or I was top of the team by a landslide. 

I think my favorite so far was a private message while playing a CV that berated me for "killing a ship that was too low level".  

I just let them have their little fit, don't respond and close the window.  Then I hit battle again, in my CV :).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
115
[LOIN]
Supertester
654 posts
30 minutes ago, A_Burning_Sensation said:

I see you have T8+ ships.  Were you playing T8+?

If so, I have to say there is some justification.  Your stats are below half of just average, which people don't mind as much at the lower tiers or in co-op.  But T8+ the stakes are high due to repair costs and if players are sabotaging their team with performance that low, it causes a snowball effect and the match ends too quickly before players can recover their repair costs or make any decent profit.  I'm not saying to never play high tiers, but respect goes both ways.  If you want the player base to respect you, you have to stick to lower tiers until however many thousands of games it's going to take to learn the mechanics.   There's no rule saying you should self-regulate and stay out of high tier play, but then again, there's no sign at the skating rink that you must skate in a counterclockwise pattern, but everyone does it out of respect of the other skaters.

The ones who disagree with this, you'll also notice will downvote anonymously without publicly declaring they downvoted because they belong to that gutter class of players that are too entitled and selfish to think they are 1/12 of the team.  They only care about themselves.  Or if they do respond, you'll notice their aggregate performance history will also be below average.  They don't care about fulfilling their 1/12 of their responsibility. They will bring their team mates down without any care whatsoever, as long as they had fun even at the expense of 11 other players.

I suck at basketball.  I see two pickup groups at different hoops at the park.  One of players around my ability and the other that look like they could qualify for the NBA.  Which one do I go up to to ask to play?  If I go to the NBA guys, I put them in a lose/lose situation which in many cultures is an act of disrespect.  If they refuse me, they feel bad for having to do that.  If they accept me, the quality of play they were looking to enjoy goes out the window.

Civilized, sophisticated and mature people that do not suffer from emotional, social or psychological deficiencies are self aware enough to grasp these concepts.  Of course, in the online gaming world, many folks with developmental problems gravitate here because they can be anonymous and most of the time avoid the conflicts their decisions and behavior create.  However, because there are little to no consequences, and very weak forms of interaction, all that does is further stunt their development.  These people are not learning how to self-regulate.

It would be different if the stakes at T8+ weren't so high, but repair costs are too much of a factor to put your team at an incredible disadvantage with half or even less than half of server average performance.

Think of Civilizations' difficulty settings:

Settler (easiest)
Chieftain
Warlord
Prince
King
Emperor
Immortal
Deity (hardest)

Think of T8+ like Immortal / Deity.  If you are still not doing well at Settler or Chieftain level, jumping to Prince or King difficulty is not going to help you.  And to jump to Immortal or Deity is just beyond reason.

But this doesn't really quite excuse toxicity in games in general. It doesn't matter what tier you do play or what difficulty. In the end its only a game, that's really just made to be entertaining. 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,355
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,663 posts
59 minutes ago, A_Burning_Sensation said:

I see you have T8+ ships.  Were you playing T8+?

If so, I have to say there is some justification.

There is not and will never be, justification for being rude simply because someone plays any tier.

Tiers mean nothing in this game other than a person has played it enough to earn that tier ship (or it's their 10th game and they just bought a T9 premium).  Tiers have nothing to do with skill, never have.  There is no skill check mechanism to play any tier. WG didn't design any such mechanic into their game.



 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,310
[PSP]
Members
10,014 posts
1 hour ago, needlenoses4 said:

This is new to me;  had a player ( nope, don't know him) contact me using an in game discussion window and criticize my stats;  I know what my stats are ( not great ) but I think it is un-cool and rude the say negative things to any player and suggest that I not play in Random as I am not good enough to be there;  I am sure that everyone including the "HOT" players would like to improve their stats but we don't need to be harassed about it.

I turned off my stats -- problem solved.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,964
[CNO]
Members
5,173 posts
16,269 battles
2 hours ago, needlenoses4 said:

This is new to me;  had a player ( nope, don't know him) contact me using an in game discussion window and criticize my stats;  I know what my stats are ( not great ) but I think it is un-cool and rude the say negative things to any player and suggest that I not play in Random as I am not good enough to be there;  I am sure that everyone including the "HOT" players would like to improve their stats but we don't need to be harassed about it.

Just dodge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
178
[-BMV-]
Members
430 posts
16,899 battles
2 hours ago, needlenoses4 said:

This is new to me;  had a player ( nope, don't know him) contact me using an in game discussion window and criticize my stats;  I know what my stats are ( not great ) but I think it is un-cool and rude the say negative things to any player and suggest that I not play in Random as I am not good enough to be there;  I am sure that everyone including the "HOT" players would like to improve their stats but we don't need to be harassed about it.

Pay no heed to the insults people say to you. They are not worthy of your time. Keep playing like you do and move on.

1 hour ago, A_Burning_Sensation said:

~Snip~

Im sorry but this reeks of somekind of Condescendent speech to me. Really? You're trying to give an elitist speech disguised as a friendly advise and moral lesson? Please...

I suck at Basketball too, that won't stop me from playing and no one has any right to stop me either.

Grown ups and mature people won't bring the "Yeah, you are not at our level, go play with the kiddies, learn some more and comeback", because simply, outside of a job were you are expected to meet a certain standard and get a paycheck for it, a game is that, a game, and the quality of play is and always should be measured by how much fun each side can get. No one has any right at denying you entry nor has any right at chastising you for not meeting the twisted standard they believe you should meet. If they do then they are nothing but elitists pricks or they hate you for some reason.

Like you said respect goes both ways. And the first step to earn it is not meddling on other people's business.

The Op was stalked and insulted for not meeting a certain criteria the [edited] believed he should met. Thats the point of this thread.

Im sorry, respectfully i will say it again, everything you wrote reeks of elitists speech disguised as a friendly advise and moral lesson.

PS. I won't downvote you, because you are entitled to your opinion but i strongly disagree with everything you wrote.

Edited by Sidelock
grammatical errors
  • Cool 5
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
231 posts
79 battles
38 minutes ago, Starfleet1701 said:

But this doesn't really quite excuse toxicity in games in general. It doesn't matter what tier you do play or what difficulty. In the end its only a game, that's really just made to be entertaining. 

No it doesn't excuse toxicity, but often the person on the receiving end didn't exactly respect the player base either.  I'm just saying, respect goes both ways.  If you don't want to be treated poorly, don't hurt other people.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
231 posts
79 battles
49 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

There is not and will never be, justification for being rude simply because someone plays any tier.

Tiers mean nothing in this game other than a person has played it enough to earn that tier ship (or it's their 10th game and they just bought a T9 premium).  Tiers have nothing to do with skill, never have.  There is no skill check mechanism to play any tier. WG didn't design any such mechanic into their game.

You're proving my point.  Those who believe as you do are almost always below average players or players that hide their stats.

Tiers mean nothing to you but they mean a lot when it comes to repair costs to many players in the game.  Ignoring that fact because you can't carry your weight but prefer to put your own self interest of playing those ships over the damage it does to the 11 other players on your team and their repair costs says everything about your character.  Disagreeing doesn't change that reality.

It's the old adage, "Just because something is legal, doesn't mean you should do it."  You should take an ethics course or two.  The local park didn't put in a sign saying visitors should stick to their ability level when asking to join a pickup group.  People do it out of common sense and respect.

  • Cool 1
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43
[K0]
Members
105 posts
9,873 battles

Wasn't expecting to open such a can of worms;  sorry about that; will keep my thoughts to myself in the future.  Surprised to be told ( suggested ) that any players with a low stat should stay out of tier 8 and up.  Fought my way ( bought nothing ) to the upper tiers so in a way I think I earned the right to play,  but I so see sidelock's point of view, for sure.  So, a bunch of you think that we, the low stat players should go away and play somewhere else huh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
231 posts
79 battles
25 minutes ago, Sidelock said:

Pay no heed to the insults people say to you. They are not worthy of your time. Keep playing like you do and move on.

Im sorry but this reeks of somekind of Condescendent speech to me. Really? You're trying to give an elitist speech disguised as a friendly advise and moral lesson? Please...

I suck at Basketball too, that won't stop me from playing and no one has any right to stop me either.

Grown ups and mature people won't bring the "Yeah, you are not at our level, go play with the kiddies, learn some more and comeback", because simply, outside of a job were you are expected to meet a certain standard and get a paycheck for it, a game is that, a game, and the quality of play is and always should be measured by how much fun each side can get. No one has any right at denying you entry nor has any right at chastising you for not meeting the twisted standard they believe you should meet. If they do then they are nothing but elitists pricks or they hate you for some reason.

Like you said respect goes both ways. And the first step to earn it is not meddling on other people's business.

The Op was stalked and insulted for not meeting a certain criteria the [edited] believed he should met. Thats the point of this thread.

Im sorry, respectfully i will say it again, everything you wrote reeks of elitists speech disguised as a friendly advise and moral lesson.

PS. I won't downvote you, because you are entitled to your opinion but i strongly disagree with everything you wrote.

Elitist:  You need to be a 60% or higher win rate player to play T8+ and avg over a min 100k dmg in BBs.

Common sense:  Try to learn the game and at least get up to a RESPECTABLE LEVEL, not less than half the server average so at least most of the time you can at least carry your weight even if you more often do less than punching above 1/12 of your responsibility.

I was clearly stating the latter.  You're making wild claims I'm acting like the former.

And I never said that if you suck at basketball to not play, I said to play with people around your ability.

All you forum trolls do when you disagree with someone is twist their words and take them wildly out of context.  If you can't respect the written word, you lose all credibility.

  • Cool 5
  • Boring 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,414
[WORX]
Members
6,436 posts
16,189 battles

8k Games, and now he gets a port admirer...

 

Your lucky you did not get one like 3k games ago... Black list, done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×