Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
slokill_1

Got the Hill - big surprise to me!

5 comments in this topic

[LEGIT]
Members
2,028 posts
27,839 battles

Didn't expect this.  I played a few games of the savage battles and gave up on them.  They weren't fun to me so I just stopped.  I can live without the Hill and Benham.

I did do enough of the directives to move along to the next step - just five of the tasks I think.  I figured I'd use the fuel tokens for signals.  I just logged into the game (again) a minute ago and found the Hill in my port.

The Rogue Wave guide said to earn the Hill we had to "complete" all directives.  I thought that meant complete all of the appointed tasks .  I didn't do that by any means.  I only completed each of the 4 main directives, not all the tasks.  Anyway, glad I was wrong about that, and ty WG.

• Cool 1

[LOU1]
Members
3,981 posts
10,956 battles

Completing a Directive is done by completing the minimum number of tasks specified for each Directive.  In this case, it is five for each Directive.  The nice thing is that anything you achieve after the Directives are unlocked is counted equally for all unfinished missions in all of the unlocked Directives.

[ARGSY]
Members
15,108 posts
9,874 battles
5 hours ago, slokill_1 said:

The Rogue Wave guide said to earn the Hill we had to "complete" all directives.  I thought that meant complete all of the appointed tasks . 

You know better now, don't you? :Smile_great:

I think a lot of people who explode with rage at the various directive grinds don't realise this either. Or they have a fixation in their heads that every task has to be completed, or maybe they have full-blown obsessive-compulsive disorder - which is a very bad thing to have in this game.

I'm not the sort of player who can just "play normally" and wind up doing something like this. I wish I was. That being said, really having to strive for something like this makes it feel all the better when I finally get there.

Enjoy your new ship. I call her the Mahan's Mini-Me.

• Cool 3

[LEGIT]
Members
2,028 posts
27,839 battles
5 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Or they have a fixation in their heads that every task has to be completed, or maybe they have full-blown obsessive-compulsive disorder - which is a very bad thing to have in this game.

Um...er...that's me kinda but I'm getting over it with the help on not doing this savage battle grind for the Benham.

My worst fault in game is tunnel vision.  I found myself getting nailed by a DD that got to within about 3 km of my DD just a couple of days ago.

I'm aware of my fault and haven't been caught like that for a long time, but it did serve as a reminder to keep my head on a swivel; so to speak, and check the mini map.  Especially when I'm shooting.

Sign in to follow this