Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
kyesac

Some basic questions ...

9 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Members
146 posts
12,821 battles

I play a lot of Co-op solo (not in a Lone Wolves clan for nothing), so some of these things I am not familiar with:

- How do I send a compliment to a player in game (what key(s))?  I don't mean the 'Good Job' thing in chat.

- What is a double rudder shift?  And is it really a viable alternative to CE?

- What exactly is a WASD?  Are you talking about just juking left and right and changing speeds?

Thanks in advance.

[NSC]
Members
1,751 posts
19 minutes ago, kyesac said:

I play a lot of Co-op solo (not in a Lone Wolves clan for nothing), so some of these things I am not familiar with:

- How do I send a compliment to a player in game (what key(s))?  I don't mean the 'Good Job' thing in chat.

- What exactly is a WASD?  Are you talking about just juking left and right and changing speeds?

Thanks in advance.

1. Press tab, move your cursor over to the player's name, and right click (by default).

2. I am unsure what you mean.

3. Yes, you have the right idea for this. Basically, anything you can do to your ship (turn, slow, speed) to better dodge enemy shells and torpedoes.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
674 posts
55 minutes ago, kyesac said:

What is a double rudder shift?  And is it really a viable alternative to CE?

nm

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
1,105 posts
32 minutes ago, kyesac said:

I think henrychenhenry has it correct above.

Some ships allow you to equip steering gears mod 2 and mod 3 (double rudder shift).  You have to choose Mod 3 or Concealment expert in one of the slots.  If you want to dodge shots, it is viable on some ships.

You have it right.  Some talk about WASD cheat - it is just not going in a straight line all the time.  Makes hitting shells or torps harder for the other team.

Thanks in advance

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,825 posts
3,795 battles
  1. People hit this on the head. Go to team composition (tab) and right click. You can also do it after a battle ends and you are in the team results screen
  2. A double rudder build refers to ship upgrades. Tier 8-10 cruisers and destroyers can mount 2 separate upgrades that boost your rudder shift. (in slots 4 and 5). Slot 4 usually is rudder shift anyhow (unless you prefer the acceleration mod, or DCP mod on BCs like Alaska or Stalingrad), but slot 5 you trade in that much valued concealment. It depends largely on the ship and your playstyle. Obviously a stealthy DD wants the concealment, but a kiting French cruiser probably is gonna opt for that rudder shift bonus. 
  3. Obviously, WSAD are the keys used to move in any game. Often called 'WSAD hacks' in WoWS, its slang for varying speed and direction. It helps dodge shells, torps, and keeps you much safer than sailing in a straight line.

[RLGN]
Members
12,054 posts
21,616 battles

You can click on a ship in game, on either team list, and (follow the prompts) to send a compliment, or wait until the game is over and send one from the post game score/leader board.

Members
2,633 posts
509 battles

the above replies hit every nail on the head for you...

good luck

Edited by neptunes_wrath

[INTEL]
Members
2,553 posts
13,105 battles

While in game you can also right click on the player's chat message and send a compliment.

Also while in game you can put your aimpoint on the player's ship and press F11.  It will send a "well done" or similar message over chat and in game.

Sign in to follow this