You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Captain_Rawhide

Ship containers - new ship slots

15 comments in this topic

[GWG]
Supertester
22,889 posts
12,800 battles

Rarely, for a time they were giving out reserve spots like candy but they have always been stingy with port slots.

[KAPPA]
Members
2,132 posts
7,006 battles

I think they used to, but I'm pretty sure they removed that.

Edit: If you need port slots, wait for a doubloon sale. Then, with those sale doubloons, wait for a port slot sale. You can get then for 75% off, and it's nice to grab 40 for the price of 10.

Edited by Shoggoth_pinup

[VW]
Members
3,232 posts
16,293 battles
2 hours ago, Captain_Rawhide said:

Do any of the containers give you a chance at a ship slot?  

Yes they do. Pick the credits containers, but they fall about as often as supecontainers.

1 hour ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

I think they used to, but I'm pretty sure they removed that.

Bad knowledge!

[PIZZA]
Members
970 posts
11,047 battles
4 hours ago, Captain_Rawhide said:

Do any of the containers give you a chance at a ship slot?  

When this game was young there was  somewhat decent port slot delieveries when you earned containers but now port slots are very rare. 

Obviously WG thinks there are enough new players so new players must buy port slots with real  money. WG even kick off old players through WG:s actions and improvements, so there are very obviously very healthy playerbase currently. 

[FOG]
Members
641 posts
6,508 battles

Per some of the above postings, a couple of years ago I used to get ship slots reasonably often, but have not seen one in some time. Not to steal this thread but at that time I also seemed to get loads of Captain slots, which really became an issue as folks were getting so many. I haven't gotten one of those though for some time either...

[WMD]
Members
1,097 posts
7,980 battles

I have many ships, and have bought less than a handful of port slots. Not sure if they were earned through events, or given in containers when they were added... 

I have noticed that recently though my number of available slots has diminished greatly, and I haven't gotten a free slot in a year or more.

[ALL41]
Members
479 posts
10,273 battles

I received one a few weeks ago, either while choosing "more consumables" or "more resources."   

[WOLFG]
Members
7,004 posts
5,021 battles

Been playing for a year.  420ish containers, 1 port slot.

Slightly worse than my SC drop rate.

[CAST]
Members
2,029 posts
9,337 battles
1 hour ago, ThumperD702 said:

I received one a few weeks ago, either while choosing "more consumables" or "more resources."   

Probably the "consumables" crate.  I used to get them when I chose that one.  I always choose "resources" now, and haven't seen any in forever.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,127 posts
12,083 battles

I've only gotten a few in the Credits containers ... but that was quite long ago and I choose only Resources now.

[GOB]
Members
898 posts

I have 4 10pnt captains I could put in new ships and grind new lines.   The fact that WG wants to charge me real cash 300 DBLNS for each " FREE " ship in order to park it I just won't.  Something just really seems wrong with that to me. 

[-AGW-]
Members
915 posts
12,312 battles

I have occasionally found a port slot in a credit container just when I needed it.

No tinfoil was harmed in the creation of of this post.