You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ArnoldSchoenberg

Benham is the second most grindy event...

32 comments in this topic

[NFJF]
Beta Testers
172 posts
8,257 battles

Yes and you got 2 ships in this event. instead of one. 

[HYDRO]
Members
3,682 posts
5,280 battles

I think Benham was the grindiest in terms of time constraints, but Cossack was far longer and boring (though provided you were consistent easily doable).

[DNTZ]
Members
354 posts
16,521 battles

Normally I get the grindy ships, but the Kamikazes I wasn't able to get.

This was a very grindy event due to needing 48 daily chains completed out of 50 (or 52 if Monday is an option).

[O_O]
Members
5,702 posts
13,083 battles

I don't recall the Pearl event for Kamikaze R to be that bad (especially once WG extended it).

At the time, I thought the requirements for ARP Myoko were pretty steep (kill 30 destroyers, 30 cruisers, shoot down 100 planes, start 30 fires, etc...or something along those lines).

Since then, the Duke of York was pretty grindy.

Benham was impossible to get for free for the vast majority, as getting both daily mission strings for 24 out of 25 days was just too time intensive for too long a period.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,289 posts
5 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

I don't recall the Pearl event for Kamikaze R to be that bad (especially once WG extended it).

At the time, I thought the requirements for ARP Myoko were pretty steep (kill 30 destroyers, 30 cruisers, shoot down 100 planes, start 30 fires, etc...or something along those lines).

Since then, the Duke of York was pretty grindy.

Benham was impossible to get for free for the vast majority, as getting both daily mission strings for 24 out of 25 days was just too time intensive for too long a period.

He was talking about Project-X about a year after Project-R, it actually drove players away, it was such an absurd grind. Not to mention most of the players capable of that kind of grind, already had the Kamikaze-R....:Smile_trollface:

[DPG]
Members
1,725 posts
7,455 battles
15 minutes ago, awiggin said:

He was talking about Project-X about a year after Project-R, it actually drove players away, it was such an absurd grind. Not to mention most of the players capable of that kind of grind, already had the Kamikaze-R....:Smile_trollface:

Clash of the Elements?

[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,803 posts
4,866 battles

Well to be fair, it is a tier 9 ship. I didn't expect it to be a easy grind

[WOLF7]
Members
12,289 posts
9 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

Clash of the Elements?

No, it was called Project-X. But for the reasons I already listed, people pretty much ignored it. 

[DPG]
Members
1,725 posts
7,455 battles
11 minutes ago, awiggin said:

No, it was called Project-X. But for the reasons I already listed, people pretty much ignored it. 

I cannot find any mention on the interwebs of a project x.  There was the Clash of the Elements where you could exchange coins for a reskinned Kami.  I can find the webpages for  Project R, Kaiju Hunter, the Arp chains(all three of them), and other sundry events over the years.  No project-x.

[KAPPA]
Members
2,132 posts
7,006 battles
55 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

I cannot find any mention on the interwebs of a project x.  There was the Clash of the Elements where you could exchange coins for a reskinned Kami.  I can find the webpages for  Project R, Kaiju Hunter, the Arp chains(all three of them), and other sundry events over the years.  No project-x.

It was called Clash of the Elements. No idea what he's getting that name from, but, if memory serves, that grind was effectively requiring 8 hours per day on average. It was a job with no pay and no time off.

[WOLF3]
Members
22,454 posts
20,530 battles

Events to earn "free" ships tend to be grindy in this game.  But the grind for Benham sucked the soul.  I finished that sprint to get what I could early this morning.  One word.

Exhausted.

46 minutes ago, pewpewpew42 said:

Heh. Anyone remember this from EU?

You remember the old ARP missions from 2015?  That was some cutthroat stuff going between players.  I remember in particular requiring PVP matches and Kills in some.  People were really upset with each other in the game.  The funny part was, at that time the different servers often ran similar events but they ran them differently.  NA server rules for the ARP missions were bad and annoying, but the EU server version of the same event had different rules and it was awful, made NA version look like paradise :Smile_teethhappy:  I remember EU server players complaining bitterly about it and then point to NA as having an easier time :Smile_trollface:

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Funny 1

[DEV_X]
Supertester
2,204 posts
20,702 battles

The worst part is I dont find Benham or Hill to be that exciting. They're ok but nothing really special. After being forced to play so many savage battles, my biggest input would have to be not to lock tokens behind an event that not everyone likes.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
15,180 posts
9,959 battles
3 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

I think Benham was the grindiest in terms of time constraints, but Cossack was far longer and boring (though provided you were consistent easily doable).

That was the thing about the Cossack grind; the achievability for mediocre players like me, not to mention the fact that things like kills, torpedo hits, etc. could be farmed in co-op, made the length of it bearable. 

The hardest events I ever did were North Cape (I had only been in the game a couple of months and foolishly tried to do it with nothing but a Leander; I failed, and broadened my ship lines after that), and the Indianapolis Marathon (because of the number of "win, survive and do X" missions with very limited time-frames). Indianapolis fatigued me for Randoms for quite a long time, and it was only the Directive structure they subsequently introduced which kept me in a position to win stuff at all. Kudos to WG for not being in any sort of hurry to do an Indy Marathon structure since.

[WSP]
Beta Testers
96 posts
4,050 battles

Yeah, I got the cossack via the event, that grind just about killed my interest in WoWs completely. With this one? yeah, I am not getting a Benham. I consider myself a fairly casual player at this point and I know my skill is not good enough to make this a quick event regardless. I would have to put more hours into this game than I would have to working my job a week in order to get it.

[LEGIT]
Members
2,029 posts
27,888 battles
3 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

Yes.  The OG Myoko and Kongo OMFG.  And that was only IJN and USN ships.  Everyone trying to kill the one or two DD's in each game.

I just couldn't bring myself to do the savage battle grind.  Just too samey for me.  But all the other grinds haven't been too bad.  Except the hated PEF; which I still refuse to play.  I need to have one of my fleet sail by it in port and send a torp into it just for fun.  Wish we could do that.

[LEGIT]
Members
2,029 posts
27,888 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:
2 hours ago, pewpewpew42 said:

Heh. Anyone remember this from EU?

You remember the old ARP missions from 2015?  That was some cutthroat stuff going between players.  I remember in particular requiring PVP matches and Kills in some.  People were really upset with each other in the game.  The funny part was, at that time the different servers often ran similar events but they ran them differently.  NA server rules for the ARP missions were bad and annoying, but the EU server version of the same event had different rules and it was awful, made NA version look like paradise :Smile_teethhappy:  I remember EU server players complaining bitterly about it and then point to NA as having an easier time :Smile_trollface:

I actually watched the video and still haven't stopped laughing!!!  "Yes, like lemmings."  LOL  (er...that would be me).  Yes.  And yes, KILLLLLLL that DD!

Players don't know the meaning of the phrase "kill steal" now.

[OIL-1]
Members
391 posts
5 hours ago, whyme69 said:

Yes and you got 2 ships in this event. instead of one. 

You got 3. Hill, Benham, and Texas.

• Cool 1

Members
804 posts
4,544 battles
3 hours ago, Skuggsja said:

The worst part is I dont find Benham or Hill to be that exciting. They're ok but nothing really special. After being forced to play so many savage battles, my biggest input would have to be not to lock tokens behind an event that not everyone likes.

Tokens? The whole event was locked behind savage battles. Friggan atrocious game mode. This is what made it a non-starter for me, and im sure many others. If it was a few battles with some specific objectives that would be fine but they wanted people to grind hours upon hours in that garbage mode. Then they had 2 ranked seasons running concurrent as well. Hey our players have no lives right? Hey are players like to essentially work for free right? And then 98% of them will be forced to buy super expensive crates anyway. For what would be a $60 pixel boat? Lol.

Edited by ksix

[DEV_X]
Supertester
2,204 posts
20,702 battles
1 minute ago, ksix said:

Tokens? The whole event was locked behind savage battles. Friggan atrocious game mode. This is what made it a non-starter for me, and im sure many others. If it was a few battles with some specific objectives that would be fine but they wanted people to grind hours upon hours in that garbage mode. Then they had 2 ranked seasons running concurrent as well. For what would be a $60 ship? Lol.

Well you got tokens for completeling dailies, completing a chain of dailies, and directives. However, I think it was 250 (I dont remember) or more tokens were locked behind missions that required you to earn credits in savage battles. You could complete the directives and daily missions in normal modes but you wouldnt have nearly enough tokens to get the Benham.

Members
804 posts
4,544 battles

Directive 2 is locked behind savage. I mean, technically it isn't, but... it is. In order to unlock D3 without savage battles you'd need to play CV. And they broke AA for you too. If you don't want to play CV you pretty much SOL trying to land 100 torpedoes within just a few days.

Edited by ksix

[TNG-2]
Members
2,048 posts
4,357 battles

Since having a child, my gaming time has taken a drastic hit. I have come to the realization that i will never have enough time to grind anything in this game. Anything i want i have to buy. 

Members
5,397 posts
3,213 battles

The first wave of ARP ships (Kongo & Myoko) were pretty wild, and very RNG dependent. Among others, I remember you had to meet some pretty high thresholds for kills on certain ships classes and plane kills. Kill stealing was rampant and everyone was vying to shoot down planes. I didn't even get Myoko on the first around because of the plane kill requirement. Kamikaze R and that whole event was a grindfest too.

Members
5,397 posts
3,213 battles
3 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

Since having a child, my gaming time has taken a drastic hit. I have come to the realization that i will never have enough time to grind anything in this game. Anything i want i have to buy. 

Unless you have unhealthy amounts of free time to light on fire by playing this game, that is the case. Even when I do have free time, this game is too frustrating to devote 3+ hours to a day to grind out a free ship. I'd rather just buy it, or not get it at all. I started ignoring these grindy events years ago. I'd rather a video game, which is supposed to be fun, not become a chore.