You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
General_Lee_Miserable

Premium Shop Packages Can Be Cheap Doubloons!

17 comments in this topic

Members
635 posts

IF you have every ship, these premium shop packages can give you really cheap doubloons. There is some RNG involved and it helps when the more expensive ships drop in the 2 crates. I landed $92 in doubloons for $62 today plus 3 port slots.

I've done this with each of the tier 5, tier 6, and tier 7 packages now and have netted good results each time. I haven't done it with the tier 8 package because I do not have the Witchita and really don't want that ship. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 2
  • Angry 1

[MEOW]
Members
231 posts
3,896 battles
7 minutes ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

IF you have every ship, these premium shop packages can give you really cheap doubloons. There is some RNG involved and it helps when the more expensive ships drop in the 2 crates. I landed $92 in doubloons for $62 today plus 3 port slots.

I've done this with each of the tier 5, tier 6, and tier 7 packages now and have netted good results each time. I haven't done it with the tier 8 package because I do not have the Witchita and really don't want that ship. 

Shame most people are like me: not whales

Especially considering every ship costs as much as an AAA game (though all the good games are now indies, in which case, 3/4 quality indie games for a ship)

And if you already have every premium, what do you need so many doubloons for??:fish_cute_2:

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[VW]
Members
3,224 posts
16,288 battles
24 minutes ago, UraraShiraishi said:

Especially considering every ship costs as much as an AAA game (though all the good games are now indies, in which case, 3/4 quality indie games for a ship)

And if you already have every premium, what do you need so many doubloons for??:fish_cute_2:

Free xp conversion. And tier 10 permacamo. And benham crates.

Edited by monpetitloup
  • Cool 1

[MINVY]
Members
562 posts
5,169 battles

Think on this too.. if there were no whales.. what would keep Wargaming going? I'm fairly sure even Russian designers get paid in something more tangible than atta-boys and atta-ladies. Pats on the back don't put food on the table, or new ships in our tech trees.

(bracing for the rage replies, OR totally ignored).

• Cool 3

Beta Testers
1,398 posts
17,121 battles
1 hour ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

Yup , been taking advantage of this, cheapest dubs i've ever bought!

[WOLF7]
Members
12,289 posts
2 hours ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

WG depends on players like you....keep throwing money! :Smile_trollface:

[CK5]
Members
1,151 posts
10,617 battles

Cheap doubloons is about the only advantage of the sale as WG has been trotting out a lot of turkeys (Marblehead, Marblehead Lima, and Mutsu among others).  

[ARGSY]
Members
15,142 posts
9,895 battles
34 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

Cheap doubloons is about the only advantage of the sale as WG has been trotting out a lot of turkeys (Marblehead, Marblehead Lima, and Mutsu among others).  

I bought Mutsu early this morning because I have a specific purpose in mind for her that mitigates her weaknesses, and I might have bought one of the Marbleheads if they had been half-price. Even "turkeys" have value in the right context.

[CK5]
Members
1,151 posts
10,617 battles

2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I bought Mutsu early this morning because I have a specific purpose in mind for her that mitigates her weaknesses, and I might have bought one of the Marbleheads if they had been half-price. Even "turkeys" have value in the right context.

I understand your point, but I tried to use Mutsu as a captain trainer and gave up in utter frustration.  I wish better luck for you.  

[SAINT]
Members
719 posts
14,058 battles

I was thinking of picking up the Mutsu for operations. At half price it seems ok, not great, but ok. 

Image result for meh meme

[ARGSY]
Members
15,142 posts
9,895 battles
1 minute ago, PrairiePlayer said:

I understand your point, but I tried to use Mutsu as a captain trainer and gave up in utter frustration.  I wish better luck for you.  

Operations. She never sees higher tiers in Killer Whale, and she overmatches every enemy ship she's likely to meet there. I think the same is probably true of Aegis (it isn't in Newport, because you can encounter an Izumo there), and the torpedoes are potentially an asset in helping to finish off the enemy battleships in that op if one goes brawling.

For straight-out hardcore retraining of my mainline IJN BB captain, I have Musashi.

[MEOW]
Members
231 posts
3,896 battles
4 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

Free xp conversion. And tier 10 permacamo. And benham crates.

Imao totally ripoff price for conversion (even at 35:1) or boxes (7500 for what, 60 tokens? Benham is 800) but ok. If you wanna whale and support the game I'm all for it

I don't have that much cash to splash though, so count me out:fish_aqua:

Edited by UraraShiraishi

[CAST]
Members
4,772 posts
3,337 battles

Heh, the only premiums I don't have are the ones I really don't want, so mystery ships deals would suck for me, lol

[PENND]
Members
346 posts
6,215 battles

I bought the VIII deal yesterday even though I already had Vanguard but I got 2 ships I didn't have which is great since I didn't want either bad enough to pay full price (Witchita and Gascogne). Today I bought 2 of the VII packages and again I already had Atlanta but got Boise, Nueve de Julio in the first group. Duca degli Abruzzi and Leningrad in the second group.

On a different note Mutsu may have a slight handicap when it comes to her older more fragile AP shells but in OPs she can put the hurt on any ship she faces including Izumo. Her great range helps a lot to.

[-BRS-]
Members
1,264 posts
6,194 battles
11 hours ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

How many doubloons because they are just under the $100/25,000 rate?

Members
5,397 posts
3,213 battles
11 hours ago, UraraShiraishi said:

As someone who is not a whale but has bought far more premiums than I'd like to admit, I had to wake up and small the coffee on this. It's bad economics. I'm no longer paying $60 for a ship that will only be played a few dozen times, when I could buy a game for the same or less, that might give me 40+ hours of entertainment. If I buy any in future, it will be at a heavy discount.