You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ericson38

Did Better in Gneisenau than currently in Scharnhorst

12 comments in this topic

[KRAK]
Members
1,126 posts
13,371 battles

123 games in Gwen, about 770 EXP per battle. 57% win rate.

14 games in Skinny Horse, about 800 EXP per battle, 36% win rate.

Hit ratio the same. Dispersion a little better with Gwen (didn't know that).

Uptiered quite a bit in Skinny Horse (hence the name). SINOP can take about 25K damage per salvo from her. Not a fun ship to play.

Might get the Gwen again after this free trail is over, not the Horse.

• Cool 1

Members
4,165 posts
9,389 battles

They're both a couple of the most beautiful ships in the game, and not aggravated playing tier Xs with MM either. Fair seas.

Members
1,739 posts
3,622 battles
55 minutes ago, Ericson38 said:

Uptiered quite a bit in Skinny Horse (hence the name). SINOP can take about 25K damage per salvo from her. Not a fun ship to play.

14 games isn't allot to go on and WR isn't something to completely make or break a ship, lots of players have bad runs. Fact is your earning near the same XP which means your doing about the same per game. Lets see where your at after 50-60 games, not just WR but kill ratio, average damage, accuracy and survival rates mean more

[FAE]
Members
2,383 posts
2,986 battles

Guinea-senau actually is a rather decent ship. She just really loses in two ways: 1. Conceal 2. Rate of fire. 

For 1. You need to basically hide behind rocks until you can get up close, don't go the normal BB route looking for nice angles to fire on during the start of the game. Getting in close will make more fun. Also, don't chase thru open water. 

For 2. Do not try and go long range toe to toe with things like Lyon. Avoid Lyon. Fire at other things. Get in close and rush them with the 34.5 knots of super speed. 

On my dedicated German BB account, Guinea was easily 60% win rate. 

[KRAK]
Members
1,126 posts
13,371 battles

For T7 ships, I  have to stay away from SINOPS (BB) too. I have had one of them take 25K damage on Skinny in one salvo. Gwen I was OK with, but would not spend $50 on Skinny. I played her for 3 days for free, glad it was over.

Members
142 posts
2,009 battles

I love the Gneisenau. One of my favorite ships in game. Earlier today I saw an opportune time to get up close and personal with a Hood, he at full HP and i'm at around half. We are both going bow on the each other, taking shots at each other. We get in nice and close and on the way In he takes out my port torpedo launcher. "Well crap", I say to myself. We circle a bit and he is at around 1/4 HP by now, and I'm still sitting at half. He runs away and ends up grounding himself. I fire off my starboard tube near his direction, not knowing he was gonna ground himself. Hit him with 2 of the 3 torps and he goes boom. Those torps would have missed had he not grounded himself. Sometimes I question the intelligence of the players I encounter...

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
338 posts
2,057 battles

Scharny is actually a degree slower than the Goose, which reduces her survivability. Part of what makes Goose great is her ability to rocket away from a bad situation and do a little kiting. For Scharn, use AP on cruisers and flamethrower anything else, like she was a big cruiser.

Members
1,739 posts
3,622 battles
8 hours ago, PrinzEugen85 said:

Scharny is actually a degree slower than the Goose, which reduces her survivability. Part of what makes Goose great is her ability to rocket away from a bad situation and do a little kiting. For Scharn, use AP on cruisers and flamethrower anything else, like she was a big cruiser.

Thats a joke right? The Shiney Horse is only 2 knots slower, that hardly makes a impact since their both the fastest BBs at tier 7. How would this honestly effect survivability since the Scharnhorst is faster than every other T7 BB other than the G-machine?

• Boring 1

Beta Testers
338 posts
2,057 battles
3 hours ago, Psycodiver said:

Thats a joke right? The Shiney Horse is only 2 knots slower, that hardly makes a impact since their both the fastest BBs at tier 7. How would this honestly effect survivability since the Scharnhorst is faster than every other T7 BB other than the G-machine?

2 knots can make or break a game (especially when using speed flags), and Scharns biggest threat isn't other BBs, but getting mugged by multiple cruisers. That additional speed can get Gneis out of collapsing flank.Try to think outside the box there, slim.

• Cool 1

[5D7]
Members
38 posts
5,410 battles
On 7/21/2019 at 7:43 PM, Ericson38 said:

Have both in my shipyard, had to rebuy Gneisenau once i finished the research line, and I must say that the Genny is the best T7 BB(maybe even overall ships in its tier) by far. It can sail 33,4 kts 8,3km secondaries, torps, armor and those 380s are punishing.  

Both ships are great to munch munch cruisers and if you get within the sweet spot of 7km even T9 BBs can have a bad day with you. 

Worse problem for you are as for most large ships destroyers, you might eat a few torps as they are both very long ships.

Also they brake like a train.

• Cool 1

[KRAK]
Members
1,126 posts
13,371 battles
On 7/21/2019 at 7:25 PM, Stauffenberg44 said:

They're both a couple of the most beautiful ships in the game, and not aggravated playing tier Xs with MM either. Fair seas.

I wonder if both of them are getting the upcoming dispersion buff ?

[EASY]
Members
77 posts
7,264 battles
5 hours ago, Ericson38 said:

I wonder if both of them are getting the upcoming dispersion buff ?

According to the Dev blog yes as it applies to all German BBs.